Ongoing Deal Discussion

[NYaddress.ca] US (NY) address $2.95/package (Niagara Falls/Buffalo)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2018 5:42 pm
Apr 28, 2010
64 posts
26 upvotes
Pickering, Ontario
iamdrumming wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2018 11:43 am
Just got back from the USA. They are indeed open, and messy as usual :)

The "Condemned" sign is still on the door, and the place is freezing cold. Glad I got my packages. I'll be using American Mailbox from now on though.
Which indicates the "mickey mouse" heating installation is still leaking carbon monoxide and is turned off - and they are breaking the law being in there.

Really smart move - blatantly breaking the law right across the road from the police station - unless of course the cops are too busy hiding in the safety of the donut shop.

Great job Patrick Gabriel - way to run a business - NOT!
Apr 5, 2006
204 posts
75 upvotes
Mississauga
rebel_rfd wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 9:56 am
It's easier to use UPS directly on Packard.

If you're not in a rush, use NyAddresses, if you are and need your stuff as soon as it's delivered, it's easier to just use UPS. Plus no pick-up fees.
No pick-up fees, really?
I have used UPC store on Military Rd long time ago, and they used to charge $5 per small shipment PLUS $1 for every day storage. So if you picked up next day, you pay $6. Anything changed?
Sep 13, 2008
96 posts
18 upvotes
Niagara Falls, Ontar…
brucemcl777 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2018 12:25 pm
Which indicates the "mickey mouse" heating installation is still leaking carbon monoxide and is turned off - and they are breaking the law being in there.

Really smart move - blatantly breaking the law right across the road from the police station - unless of course the cops are too busy hiding in the safety of the donut shop.

Great job Patrick Gabriel - way to run a business - NOT!
Actually the heater was on when I was there, but you would never know it. I felt sorry for the guy that had to work in those conditions.
Oct 1, 2008
53 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
The more I read this thread the ore I think if that saying "you get what you pay for". This is why I continue to use CBI even if it costs more. I've had hundreds of packages there over the past 4 years. Never an issue and always excellent customer service.
Apr 28, 2010
64 posts
26 upvotes
Pickering, Ontario
iamdrumming wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2018 2:51 pm
Actually the heater was on when I was there, but you would never know it. I felt sorry for the guy that had to work in those conditions.
It's not that little white heater out front that is the problem - it works fine for heating 500 sf - it's whatever Patrick had installed or fixed in the back - by amateurs who did not know what they are doing - and obviously leaks carbon monoxide. Regardless from the description it is illegal to both be inside the building - and to have the heat on until the back unit is fixed properly. The description for this is "death trap waiting to happen".

And as anyone who had ever been there can verify it's also a "firetrap".
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3931 posts
971 upvotes
Toronto
brucemcl777 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2018 5:30 am
It's not that little white heater out front that is the problem - it works fine for heating 500 sf - it's whatever Patrick had installed or fixed in the back - by amateurs who did not know what they are doing - and obviously leaks carbon monoxide. Regardless from the description it is illegal to both be inside the building - and to have the heat on until the back unit is fixed properly. The description for this is "death trap waiting to happen".

And as anyone who had ever been there can verify it's also a "firetrap".
It's a full furnace right beside the white heater.

The first time the ducting was screwed up, so it was shut down. The exhaust wasn't setup properly.

Then they fixed the ducting, place was warmer and they got shut down again last week.

I was there yesterday morning, that furnace has been disconnected. It looks like they tried to expand the ducting or it's in the process of it.

It looks like a T shaped duct that ends with the small furnace unit on the bottom. However the tops are not connected yet.

I assume they did a duct job that would warm the place faster, but didn't include a proper food air return or exhaust.

I'm not an HVAC guy but that's my best guess, and I'm pretty sure it's the FedEx driver that keeps reporting them lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3931 posts
971 upvotes
Toronto
tjsbuyer wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2018 11:20 pm
The more I read this thread the ore I think if that saying "you get what you pay for". This is why I continue to use CBI even if it costs more. I've had hundreds of packages there over the past 4 years. Never an issue and always excellent customer service.
I was at CBI yesterday too.

They are also busy and not as warm.
But you are paying more for dependable service and insured delivery.
The hours could be improved but they are moving to a new location soon with longer hours.

Plus CBI has been flagged by Amazon has a freight forwarder. Amazon puts up a fight if you request a return label on their dime of if your item experienced any damage.
They say it likely happened by the freight forwarding service, so CBI.
This is why I preferred NYAddresses, since they weren't flagged as freight forwarding and cost much less and open on Sundays.
Last edited by rebel_rfd on Feb 4th, 2018 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3931 posts
971 upvotes
Toronto
ol2006 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2018 1:04 pm
No pick-up fees, really?
I have used UPC store on Military Rd long time ago, and they used to charge $5 per small shipment PLUS $1 for every day storage. So if you picked up next day, you pay $6. Anything changed?
This is referring to the UPS Warehouse on Packard. It's closed Sat and Sun. And open Monday to Friday from 11:30 AM to 6 PM.

