Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Oculus

Oculus: Rift Winter Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2018 4:18 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
WTH???

Earlier today the two Daily Deals were "The Climb" & "DiRT Rally", which should have run until 10amPST/7amEST tomorrow.....but now part way through the day they've substituted "Wilson's Heart" for DiRT Rally????

I hope this won't be a recurring theme throughout the sale, as it reminds me of the way Steam used to pull that crap during their Season Sales, with deals changing throughout the day for a week.

Of course, I picked up Wilson's Heart a couple of weeks ago for $11.99, and I haven't even tried it yet, LOL!!!!!

So now for me, Wilson's Heart is Murphy's Law.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Woah! wrote: Earlier today the two Daily Deals were "The Climb" & "DiRT Rally", which should have run until 10amPST/7amEST tomorrow.....but now part way through the day they've substituted "Wilson's Heart" for DiRT Rally????
I think they did change it on the 12 hours mark.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Winter sale finale:
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/sect ... 723718034/

Lone Echo: $35
The Climb: $12
Killing Floor INCURSION: $17
ARKTIKA 1: $17
I Expect You to Die: $5.8
Chronos: $9
Star Trek Bridge Crew: $35
Super Hot VR: $12
Arizona Sunshine: $20
From Other Suns: $23

Sale ends in 1 day.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Man, I was hoping that "Edge Of Nowhere" was going to drop below $22.99....say to $16.99 or so. Disappointed Face

Sux that they're doing an Encore, but that's great for those people who received a Rift for Xmas and want to stock up on some great games.

I've picked up around a dozen or so games during this sale, might grab a couple more before it ends.

ARKTIKA.1 was a hidden gem for me...it's GORGEOUS!!!!

WANDS is pretty cool too, multiplayer only, but for ~$5 it's well worth it just to mess around with.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2198 posts
2414 upvotes
Just bought the rift on boxing day and already have a large backlog thx to this sale. Can't wait to play them all! That said, none of my friends have the rift so I'm a lone warrior out there right now. If anyone is looking for friends PM me and let's play!
May 5, 2012
182 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks, OP!

Picked up Chronos and The Climb.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2303 posts
2322 upvotes
Montreal
thanks !
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Nov 15, 2017
348 posts
665 upvotes
WEST CANADA
For me the Rift was fun for maybe the first 10 day mostly because of the wow factor in seeing 3d scenarios but since then I have basically abandon it because the games aren't challenging and long enough to keep me coming back. Asides from the included games I bough another 10 and all are visually neat but none entertaining like GTA Online. I'm thinking of trying Rockband to see if that has something to it.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1541 posts
385 upvotes
Sweet an encore. Just gotta compare the prices between this and steam for similar games then gonna pick up maybe lone echo, any others people recommend?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
zebracobra007 wrote: For me the Rift was fun for maybe the first 10 day mostly because of the wow factor in seeing 3d scenarios but since then I have basically abandon it because the games aren't challenging and long enough to keep me coming back. Asides from the included games I bough another 10 and all are visually neat but none entertaining like GTA Online. I'm thinking of trying Rockband to see if that has something to it.
Why don't you just buy some of the more challenging games from Steam???
They have a ton of games for VR, and I'm sure you'd find a few which are up to the task.

I wouldn't buy Rockband VR unless you already have a plastic PS4 or XBox One from Rockband 4.
Otherwise you're going to have to shell out at least $80 for one of those as the older ones don't work with Rockband VR.
Apr 24, 2014
261 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This sale has been great for me as a new rift owner (Black Friday 2017). I love my rift, been painless to switch in and out of.

The only problem I have with it right now, is the expensive prices for extremely short and often unfinished games. I bought "I expect you to die" which was amazingly fun! It had 6 levels... the game is 30$ or so brand new! Even EVE valkyrie, the missions in that for solo play are 10-15 minutes of game time because i'm bad at space flying.

I bought gun club VR, which I absolutely love playing, just love it. It's got maybe 10 guns total, 2 are shotguns which are kind of meh/not fun IMO, 2 are rifles, you have a few pistols and a few smgs. Some of the accessories you can equip are useless right now (long range scopes). Most you don't really need to buy.

Getting through the levels i've gotten maybe 8-12 hours playing through over 120 levels.

It makes me very nervous to buy content for the rift now.
Dec 28, 2011
514 posts
427 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Woah! wrote: Man, I was hoping that "Edge Of Nowhere" was going to drop below $22.99....say to $16.99 or so. Disappointed Face

Sux that they're doing an Encore, but that's great for those people who received a Rift for Xmas and want to stock up on some great games.

I've picked up around a dozen or so games during this sale, might grab a couple more before it ends.

ARKTIKA.1 was a hidden gem for me...it's GORGEOUS!!!!

WANDS is pretty cool too, multiplayer only, but for ~$5 it's well worth it just to mess around with.
Edge of no where was like $6 in a previous sale. I bought ARKTIKA.1 a while back and ended up getting it refunded. The node based teleport killed it, which was unfortunate because the gun play was pretty good.

The best game I picked up this sale was Sparc. A surprisingly fun multiplayer game that is a decent work out too. Cross platform with PSVR so there are people playing even really late at night.