• Aug 19th, 2017 2:00 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2003
2394 posts
4 upvotes
Markham
oh alright i haven't gone that far yet lol.. what resolution do you set? any other settings in particular need adjustments? thanks!

UPDATE: got it working.. but the actual game doesn't respond to any controls (keyboard, gamepad etc), I already chose the gamepad in control settings. Can't wait till project cars 2 comes out.
UnderpantsGnome wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 8:41 am
Not at all. You just have to select Oculus Rift in the display options in the game. The game doesn't start in the rift until the car and track are loaded either.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
9975 posts
3446 upvotes
Hey I know a bunch of you guys have been buying the third sensor for the Rift. Here is a nice deal on the touch controllers, and they come with the third sensor:

https://www.amazon.com/Oculus-Touch/dp/ ... a7e0140INT

$88USD plus $19USD import fees and shipping, so $107USD total which works out to $135CAD. It might be useful to have a backup set of touch controllers, or else if you bought the original Rift, this would be a very nice upgrade for you for a reasonable price.
I am a Koodo customer, a Zoomer customer, and a Public Mobile customer.
Jul 7, 2016
471 posts
173 upvotes
im suprised there isnt some third party sensors already
but also you could wait for people to return their oculus to amazon and it starts showing up in warehouse deals but that price adds up only 4.oo cheaper than oculus store itself.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2002
4746 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered a 3rd sensor, not sure when I'll be able to set up proper roomscale but should help with any dead spots until then.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
4999 posts
1646 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
waven101 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 4:45 pm
im suprised there isnt some third party sensors already
but also you could wait for people to return their oculus to amazon and it starts showing up in warehouse deals but that price adds up only 4.oo cheaper than oculus store itself.
In the past there have been a lot of Vives in the Warehouse Deals section.

There's one now for $739.

I have never seen an open-box Rift being offered though, and I kept an eye out for one daily up until a couple of months ago when I bought my first one.

It's almost as if Oculus would rather have them shipped back to them than be sold below retail....as some manufacturers do.
Mar 17, 2016
334 posts
206 upvotes
Anyone try that Paranormal Activity game? Installing it right now, will try tonight hehe.

My finger will be hovering on the menu/quit button entire game.
Mar 22, 2013
79 posts
11 upvotes
Ottawa
Angultra wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 5:34 pm
Ordered a 3rd sensor, not sure when I'll be able to set up proper roomscale but should help with any dead spots until then.
From where? I just checked amazon and it's saying 1-4 month wait.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2002
4746 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto
clerick wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 6:34 pm
From where? I just checked amazon and it's saying 1-4 month wait.
Straight from the Oculus Store. One day in and they already processed my payment, so good sign it'll ship soon.
Aug 3, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
Terrebonne (Qc)
Hello, ordered on the 20th of July and received the new bundle on the 3rd of August... Received too a 3rd sensor. I got to say I like very much the touch sensors but i'm very disapointed about the ''god ray'' that is very strong and the resolution is not better than (almost) a standard tv. If you can take a look at this video
well, my CV1 quality picture is equal to the left on the video, which is a DK2 ! Poor resolution. Did u notice that on your new bundle ? It's like they took the lens of the DK2 and put in on the CV1....
Jul 29, 2017
11 posts
1 upvote
Ontario
Great prices ! But I need to upgrade my computer first Slightly Frowning Face
Aug 3, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
Terrebonne (Qc)
Hello, ordered on the 20th of July and received the new bundle on the 3rd of August... Received too a 3rd sensor. I got to say I like very much the touch sensors but i'm very disapointed about the ''god ray'' that is very strong and the resolution is not better than (almost) a standard tv. If you can take a look at this video
well, my CV1 quality picture is equal to the left on the video, which is a DK2 ! Poor resolution. Did u notice that on your new bundle ? It's like they took the lens of the DK2 and put in on the CV1....
Jun 23, 2006
36 posts
3 upvotes
I'm using 2 sensors just like in the PDF and it works well. I have them on light stands, 8ft high, pointing down to my chest. Haven't lost tracking yet
Mar 22, 2013
79 posts
11 upvotes
Ottawa
Angultra wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 12:00 am
Straight from the Oculus Store. One day in and they already processed my payment, so good sign it'll ship soon.
Neat, ordered one as well!
kew wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 4:07 am
I'm using 2 sensors just like in the PDF and it works well. I have them on light stands, 8ft high, pointing down to my chest. Haven't lost tracking yet
How far apart are they and how big is your play area?
Nov 20, 2016
63 posts
39 upvotes
blazed16 wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 12:14 am
Has anyone tried the 360 view with just 2 sensors ?

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A32A547
Yes, the setup tool would not process for me when trying to use two sensors at diagonals for some reason. It would only complete the calibration when I had the two sensors facing me on either side in a more traditional configuration. 360 works fine with this, if your body blocks a controller from being seen by the sensors, obviously there is a bit of a glitch, but actually I haven't hardly noticed it. I have a third sensor, unopened, I think it's pretty optional unless your space is getting big (mines 5x5ft)