Best thread in a while, 5/5.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1713 posts
149 upvotes
Mississauga
hurley_bernard wrote:
Dec 9th, 2012 1:03 pm
Unfortunately there is no distinction here in these cases between "asking" and "begging".
Also, I fail to see how I'm riding a high horse. Is it because I took time to learn the tool / service that I am using, rather than relying on being spoonfed? Something everyone here is capable of doing, but refused to do because it's just not worth their time?

... moochers
Look, i understand the influx of users that ruined it for the rest. I get that. I even understand your excitement, that this situation basically weeded out all the "noobs" from the scene. But to broadly paint everyone who found out this scene as noobs and assumed they didin't want to learn because its not worth their time?

You don't sound like you're being helpful. You just come out as a douche that for once in his measly life, he was right and gloat about it.

I'll say it right now, i dont know everything about this scene. But i did try to learn how it works, what software needed to be used, what an index site is, how to repair par's, etc.

And GTFO your high horse.
Banned
Jun 19, 2010
791 posts
138 upvotes
OnTheRFDPlace
Kuurgen wrote:
Dec 9th, 2012 4:35 pm
Hurley has it right, NZb indexing sites have brought usenet into the mainstream. There are still ways to find stuff, (headers anyone?)
Ottomaddox wrote:
Dec 9th, 2012 5:04 pm
Headers aren't going to help you when the titles are in code and the content is password protected.
It's not just headers. It's a combination of headers + raw indexers (not this nzb indexing crap) + being in the irc channels that ciphers the names to begin with. If you are in those channels, you know what each cipher decyphers to.
Hurley, Hurley Bernard!
!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
5449 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
Ahh yes, a PHD in stealing warez. Instead of getting on you high horse and looking down on noobs, why don't you get on a real moral high horse and pay for your software/music/videos, that way when you critique the noobs you will look like less of a hypocrite. As far as I can tell, it is one thief calling out another bunch of thieves.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
+3
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2140 posts
186 upvotes
If one thing we learn from the taken downs of some of the largest Torrent sites in the last few years - it has changed nothing. Why? sites like NZBMatrix are so much easily replaced than taken down.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
3850 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
toalan wrote:
Dec 9th, 2012 8:35 pm
Ahh yes, a PHD in stealing warez. Instead of getting on you high horse and looking down on noobs, why don't you get on a real moral high horse and pay for your software/music/videos, that way when you critique the noobs you will look like less of a hypocrite. As far as I can tell, it is one thief calling out another bunch of thieves.
LOL true.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1494 posts
171 upvotes
Kitchener
hurley_bernard wrote:
Dec 9th, 2012 1:29 pm
Why would you share these?
Do you really want usenet to continue to fill up with non-contributing leechers?
I'm curious what you have contributed to usenet? Have you ever actually posted anything to one of the binaries or have your contributions just been posting NZBs?
hurley_bernard wrote:
Dec 9th, 2012 1:03 pm
Unfortunately there is no distinction here in these cases between "asking" and "begging".
Also, I fail to see how I'm riding a high horse. Is it because I took time to learn the tool / service that I am using, rather than relying on being spoonfed? Something everyone here is capable of doing, but refused to do because it's just not worth their time?

... moochers
hurley_bernard wrote:
Dec 9th, 2012 12:24 pm
Haha, yep, but quickly scrolling through 7 pages of this thread, I'd bet that 99% here don't know what headers mean, how to use them, or even how to get them! lolol
hurley_bernard wrote:
Dec 9th, 2012 12:27 pm
Ok, maybe not ALL, but the vast majority of the people here, I'd say 9 to 1, don't know what IRC is, or how to use it, and if they know how to use it, they sure as hell won't find the right channel/group to get into, because they have been oblivious to the subjects of their files for the past few years. Ungrateful people just downloading without having a clue where the data is coming from lol
hurley_bernard wrote:
Dec 9th, 2012 12:33 pm
#1) I'm on no high horse.
#2) Are you sure that's all I'm doing?
#3) I think I addressed that in my main post, try reading? The influx of ***** on usenet draws attention, this service was bliss a decade ago, can find everything, 0 problems, then it grew exponentially. Along with this user growth, came the exponential growth of DMCA notices. You think the studios give a crap if a couple thousand people get their stuff? No. You think they give a crap if a couple hundred million do it? Hell yes. That's why I want all these noobs gone, GONE!
hurley_bernard wrote:
Dec 9th, 2012 12:11 pm
THIS IS INCREDIBLE NEWS!!

