Tags:
None
Jan 3, 2009
328 posts
4 upvotes
GTA

Oakley Prescription Sunglasses

Hey all,

I'm looking to get a pair of oakley sunglasses but I don't know where to start. I know that I have to go to an optical store to get the lenses. Any Idea on how much the perscription lenses themselves cost? The sunglasses that i'm looking at cost $190.00 but I was wondering about the lense cost. Also if anyone has done this before could you please share your expirance Thanks.
7 replies
Nov 4, 2003
250 posts
5 upvotes
i recently got a pair of the newest version of oakley fives with Prescripted lenses. the lenses themselves are not oakley original although I had the option to get them, because they come in more choices of coating. but it would of costed me $370. I paid $300. with polarized and mirror coating non oakley lenses with the frames. hope this helps
Feb 20, 2007
351 posts
9 upvotes
It could depend on what glasses/lenses that you are purchasing as these oakley lense tend to have different curvature and shape. And some models may be impossible to get prescription lense if you have bad prescription like worse than -3. Again the previous post said you may be looking at non-original oakley lenses.

So in the end i have to get contacts to wear my oakley because my prescription is like -5.

Good luck shopping
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2004
2233 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough
Try going to pacific mall to look at the oakleys. They can make the lens for you to look quite similar to the actually oakley lenses. Should be around $120-150 for the lenses.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2938 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver
Getting the non-oakley prescribed lenses are actually pretty expensive too. But the majority of the cost is applying the mirror coating. If you aren't looking at mirror coating then it would be a lot cheaper (comparatively). In the end, people buy oakleys because of their famous lenses.
Jan 3, 2009
328 posts
4 upvotes
GTA
teb wrote: i recently got a pair of the newest version of oakley fives with Prescripted lenses. the lenses themselves are not oakley original although I had the option to get them, because they come in more choices of coating. but it would of costed me $370. I paid $300. with polarized and mirror coating non oakley lenses with the frames. hope this helps
What store did you go to?

Also,
Can any glasses store get me lenses that will fit into Oakley frames?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2938 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver
k3v1n37 wrote: What store did you go to?

Also,
Can any glasses store get me lenses that will fit into Oakley frames?
They probably can. Why not just buy the frame and lens at the same store and bargain? One thing to know is that you have to buy a full frame. I don't think half frames will work. Or maybe it depends on the prescription, just ask in advance.
Jan 3, 2009
328 posts
4 upvotes
GTA
samm wrote: They probably can. Why not just buy the frame and lens at the same store and bargain? One thing to know is that you have to buy a full frame. I don't think half frames will work. Or maybe it depends on the prescription, just ask in advance.

Thats interesting to know thanks.
My prescription is really weak though (I don't need to wear glasses all the time).
Also do you have any suggestions on which store to go to?