• Aug 22nd, 2017 5:14 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18059 posts
3162 upvotes
Thornhill
Any suggestions for a replacement facial interface? I see the VRCover ones but any other options?
Apr 7, 2017
59 posts
18 upvotes
I have to send mine back for a replacement because it keeps doing this:

Customer support couldn't figure it out.

8-12 days wait after I ship it back before the replacement ships.
Phase 1: Collect underpants
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit
May 23, 2007
747 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary
Hi Guys, I got an extra sensor but I don’t need it if anyone in Calgary interested I can sell at cost.
Aug 16, 2009
12 posts
Calgary
aeroseb wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 12:57 am
Hello, ordered on the 20th of July and received the new bundle on the 3rd of August... Received too a 3rd sensor. I got to say I like very much the touch sensors but i'm very disapointed about the ''god ray'' that is very strong and the resolution is not better than (almost) a standard tv. If you can take a look at this video
well, my CV1 quality picture is equal to the left on the video, which is a DK2 ! Poor resolution. Did u notice that on your new bundle ? It's like they took the lens of the DK2 and put in on the CV1....
I have noticed the same thing with mine (ordered from Bestbuy last month) as it looks more like the DK2 image. I thought it was my eyes, however I had my wife/friends try it and they noticed the same thing. I also played with the adjustments on the headset for over an hour (tilting, moving up down on face, adjusting aspect, etc), but nothing seemed to help. I also tried increasing the pixel density in the tool to no avail.

Games like Project Cars are almost unplayable because anything more than 3 feet away is super pixelated and blurry.

I'm running a GTX-1070 with an i7, so I doubt it's a performance issue, I e-mailed BestBuy to see if they can replace it with a different one.
Jul 17, 2012
137 posts
56 upvotes
Kamloops
Psyclist wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 10:59 am
Good games on bundlestars right now for VR if it hasnt been mentioned! ...if it has dont shoot me, I only looked back a couple pages
just a quick browse of this site I can't easily find vr games. can you point out which bundle for vr this is?

Thank you
Aug 3, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
Terrebonne (Qc)
jonny.bond wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 10:53 am
I have noticed the same thing with mine (ordered from Bestbuy last month) as it looks more like the DK2 image. I thought it was my eyes, however I had my wife/friends try it and they noticed the same thing. I also played with the adjustments on the headset for over an hour (tilting, moving up down on face, adjusting aspect, etc), but nothing seemed to help. I also tried increasing the pixel density in the tool to no avail.

Games like Project Cars are almost unplayable because anything more than 3 feet away is super pixelated and blurry.

I'm running a GTX-1070 with an i7, so I doubt it's a performance issue, I e-mailed BestBuy to see if they can replace it with a different one.
Hi jonny! please let me know asap when you got a replaced product ...i just can't wait to see if u noticed a difference. If yes, that would mean a lot of things (oculus cut down on parts and QC) or if it's the same, perhaps we're just asking too much from thoses cv1...;) thks!
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
1710 posts
548 upvotes
muscleking wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 12:44 pm
just a quick browse of this site I can't easily find vr games. can you point out which bundle for vr this is?

Thank you
Sorry might only be the two i see on sale right now, Superhot VR and Batman VR, also Alien isolation is on sale and can be made to work in VR
Jun 10, 2011
302 posts
170 upvotes
jonny.bond wrote:

if you wear glasses put them on, I can see 6 ft away without glasses, but in VR anything which is a few feet aways is blurred.
getting this done: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1602460
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2002
4755 posts
881 upvotes
Toronto
jonny.bond wrote:

Hmm besides the "God rays" on loading screens I feel that the resolution isn't that terrible. Try to get the straps just right and wipe the lenses off before each use. I find if it's even a little off the sweet spot things get blurry.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
5016 posts
1688 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Psyclist wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 2:11 pm
Sorry might only be the two i see on sale right now, Superhot VR and Batman VR, also Alien isolation is on sale and can be made to work in VR
Here's their catalog of VR supported titles.
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/games?pa ... ler:recent

Oddly, there are some VR titles missing from their listing, so double check with Steam to see if a title supports VR and just isn't tagged that way on Bundle Stars.

Don't forget to use the SUMMER10 code for an additional 10% off any games which qualify (no bundles or pre-orders).
After the code, Superhot VR would be around $20, and Batman around $10.
Thirst VR is a fun little vehicle based wave-shooter which feels like a Michael Bay film....sells for around $3.
I'm tempted to pickup Redout, which would be around $13 (biggest current discount).
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2002
4755 posts
881 upvotes
Toronto
3rd sensor arrived yesterday from Oculus, $79 all-in, 1 week delivery time. Now just waiting for my 1070 to arrive and I'll be all set.

May have to pick up wall mounts as the rear sensor will be a pain to get right. Was planning to try it in the living room but all the wires / sensors seemed too imposing - PSVR wins in that department.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18059 posts
3162 upvotes
Thornhill
Finally got set up, also awaiting an extra set of Touch Controllers for 4 total sensors. 3 Sensors is good but there is still some blind spots.

But man, I have to train myself to get used to it, after an hour, I feel off for a few hours. And its not like I'm playing anything difficult.

I ordered a pleather eyepiece for guest use, theyre not as comfy and can get warmer but much easier to clean then the included foam.

I actually got rid of my 3D printer for this, I should of printed some accessories while I still had it haha.
Jun 10, 2011
302 posts
170 upvotes
coriolis wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 7:43 pm
Finally got set up, also awaiting an extra set of Touch Controllers for 4 total sensors. 3 Sensors is good but there is still some blind spots.

But man, I have to train myself to get used to it, after an hour, I feel off for a few hours. And its not like I'm playing anything difficult.

I ordered a pleather eyepiece for guest use, theyre not as comfy and can get warmer but much easier to clean then the included foam.

I actually got rid of my 3D printer for this, I should of printed some accessories while I still had it haha.
from who did you order the leather eyepiece and how long did it take to receive?