Dec 27, 2007
18675 posts
9808 upvotes
Kitchener

Oculus: Rift Winter Sale

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Oculus
For new rift owners that missed the 24 hours anniversary sale couple of weeks ago.
Lots of goodies.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/sect ... 723718034/
43 replies
Dec 28, 2011
481 posts
405 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Keep in mind this is like the old Steam sales with different daily deals every day. You're better off waiting until the end to purchase general discounted items just in case the thing you want has a daily sale.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18675 posts
9808 upvotes
Kitchener
ExplodingFist wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 8:47 pm
Keep in mind this is like the old Steam sales with different daily deals every day. You're better off waiting until the end to purchase general discounted items just in case the thing you want has a daily sale.
You mean things that are already discounted as part of the winter sale might get even deeper discount as part of the daily deal ?
Thing is I am not sure when does the winter sale end, there is no blog post for it on Oculus.
But lots of 50%~60% off on the otherwise pricey titles nonetheless.
Dec 28, 2011
481 posts
405 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
aasoror wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 9:06 pm
You mean things that are already discounted as part of the winter sale might get even deeper discount as part of the daily deal ?
Thing is I am not sure when does the winter sale end, there is no blog post for it on Oculus.
But lots of 50%~60% off on the otherwise pricey titles nonetheless.
In previous sales that happened multiple times, yes. People tried to refund but by the time the refund went through the daily sale was over.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2047 posts
727 upvotes
Thanks for the heads up, will wait for lone echo to drop again. Does anyone know what it was in the last sale?
Apr 24, 2014
223 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sooo according to steamDB the price for eve valkyrie today is really good!

However Adr1ft has been cheaper at 4.29 i believe it said. So you might want to pass and wait the steam sale in a week?
Dec 28, 2011
481 posts
405 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Sephran wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 10:12 pm
sooo according to steamDB the price for eve valkyrie today is really good!

However Adr1ft has been cheaper at 4.29 i believe it said. So you might want to pass and wait the steam sale in a week?
Adr1ft doesn't support touch controllers. Much better off getting Lone Echo if you want a really good space game.
Jun 15, 2009
688 posts
163 upvotes
What about the packs? Green pack with Lone Echo seems like a decent deal if you like even half the games in it. Or is it worth waiting for individual sales? What's the cheapest Lone Echo would go on it's own?
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1910 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bubblepop wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 9:39 pm
Onward 40% off on Steam store for $16.79 CAD. Gets good reviews. http://store.steampowered.com/app/496240/Onward/
In my short time with VR I've come to learn that a 'good' vr game is equivalent to a 4.0/10 normal game.

Onward is fun, but god is it a laggy glitchy piece of shit with poor quality everything. It's like going back to CS 1.6 but an even less refined version.
Jun 7, 2007
315 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
censored wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 9:59 am
What about the packs? Green pack with Lone Echo seems like a decent deal if you like even half the games in it. Or is it worth waiting for individual sales? What's the cheapest Lone Echo would go on it's own?
It was $34.99 during the Oculus Touch Anniversary sale a few days ago, which I think is a discount of 25%. It's an Oculus exclusive as far as I'm aware, so no waiting for the Steam sale on that one unfortunately.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6471 posts
3351 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
nabiul wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 10:06 am
In my short time with VR I've come to learn that a 'good' vr game is equivalent to a 4.0/10 normal game.

Onward is fun, but god is it a laggy glitchy piece of shit with poor quality everything. It's like going back to CS 1.6 but an even less refined version.
Did you buy the Steam version, or the Oculus Home version?

I'm thinking about picking it up, but have seen some posts over in the Steam discussion forums about that version not running very well.

Users were asking for Oculus Home keys, but apparently the developer refuses to accommodate them.

I'm also not sure if it's cross-platform, allowing for Steam & Oculus Home players to play with each other.

The thing is, I also own a Vive & Windows MR HMD, so it might be easier to buy it on Steam and have it work with all 3 HMD's rather than messing around with ReVive or the OpenVR Advanced Settings Tool.

I was also considering "Stand Out VR" (that new PUBG VR knockoff on Steam) but it's no longer on sale, same with PAVLOV VR which gets great reviews and can be had for ~$6 when on sale.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18675 posts
9808 upvotes
Kitchener
Side note: just talked with Oculus support, they have no idea of when does the winter sale ends (aside from the daily deals lasting 24 hours and the packs till Jan 2nd), so be advised that any of the other 13x titles might jump back in price any time.
Good luck

Edit: scratch that, just checked the Oculus app and it says sale good till Jan 2nd.