Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
oculus

Oculus rift and touch controllers $549

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2017 9:48 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
UnderpantsGnome wrote: Update on this, I finally got the replacement rift and the issue is still happening with the new one. Went without the Rift for two weeks just to learn there was nothing wrong with the original one. I think it must be my motherboard's USB controller getting overloaded, so I'm taking Woah!'s advice and grabbing a usb expansion card.

Grabbed that one. Hopefully that sorts it out. If not, at least I'll have a bunch of extra USB ports I guess.
I had a similar glitch using a DP-HDMI adapter, when I plugged it directly in HDMI it worked fine. In any case I wouldn't exclude your GPU in troubleshooting. I also have intermittent USB issues (sensors only) but with an ITX build not much I can do about that..waiting for Intel Coffee Lake to upgrade my old 2500k.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
7019 posts
1546 upvotes
Mississauga
Opening tutorial: so fun didn't want to leave

Lucky's Tale: massive motion sickness, couldn't do 5mins of it

Would like to try out other titles though
Aug 27, 2014
80 posts
16 upvotes
Montreal
Hey guys, I got the oculus from amazon before finding this thread, I had no idea the oculus on oculus.com had no taxes so I paid around 82$ extra for nothing, any chances amazon will refund that amount ? Or else you think I can return it for a full refund even though its opened already ?
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
fluffypopje wrote: Hey guys, I got the oculus from amazon before finding this thread, I had no idea the oculus on oculus.com had no taxes so I paid around 82$ extra for nothing, any chances amazon will refund that amount ? Or else you think I can return it for a full refund even though its opened already ?
They wont refund taxes.

Just buy another from oculus then return the unopened one to amazon.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Aug 27, 2014
80 posts
16 upvotes
Montreal
blazed16 wrote: They wont refund taxes.

Just buy another from oculus then return the unopened one to amazon.
I opened and played with it already
Jan 8, 2006
834 posts
171 upvotes
fluffypopje wrote: I opened and played with it already
thats why he said buy another and return the new unopened one while telling them it was the original purchase using the invoice you payed taxes on. they cant tell the difference between one kit and the next.
Aug 27, 2014
80 posts
16 upvotes
Montreal
jamex wrote: thats why he said buy another and return the new unopened one while telling them it was the original purchase using the invoice you payed taxes on. they cant tell the difference between one kit and the next.
Oh, I didn't get that, isn't there a serial number on it or something I really don't want to be stuck with two oculus lol

EDIT: wow I wasn't expecting that but amazon just refund me the 82$
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6990 upvotes
GTA
For those still looking for a rift with the Xbox controller, there are at least two for $540 being sold on RFDs buy/sell/trade forum.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
I havnt touched mine for some time now lol kinda forgot i had it.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
3030 posts
348 upvotes
are you guys still using this or was it more of a gimmick?

If so, what are some newer recommended games?
Toronto Illusionist and close-up Magician.