Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
oculus

Oculus rift and touch controllers $549

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2017 9:48 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2353 posts
1149 upvotes
Waterloo
Psyclist wrote: I cant decide if i need the third sensor, everything has seemed to be working fine with the two thus far...Can anybody speak to the move from two to three sensors?
The only place I noticed a need for a third sensor was in Robo Recall. Sometimes when the robots are shooting at you from the back and you turn to shoot them, you will see a warning that you need to turn around to face the sensors.

I have the standard placement of the two sensors at the front of the playspace.

If you don't notice any issues in your games, I wouldn't bother.
| Fractal Design Meshify C | LG 27GL850 (dual) | AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 FE | 32GB G.SKill Trident Z RGB | ASUS ROG Strix B450-F II | XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe | Razer Huntsman Elite | Razer Basilisk Ultimate |
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3334 upvotes
ive been a while with 2 sensors now to be able to say that you should get a 3rd sensor if you move a little to the side or even to the back it will tell you to face the sensor, it is sometimes annoying as it is just slightly and it will tell you.. im getting a third sensor for full experience. also i think that even if there is a upgrade. the sensor should be compatible but thats a assumption.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2577 posts
1733 upvotes
Mine are about 6 ft apart, faced in slightly at me and about chest height. Dont have any issues in my 6x7" space
Sep 28, 2003
900 posts
529 upvotes
I place the sensors at opposite corners of my place space for 2 sensor room scale. It definitely has dead spots but is generally better coverage for games like Superhot and Arizona Sunshine.

I'm not sure if it's been fixed but calibrating the sensors requires all of them to see your touch controller. It'll give an error at the stage when you're supposed to hold the sensor next to your head.
May 23, 2015
112 posts
60 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Sarc wrote: You might want to adjust the straps so the top one is looser. It should be like wearing a ball cap where all the tightness is around the crown of your head. If you have a headset impression around your eyes after you play, it's a sign that you're wearing the headset too tight. The top of the foam insert should bear most of the weight on your forehead and the bottom should be barely touching your cheeks/under your eyes.
I've tried doing this and maxed out the tightness on the top strap and it still wasn't holding on well. Had to tighten the side ones for support instead but it leaves my face with the headset prints.
Mar 15, 2008
358 posts
231 upvotes
Mine was just delivered by UPS with no taxes or duty. I am in Ontario.

July 12th 11 AM - Order Placed
July 19th 5:30 PM - Order Processed
July 20th 6 PM - Order Shipped
July 26th 1 PM - Order Recieved (original bundle)
Last edited by Decivox on Jul 26th, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 15, 2008
358 posts
231 upvotes
pok wrote: oh they have stock now? did you get the old bundle or the new one? was it delivered by ups?
I ordered on July 12th, I received the old bundle, and it was delivered by UPS. When I checked out, the Xbone controller and other extras were specifically listed.
Mar 10, 2008
440 posts
27 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
I ordered on July 12th and my shipment is due to arrive tomorrow via UPS, there are two tracking numbers.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
I keep coming back here hoping to see oculus decided to add the xbox control and extras to the new pack cause then id be in for 2 sets one for myself one for a gift.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2003
2432 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
same here but doubtful... i might be buying an BNIB old bundle for 600 off someone that decides not to want it, they make a sweet $50.. if anyone here wants to do this, my num is 6472998847 i'm in Richmond Hill
blazed16 wrote: I keep coming back here hoping to see oculus decided to add the xbox control and extras to the new pack cause then id be in for 2 sets one for myself one for a gift.
Apr 20, 2014
230 posts
307 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
I just ordered a third sensor from Microsoft last night and it was shipped today for Friday delivery.
I hope I don't need to buy any more stuff for this thing.
I keep expecting my bank to call me and revoke my Credit Card.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
torontoraptor wrote: The only place I noticed a need for a third sensor was in Robo Recall. Sometimes when the robots are shooting at you from the back and you turn to shoot them, you will see a warning that you need to turn around to face the sensors.

I have the standard placement of the two sensors at the front of the playspace.

If you don't notice any issues in your games, I wouldn't bother.
Did you use the 2 Sensors setting in the Robo Re-Call game menu?
It asks you whether you are using 2 or 3 Sensors when you first start the game as well.

A 3rd Sensor is definitely worth the extra $79 all-in price in order to really lock down decent room-scale tracking.
They're also giving you an active 16' USB 2.0 extension cable which is worth around $20 CAD.

Think of it this way, there's only going to be more and more games coming out which will benefit from it.
Why not have the best experience possible, without all of the immersion breaking warnings popping up during gameplay whenever you turn around?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
I've just heard from one of my fellow sim racers who placed an order on Sunday and followed up today with an inquiry with customer service for a shipping ETA.

Sold out, new bundles won't be shipping until mid August, still accepting orders and honoring the sale price.

After hearing their response he has cancelled his order.

Makes me wonder at which point we will begin to see the current backlog of orders stop being fulfilled.

Count yourself lucky if you've received your shipping confirmation and tracking #'s.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1731 posts
1779 upvotes
How do you install those free 7 games included in the bundle? I see them in the store but have to pay.

Been looking for the past half hour. Set everything up already. Wanna try that Robo Recall game!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Hindenburg1 wrote: How do you install those free 7 games included in the bundle? I see them in the store but have to pay.

Been looking for the past half hour. Set everything up already. Wanna try that Robo Recall game!
They show up after setting up your Touch Controllers.

Check your Library and available downloads in Oculus Home.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)