Dec 27, 2007
16856 posts
7966 upvotes
Kitchener

Oculus Rift $450 (Taxed and Shipped) + $45 off Rift code

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Oculus
Update 1/6: Oculus Rift back to $450. There is no posted deadline for this flash sale, so better move fast (no Canadian retailer has that sale either so it might be very short lived). It's a price drop not sale, price is now effective at authorized Canadian retailers.

So Oculus finally matched the Canadian retail discount (at amazon, bestbuy and newegg).
Oculus Rift + touch controllers $449 (Reg $529)
Oculus Go 64GB $299 (Reg $329)
Oculus Go 32GB $239 (Reg $269)

The reason to consider buying direct from Oculus vs. Canadian retailer is that prices (despite the disclaimer on the product page) includes taxes, taxes are neither ducked or collected on delivery, the paperwork delivered with the package shows Oculus adjusting "down" the prices to account for both taxes and freight, that is another 13% discount for ON.

One thing to note though, Oculus has a "no return" policy on "opened" headsets (just like BB), on the other hand Amazon doesn't.

This is BD promo (at least as acknowledged by BB), looking at pricing history it's very less likely to get a better deal from Oculus.
343 replies
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16856 posts
7966 upvotes
Kitchener
Oh my ... it seems to work.

The 10% Rift code will take another $45 off from Canadian orders.

To generate the code you need a US VPN (DNS re-directors and proxies doesn't seem to work as Oculus website can see right through them, at least the ones I have tried), claiming the codes doesn't need US access. You will need either a rift or a go linked to your account to be able to generate the codes.

Edit: Go (32/64GB) codes doesn't work for Canadian shipping addresses, only the Rift codes is working as of now.

Mod Hat: ON
Referrer gets a kick back when his/her code is used, so posting code here (saying/implying you have one and/or requesting people to PM you to get a code) will violate the posting rules, so to keep things clean and tidy please refrain from posting codes, on the other hand, those needing a code can just post saying so (codes are product specific so mention if it's rift, go 32 or go 64 you want) then update their post once they are helped.
Mod Hat: OFF
Images
  • 2018-12-16.png
  • 2018-12-16 (1).png
Oct 24, 2013
2 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks OP, have been holding off on this, but the no shipping/taxes makes it a pretty good deal I think, we''ll see if that is the case. thanks again
Oct 14, 2017
265 posts
239 upvotes
I don't need it.
I don't need it.
I don't need it.

Bought it! Thanks OP!
Jul 30, 2018
36 posts
25 upvotes
Thanks, snagged it

No idea what I'm going to do with it... But open to suggestions!
Dec 28, 2011
434 posts
372 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
xtrmDeals wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 12:37 pm
I don't need it.
I don't need it.
I don't need it.
You'll say that until you try it.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16856 posts
7966 upvotes
Kitchener
makingbaconpancakes wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 1:45 pm
Thanks, snagged it

No idea what I'm going to do with it... But open to suggestions!
Rift or Go ?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16856 posts
7966 upvotes
Kitchener
jason9577 wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 8:53 am
Thanks OP, have been holding off on this, but the no shipping/taxes makes it a pretty good deal I think, we''ll see if that is the case. thanks again
Got my rift for same price ($450) BF 2017, it has held it's price well throughout the year and the offerings only got better (Oculus exclusives + Steam VR + Vive port), now at $405 all in it's really a no brainer, upcoming Oculus Quest will be non-tethered (catalog remains to be seen) so it seems rift will be maintained for a while.

oh and I would recommend putting the extra savings towards a third sensor (best value is the touch bundle for $140 all in), third sensor will help tremendously with room scale (room scale with 2 sensors placed diagonally is certainly doable albeit a little iffy sometimes) and extra controllers will serve as backups.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16856 posts
7966 upvotes
Kitchener
makingbaconpancakes wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 2:02 pm
The rift!
If you have a capable rig you wont be disappointed, rift comes with 7 games out of the box.

I also agree with about half the list here: https://uploadvr.com/9-best-rift-games/

If you are into simulators getting a stick/wheel will be super fun.
Mar 5, 2011
53 posts
21 upvotes
Mississauga
Made the jump and bought one, thanks OP.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16856 posts
7966 upvotes
Kitchener
thymus wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 2:49 pm
You can find a code at reddit.
Correct, alternatively, you can post here that you "need a code" but not that you "have a code".
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
4673 posts
692 upvotes
How did you get that 10% bit to show up on the referrals page? I have a Go, I'm logged in via VPN (US), and all I see is this:
My Referrals
Invite a friend into VR. Get $30 USD in Oculus Store credit when a friend purchases Oculus Rift, or $20 USD in Oculus Store credit when a friend purchases Oculus Go, applicable towards any software title.How invites work.

You have 3 invitations remaining.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
16856 posts
7966 upvotes
Kitchener
Manic1! wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 3:34 pm
Will this arrive before Christmas?
Less likely, usually a week or two to reach you, once they ship its about 3~4 days transit, problem with Oculus is that they don't have the fasted fulfillment (esp around holidays).