• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2017 9:48 am
Tags:
None
Jul 4, 2012
12 posts
1 upvote
ST ALBERT
My PC is a i5 @2500K OC'ed to 4.2 with a GTX 970 also OC'ed a +185MHz core clock boost, and a 500MHz RAM overclock = a stock 980. 8 GBs DDR5 RAM.

Anyone foresee any issues with my specs?

Assume I'll have to run games at lower details and probably won't be able to use the Oculus Supersampling...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
8370 posts
2807 upvotes
CortexiphanKid wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 10:50 pm
My PC is a i5 @2500K OC'ed to 4.2 with a GTX 970 also OC'ed a +185MHz core clock boost, and a 500MHz RAM overclock = a stock 980. 8 GBs DDR5 RAM.

Anyone foresee any issues with my specs?

Assume I'll have to run games at lower details and probably won't be able to use the Oculus Supersampling...
Run the oculus tool test on there website it will tell you if your good to go.
ING Direct since the beginning!
BuyBuyBuy O Why
Jul 7, 2016
577 posts
224 upvotes
it will run fine. i had the same spec pc before upgrading and it worked. make sure you have 16gb of ram
your 2500 k oculus home will say you dont meet the requirement but it will still be fine.
Jul 4, 2012
12 posts
1 upvote
ST ALBERT
waven101 wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 10:56 pm
it will run fine. i had the same spec pc before upgrading and it worked. make sure you have 16gb of ram
your 2500 k oculus home will say you dont meet the requirement but it will still be fine.
Thanks!
Oct 3, 2006
481 posts
131 upvotes
My controllers finally shipped today after 26 Days from Amazon.
Jun 23, 2006
36 posts
3 upvotes
clerick wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 1:05 pm
Neat, ordered one as well!

How far apart are they and how big is your play area?

Right now they are 10ft apart and my play area is 6ft by 6ft. I have more space available, but I need to move things around as I put this in my basement.
Dec 24, 2016
7 posts
1 upvote
should I order a third sensor from oculus or microsoft? does oculus charge for tax/duties on the standalone sensor? also concerned about speed of delivery bcuz my touch controllers finally arrive on wednesday
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
8370 posts
2807 upvotes
gbn1600 wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 3:19 pm
should I order a third sensor from oculus or microsoft? does oculus charge for tax/duties on the standalone sensor? also concerned about speed of delivery bcuz my touch controllers finally arrive on wednesday
No tax no duty from oculus right now. Delivery should be faster then the touch or headset.But who knows
ING Direct since the beginning!
BuyBuyBuy O Why
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
5152 posts
1809 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
blazed16 wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 3:35 pm
No tax no duty from oculus right now. Delivery should be faster then the touch or headset.But who knows
Correct.

I'm not sure if other retailers include that 16' Active USB 2.0 cable which Oculus does though, since it's not actually in the retail box, but rather packaged separately.

If not, then that alone would cost around $20 extra, so add that to the $79.99 + taxes from other retailers and it would cost around $110-$115 CAD.

I ordered my 3rd Sensor from Oculus and had it within a week, shipped to BC, $79.99 all-in.

With the $aving$ we're getting on this bundle during this $ale, it's a no-brainer to add that 3rd Sensor for not only for full room-scale, but even just for 360 degree tracking if you're standing or sitting in one spot.
Jun 10, 2011
305 posts
171 upvotes
Woah! wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 3:50 pm
Correct.

I'm not sure if other retailers include that 16' Active USB 2.0 cable which Oculus does though, since it's not actually in the retail box, but rather packaged separately.

If not, then that alone would cost around $20 extra, so add that to the $79.99 + taxes from other retailers and it would cost around $110-$115 CAD.

I ordered my 3rd Sensor from Oculus and had it within a week, shipped to BC, $79.99 all-in.

With the $aving$ we're getting on this bundle during this $ale, it's a no-brainer to add that 3rd Sensor for not only for full room-scale, but even just for 360 degree tracking if you're standing or sitting in one spot.
Bought my 3rd sensor from Microsoft (took 3 days to get it) and the 16ft monoprice was included.
Sep 28, 2003
306 posts
24 upvotes
aeroseb wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 12:57 am
Hello, ordered on the 20th of July and received the new bundle on the 3rd of August... Received too a 3rd sensor. I got to say I like very much the touch sensors but i'm very disapointed about the ''god ray'' that is very strong and the resolution is not better than (almost) a standard tv. If you can take a look at this video, well, my CV1 quality picture is equal to the left on the video, which is a DK2 ! Poor resolution. Did u notice that on your new bundle ? It's like they took the lens of the DK2 and put in on the CV1....
Have you tried a DK2? It's way worse than a CV1. Text would be very difficult to read and it was much easier to see pixels.
DealPath wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 2:32 pm
Yes, the setup tool would not process for me when trying to use two sensors at diagonals for some reason. It would only complete the calibration when I had the two sensors facing me on either side in a more traditional configuration. 360 works fine with this, if your body blocks a controller from being seen by the sensors, obviously there is a bit of a glitch, but actually I haven't hardly noticed it. I have a third sensor, unopened, I think it's pretty optional unless your space is getting big (mines 5x5ft)
When calibrating, both sensors must see the controller. I had to move my body out of the way to calibrate for 2 sensor room scale.
Mar 22, 2013
79 posts
11 upvotes
Ottawa
blazed16 wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 3:35 pm
I ordered my sensor from Oculus on the 4th, it shipped out on the 7th, ups tracking says arriving 11th (one day after my oculus+touch gets here).