You can set your delivery address from your online retailer to that location and just pick up the item from them. Thus saving the cost BUT you only have a week to get it before they send it back as undeliverable.

I use all three services but might have to replace NyAddresses.
If I'm expecting mail/receiving mail I send it to CBI.
If I'm ordering anything over a grand I send it to UPS and take a half day/personal day to head down and grab it within the week.
If I'm ordering anything less than a grand/don't need it right away I send it to NYAddresses.
Dec 1, 2013
392 posts
161 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Feb 4th, 2018 7:40 am
This is referring to the UPS Warehouse on Packard. It's closed Sat and Sun. And open Monday to Friday from 11:30 AM to 6 PM.

You can set your delivery address from your online retailer to that location and just pick up the item from them. Thus saving the cost BUT you only have a week to get it before they send it back as undeliverable.

If I'm ordering anything over a grand I send it to UPS and take a half day/personal day to head down and grab it within the week.
Hi Rebel, I am interested in trying this. Can I ask for details on how you did it?

Did you write your name, followed by:
6601 Packard Rd,
Niagara Falls, NY 14304

And what ID do you show them when you come to pick it up?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3931 posts
971 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, just show your passport.

Like I said, you need to be there in 7 days or goodbye package back to sender.

Plus the hours are very restrictive.

Plan accordingly.

If you have a seller that won't ship to them, send it to CBI/NYAddresses, then call in when its in transit to reroute to warehouse pickup at Packard.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3931 posts
971 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone been recently?

Any updates on what is happening?
Feb 18, 2007
37 posts
1 upvote
Closed sign has been left out. Had me going there until I saw the pickuo truck parked out back & saw someone inside the store.

I inquired about the sign, "heat and electrical issues" is what I was told. But the condemned sign states it's for 1914, 1916 & 1918 Main St. ....

Regardless, I'm not subjecting myself to not knowing if whenever I find time to make the trip to the US that this location will be closed or my goods could disappear. I'm done with NYAddress.ca
Images
  • IMAG0174.jpg
  • IMAG0175.jpg
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3931 posts
971 upvotes
Toronto
I'll head there tomorrow, they had a package delivered there for me yesterday.

I couldn't use UPS.

It looks like they got closed down again due to the original heater they had set up.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2005
2522 posts
1242 upvotes
Toronto
rebel_rfd wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 12:10 pm
I'll head there tomorrow, they had a package delivered there for me yesterday.

I couldn't use UPS.

It looks like they got closed down again due to the original heater they had set up.
Were you able to pick up your package?
aZn_triXta07 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 8:09 pm
Closed sign has been left out. Had me going there until I saw the pickuo truck parked out back & saw someone inside the store.

I inquired about the sign, "heat and electrical issues" is what I was told. But the condemned sign states it's for 1914, 1916 & 1918 Main St. ....

Regardless, I'm not subjecting myself to not knowing if whenever I find time to make the trip to the US that this location will be closed or my goods could disappear. I'm done with NYAddress.ca
Will keep this in mind to check as I'm thinking to stop by over the weekend but am a little concerned. Tried calling several times but keep getting VM.

For those that stopped by (in the past) and found the place closed, was there a contact # you can call so you can pick up your package or are you SOL? I would hate to make a trip down to pick up only to find the placed closed!
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3931 posts
971 upvotes
Toronto
cluless wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 7:14 pm
Were you able to pick up your package?

Thinking to stop by over the weekend but am a little concerned. Tried calling several times but keep getting VM.

For those that stopped by (in the past) and found the place closed, was there a contact # you can call so you can pick up your package or are you SOL? I would hate to make a trip down to pick up only to find the placed closed!
They are "open."
Officially they are closed, since the closed sign is up in front.
But they are taking deliveries and letting people pick up.
The Fire Department wasn't happy with the HVAC job during December, its been fixed and the small heater in front that was there from before has been removed.
They are waiting on the electrician to update some electrical followed by the inspector.
I was there on Wednesday and picked up two packages.
Mike was there and he was helping three other guys that came in also around when I got there.
It seems like they are getting serious and just caught with their pants down because of the heater and well this frigid winter.
As long as Mike works there, I'll continue shipping my items to them.
He's pretty vigilante with making sure packages aren't just being placed where your suite is in the back.
What I mean is that if you ordered a large/heavy item, he brings it to the front so there is no risk of something tipping over and squashing/damaging other boxes, whether yours or other folks.