Ongoing Deal Discussion

[NYaddress.ca] US (NY) address $2.95/package (Niagara Falls/Buffalo)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2018 5:42 pm
Dec 1, 2013
392 posts
161 upvotes
iamdrumming wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 5:35 pm
Saving an extra buck is referring to American Mailbox, who charges $4 per parcel. I think I'm going to use American Mailbox from here on. They're way more reliable, and in a better part of town.
Yeah, unless American Mailbox starts doing something stuff like this, they are more reliable. These emergency closures at Nyaddress are happening way too often. They need more staff or someone who can come on-call.

It's basically like rolling the dice for anyone who is coming from Toronto. It's 2 hours drive one way (including crossing). I can't imagine how frustrated I would be if I got that email on route, or worse, if I've already crossed the border. Depending on your car & distance that's $40-50 gas round trip, $5 bridge tolls and a wasted day because now you have to go again.
Feb 18, 2007
37 posts
1 upvote
It's sad to say but NYAddress.ca is STILL having ongoing issues with carbon monoxide & being shut down.
I spent the day Stateside waiting for a package to show up before swinging by to pickup my goods.
After receiving confirmation that everything I had ordered was good to go I made my way over.

To my dismay I found that the place was locked down.
My first few experiences with this place was OK.
Mike is great, kudos to him for being a hard worker & often times running the shop solo.
However the conditions of the warehouse & lack of organization are really hurting the business.
I am hoping that I'll be able to retrieve whatever packages I have left from this place soon.

I definitely believe everybody should consider other mailbox places to have peace of mind & avoid wasting your time/money.
Images
  • IMAG0169a.jpg
Nov 19, 2015
409 posts
336 upvotes
fergus
aZn_triXta07 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 1:11 am
It's sad to say but NYAddress.ca is STILL having ongoing issues with carbon monoxide & being shut down.
I spent the day Stateside waiting for a package to show up before swinging by to pickup my goods.
After receiving confirmation that everything I had ordered was good to go I made my way over.

To my dismay I found that the place was locked down.
My first few experiences with this place was OK.
Mike is great, kudos to him for being a hard worker & often times running the shop solo.
However the conditions of the warehouse & lack of organization are really hurting the business.
I am hoping that I'll be able to retrieve whatever packages I have left from this place soon.

I definitely believe everybody should consider other mailbox places to have peace of mind & avoid wasting your time/money.

Another email just came, saying they be closed on Feb. 1st. This is why I use American Mailbox. Never had a issue with them.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3938 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
hill15 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 9:45 am

Another email just came, saying they be closed on Feb. 1st. This is why I use American Mailbox. Never had a issue with them.
It's easier to use UPS directly on Packard.

If you're not in a rush, use NyAddresses, if you are and need your stuff as soon as it's delivered, it's easier to just use UPS. Plus no pick-up fees.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3938 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
I'm returning a few stuff to the US tomorrow, so won't have anything to declare on the way back.

If anyone needs something brought up let me know, can meet along the way back to the GTA or in GTA. I'll be heading back up to Markham.

I also need to do a pitstop in Hamilton/Thornhill on the way back.
Jul 4, 2009
327 posts
49 upvotes
Mississauga
rebel_rfd wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 9:56 am
It's easier to use UPS directly on Packard.

If you're not in a rush, use NyAddresses, if you are and need your stuff as soon as it's delivered, it's easier to just use UPS. Plus no pick-up fees.
You can still pick up the package there? They don't ask for address confirmation when you show them your ID as it will be different over there?
Jul 4, 2009
327 posts
49 upvotes
Mississauga
h2o- wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2018 1:07 pm
Tried to find out if they open today by calling them BUT nobody picked up the phone and directed to the standard recording message.
I tried too but didn't hear back, I'm wondering if I should re-route my shipment back to them if they are open now or not.
Last edited by rumtillidie on Feb 2nd, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4517 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
Tried to find out if they open today by calling them BUT nobody picked up the phone and directed to the standard recording message.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Sep 13, 2008
96 posts
18 upvotes
Niagara Falls, Ontar…
I called them as well, and no one returned my phone call, or replied to my email. I am going there tomorrow morning, and will report back. It sure doesn't look good. Once I get my 2 packages from them they currently have, I'm not using them anymore. Just not worth it.
On another note, it not surprising why they are in such dire circumstances. Patrick Gabriel, the owner is basically a POS. Treats his employees like crap, and berates his customers. I was at the Porter Road location several times, and he was hugely disrespecting his own customers. You can't be a jerk like that and expect to stay in business. Probably why he totally pulled the furniture business out of the USA. It won't be long before the mail receiving business will be gone too.
Dec 1, 2013
392 posts
161 upvotes
I have to thank HamsiBrain for helping me make cross-border shipping a reality. I've always heard people talk about shipping stuff to their family/friends in the States, but I never knew how easy it was to do it myself. Nyaddress was the first place I've ever tried, and it was very simple. They had so much potential. Now they're losing lots customers to competitors. They should make some sort of official statement explaining why they keep closing (for those who don't follow this thread and only get the closure emails) and they need to tell their customers that they're going to take care of it once and for all. Otherwise they will lose their customers' trust for good. Then the money flow is gonna slow down and one thing leads to another and they will shut down.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3938 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone went down today?

I assume they were open since no e-mail?

I had to postpone, so likely heading tomorrow.
Sep 13, 2008
96 posts
18 upvotes
Niagara Falls, Ontar…
rebel_rfd wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2018 10:21 pm
Anyone went down today?

I assume they were open since no e-mail?

I had to postpone, so likely heading tomorrow.
I'm going there today. I'll report back if it's open or not.
Dec 30, 2013
181 posts
52 upvotes
Mississauga
Cross boarder pickups, great alternative if you live in or around Mississauga, used a few times with 0 issues and the fees are very fare.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3938 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
iamdrumming wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2018 9:36 am
I'm going there today. I'll report back if it's open or not.
I'm in Niagara now, just grabbing a late breakfast, crossing over soon.
Sep 13, 2008
96 posts
18 upvotes
Niagara Falls, Ontar…
Just got back from the USA. They are indeed open, and messy as usual :)

The "Condemned" sign is still on the door, and the place is freezing cold. Glad I got my packages. I'll be using American Mailbox from now on though.