• Oct 2nd, 2016 4:36 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1578 posts
816 upvotes
GTHA

NYC (Staten Island) Bridge Tolls

I’m current in lower Brooklyn. Entered via Staten Island on the Goethals and Verrazano bridges. Somewhere along the way I paid US$15 for a bridge but don’t recall which it was (it was dark, raining and the traffic was nuts!).

Trying to plan my trip home but it seems like leaving NYC via the reverse route I’d have to pay another $15 ($16?) toll for the Verrazano Bridge (collected westbound only according to various sites) so I’m inclined to exit another way (Holland Tunnel, George Washington Bridge, etc.).

It would seem that entering NYC (eastbound) will cost you $15 and leaving is “free” unless you leave via Staten Island which will cost you another $15 (total $30 in and out). Said another way, anytime you enter Staten Island you pay the toll, hence 2X.

Bottom line: Don't leave thru Staten Island unless you want to get dinged twice for a very expensive bridge toll!

Can anyone confirm this?
1 reply
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11549 posts
5377 upvotes
Moving target
Don't know much about staten island as furthest I've been is bay ridge but I can 100% confirm there is no toll Into jersey (westbound) at holland / Lincoln tunnel and g Washington bridge.

The toll if any might be worthwhile to dodge manhatten depending on time of day.

Don't forget to fill up gas in jersey some of the cheapest gas around and full serve at all stations
Autocorrect sucks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)