This one god-awful site made it easy for any illiterate computer user to have access to usenet and its content.
Usenet was never meant to be this easy, so its totally understandable why one of the main indexers would bow out now. I can only hope that other popular indexers follow suit promptly enough, starving the ret@rded noobs that used this service to actually learn to properly use usenet rather than just clicking on NZBs.

Hopefully this means that the freeloaders of usenet decline and go back to their original sources like Kazaa or Limewire or whatever the crap the used, and it is hoped that with the decline of usenet users to the volumes they were at last decade that they leave usenet alone.

This thread is a prime example of what's wrong with usenet now... worthless freeloaders scrounging and begging for invites to "premium sites" (lol) without putting in any effort to read and understand how raw indexers work.
Most of the good releases on usenet have started being scrambled for the Elite users of IRC anyways (i.e. shows up as asljhsdjflhsdf78sydfhksgdf87sidhufjkshdf78sdfhsjkdf78) without the NZB so it doesn't get indexed for these "premium sites" anyways.
So its kind of funny to see people begging for invites when these invites won't give them full content anyway.

I'm sure my opinion would conflict with 99% of you on this thread, but, good riddance.

1. high horse
Arrogantly believing oneself superior to others, often by putting down large groups of people. In usage, such a person is described as "on a high horse" or may be told to "Get off your high horse."

you sir are the perfect example of this definition. if all you're going to do is slam people because nzbmatrix closed and they are looking for alternatives just stop responding to this thread. no one gives a flying ***** what you're opinion is on the matter obviously.. so just stop.

i've been using usenet for years, i've been through all the stages and 'progression, i've used just about every way to get my 'downloads' and nzbmatrix closing still sucks for me. i don't rely on it, i dont NEED it, but it sure made things easier for me. whats the problem with that? i don't care to download all the headers anymore, i dont care to sift through raw index's.. why? because i don't have to. so who cares if other people dont know how? what's it to you?

EDIT: incase you misread, just about every way to get my download entails not just usenet before you decide to try and slam me for only using usenet. lol.

you're attitude in general just stinks and isn't wanted so do yourself a favour and shut it.

for anyone looking for a quick and hopefully temporary resolution to nzbmatrix being down, *****.info

and seriously, if you think using elite users use IRC to grab their NZB's you just prove the 'example' of high horse as most see it today:
Get off your high horse; you aren't as smart as you think you are.
Dec 7, 2007
4563 posts
14621 upvotes
Toronto
Here's a cookie for you MR. hurley_bernard. You clearly bragging about how "smart" you are but won't help anybody. I think you're lost, because last time i checked RFD was (suppose to be) a community.
Banned
Jun 19, 2010
791 posts
138 upvotes
OnTheRFDPlace
Mayoo wrote:
Dec 9th, 2012 7:45 pm
on one side ppl praising Apple for making its product simple to use and easier to understand/execute.. on the other hard, ppl like you complaining about ease of access.. Its normal for a technology to start as complicated and move to easy level .. heck the first pc was room full and look what ur typing on now ..
Except the fact that you are paying Apple an arm and leg for their "simple, easy to understand/execute products". Not so in this case.
If you want a "simple, easy to understand/execute product" in this case, it already exists. Buy it. Walk to the store. Buy it. Go online. Buy it.
Then you can compare apple to this, because you will be paying an arm and a leg for "all the content" that you want.
Hurley, Hurley Bernard!
!
Deal Expert
Dec 14, 2005
18192 posts
360 upvotes
Richmond
Enough of Bickering + Name Calling.

Let's move on.
Congrats to the Arsenal Ladies - The FA Women's Cup Winners 2013 :)
+2
× < >