None
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1253 posts
270 upvotes
Calgary
pok wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 11:46 pm
Which racing games work well with the Rift? I also have a driving rig (G27+playseat evo) hooked up with the ps3, its at the other side of the condo so no go unless Steamlink works.
I think Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally and PCars are the ones worth trying. I have only tried AC so far but it was pretty cool. I am hoping VR support comes to Dirt 4 and F1 2017.
Jul 7, 2016
678 posts
368 upvotes
sure they are good games but id wait until project cars 2 coming out end of September it is too close to be spending too much money on car games.
Apr 28, 2011
188 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver
pok wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 11:38 pm
awesome stuff, lower taxes in BC too lol.. which bundle you got from them?
the original bundle, i was starting to get worried, took a whole week
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
5400 posts
1977 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
bomberman447 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 1:10 am
I think Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally and PCars are the ones worth trying. I have only tried AC so far but it was pretty cool. I am hoping VR support comes to Dirt 4 and F1 2017.
rFactor 2 is currently on sale for $19.99 CAD on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/365960/rFactor_2/

That's a fully fleshed out sim racer with everything included, and it's constantly being updated....they don't nickel and dime you with paid DLC like the others do.

Just make sure that you select the Beta/DX11 option in the game's profile to enable the VR support....and it's glorious even in its early stages.

There's currently no better deal for a VR racing sim at the moment, other than of course the free "RaceRoom Racing Experience" also on Steam.....but that is nothing more than a demo with a sh!tload of overpriced a' la carte DLC.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
5400 posts
1977 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
john69est wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 1:24 am
the original bundle, i was starting to get worried, took a whole week
Yeah, I seem to recall that you had done this Best Buy PM before even I did....thought you already had it in the bag.

My online PM was denied, but I went into my local Best Buy and the on-duty manager approved it right away and I walked out with the full original bundle for $549 all-in.

A few days later once the online order was delivered, I returned it to the same store and they refunded me.

Pain in the @ss, butt I ended up with my Rift a lot sooner than buying from Oculus or Amazon, plus secured the full-fatty bundle.

Ooooo.....and Amazon cancelled my Prime Day order without my consent, then a week later gave me the $100 promo credit anyways.......weird!

They sure screwed up that promo....serves them right. :twisted:

Yeah, I'll take that $449 full-fatty bundle any day. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jan 30, 2010
211 posts
96 upvotes
Mississauga
Was tax charged on the bundle from a direct purchase from oculus?
Oct 3, 2006
482 posts
131 upvotes
pok wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 3:35 pm
I thought oculus was always cheaper than Amazon?
Paid 632.35$ with taxes - 100$ gift card = 532.35$ all in. But have to wait > 1 month
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
5400 posts
1977 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
pcloadletter wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 7:13 am
Was tax charged on the bundle from a direct purchase from oculus?
No taxes, duties or brokerage fees directly from Oculus.

$549 all in.

Same goes for any accessories orders.

I dunno know how long they will offer this for.....act fast.

It may end at any time if their idiot Prez has a say in it during some early morning Tweet. Winking Face
Jul 13, 2014
17 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Woah! wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 1:51 am

My online PM was denied, but I went into my local Best Buy and the on-duty manager approved it right away and I walked out with the full original bundle for $549 all-in.
How did you get them to cover the taxes?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
5400 posts
1977 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
r5a2k3 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 8:17 am
How did you get them to cover the taxes?
I showed them a print-out of the Oculus site, which displays $549 CAD all-in once an order is placed.
Done & done!
Jul 13, 2014
17 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Woah! wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 8:19 am
I showed them a print-out of the Oculus site, which displays $549 CAD all-in once an order is placed.
Done & done!
I'll give it a go at lunch today. Can you post a pic of your BB receipt (or PM me)?
May 9, 2017
3 posts
Matafaka wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 8:23 pm
Awesome! Did you price match with oculus store?
Nope -- I've never had any luck getting BB to price match anything even in store, so trying to do that through their web site seemed like more trouble than it was worth. I didn't want to order from Oculus store because I've had a bunch of pain with clearance fees and stuff in the past (plus, if UPS can't get a signature on delivery I normally have to go to the airport to pick things up), so I just took the path of least resistance so I didn't have anything to worry about. I know lots of other people have had it all work out fine, but the existing sale price seemed like a good enough deal on its own that I was happy with it.
Mar 4, 2008
81 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Did best buy have it in stock, or did you have to order it? When I called BB, they said no stores physically stock it anymore and they all have to order it in.
Woah! wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 1:51 am
Yeah, I seem to recall that you had done this Best Buy PM before even I did....thought you already had it in the bag.

A few days later once the online order was delivered, I returned it to the same store and they refunded me.

Pain in the @ss, butt I ended up with my Rift a lot sooner than buying from Oculus or Amazon, plus secured the full-fatty bundle.

Ooooo.....and Amazon cancelled my Prime Day order without my consent, then a week later gave me the $100 promo credit anyways.......weird!

They sure screwed up that promo....serves them right. :twisted:

Yeah, I'll take that $449 full-fatty bundle any day. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Sep 2, 2005
245 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Koolfreak wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 7:23 am
Paid 632.35$ with taxes - 100$ gift card = 532.35$ all in. But have to wait > 1 month
Amazon manually added the "gift card" for me, and they added HST... so I got $113 instead of $100. I don't know if it's the same for everyone else.
Nov 29, 2011
201 posts
134 upvotes
CALGARY
pok wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 11:37 pm
Yea.. alien isolation gave me some motion sickness pretty quick but didn't have problems with the other games i tried yet
Yep me also moving left to right did me in also for my kids.