Tags:
None
Nov 29, 2011
191 posts
124 upvotes
CALGARY
Woah! wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 10:54 pm
I've had excellent results with this DP to HDMI 4K Adapter.

https://www.amazon.ca/ICZI-DisplayPort- ... Bhdmi&th=1

Sells for $14.99 on Amazon, sometimes goes on sale during the Deal Of The Day for a couple of bucks off.

For the $1 difference, you might as well grab the 4K version over the 1080p, just to be future proof (it may also have better internals).

I've got 3 of them hooked up to my PC for running triple monitors, and use the HDMI for the Rift.

DP also transmits audio, so no issues there.
I got both of these and they work.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01E14 ... UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M4L ... UTF8&psc=1

Just note when I connected them and used a usb2 extension it didn't work. I had to move my USB3 extension cable from one of the sensors and it worked.
Feb 22, 2015
211 posts
25 upvotes
Brampton, ON
djmitchella wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:31 am
Nope -- I've never had any luck getting BB to price match anything even in store, so trying to do that through their web site seemed like more trouble than it was worth. I didn't want to order from Oculus store because I've had a bunch of pain with clearance fees and stuff in the past (plus, if UPS can't get a signature on delivery I normally have to go to the airport to pick things up), so I just took the path of least resistance so I didn't have anything to worry about. I know lots of other people have had it all work out fine, but the existing sale price seemed like a good enough deal on its own that I was happy with it.
Ya I hear you dude. No worries, I wasn't successful in price matching either. Enjoy your Rift!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
5165 posts
1830 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
r5a2k3 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:14 am
I'll give it a go at lunch today. Can you post a pic of your BB receipt (or PM me)?
He did it in two separate transactions.

First I paid for the Rift in full along with the taxes.

Then they processed a refund of around $66 in taxes.

The receipts would be useless because it shows the Rift at full price on one, and a partial refund back to my credit card on the other.
Jul 13, 2014
16 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Woah! wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 3:53 pm

The receipts would be useless because it shows the Rift at full price on one, and a partial refund back to my credit card on the other.
You must have gotten extremely lucky. They shouldn't have done it essentially. Been to two different stores and called in several times. They will not budge no matter how I phrase/word it.
Mar 4, 2008
68 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Could you kindly let me know if best buy had the bundle in the store when you purchased, or if you had to actually order it through them.

Thanks,
Woah! wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 3:53 pm

Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
5165 posts
1830 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
say4ct wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 5:31 pm
Could you kindly let me know if best buy had the bundle in the store when you purchased, or if you had to actually order it through them.

Thanks,
The bundles were in stock at the time, they were the original full bundles as well.

I did an unpaid in-store reservation online, then went to the store to pick it up.

While I was there I requested the PM and the manager approved and processed it.

Obviously this a YMMV situation which depends entirely on your approach, and more so the CSR's willingness to approve it.

A handful of people here were successful, but many others were not.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2003
2402 posts
4 upvotes
Markham
I have not seen any Rift in physical stock at the Best Buy stores around me, like ever.
say4ct wrote:

Thanks,
Jul 13, 2014
16 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Wewt! Good thing I didn't cancel my order from Oculus!

I literally just got the order processed email finally.
Order put in on the 26th
Order processing for shipping today.
Hopefully next week.

I got the 3rd sensor from them on the 2nd so the shipping was rather quick (sent out the same day I ordered)
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2035 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
say4ct wrote:

Thanks,
Mine did have one and two touch bundles. Picked up one combo last weekend
Mar 22, 2013
79 posts
11 upvotes
Ottawa
r5a2k3 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 7:44 pm
Wewt! Good thing I didn't cancel my order from Oculus!

I literally just got the order processed email finally.
Order put in on the 26th
Order processing for shipping today.
Hopefully next week.

I got the 3rd sensor from them on the 2nd so the shipping was rather quick (sent out the same day I ordered)
Awesome to hear. I ordered mine on the 1st, awaiting them to charge me.
Oct 1, 2009
77 posts
24 upvotes
YaoMingsMom wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 12:56 pm
Is anyone experiencing left thumb issues? Mine just stopped working last night and I've only played it for a day.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comment ... lus_touch/

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comment ... humb_woes/
I've had this issue with the left thumb sensor today as well. I'd hate to send it back. Things to try:
  • Clean the surfaces and blow out debris/dust around buttons.
  • Replace batteries with fully recharged batteries.
  • Test with "Dead & Buried", Some have had success with this title so it could be a software/calibration issue.
Apr 7, 2017
63 posts
18 upvotes
pok wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 1:55 am
Anyone know how to get Assetto Corsa working with the Rift? I read somewhere you have to set the Rift as default display in windows? Seem like a big hassle, is there a guide somewhere? thanks
Not at all. You just have to select Oculus Rift in the display options in the game. The game doesn't start in the rift until the car and track are loaded either.
Phase 1: Collect underpants
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit
Jul 17, 2012
145 posts
68 upvotes
Kamloops
If you order from oculus today do you get the new bundles now? I got my old one just wondering how many people are going started getting new bundle?

Also I'm interested in getting another sensor. So from oculus is 79 no tax and will come with extension cable? Also is this 79 on sale right now for the same summer deal or will it go up higher after?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)