None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
2101 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec

Oem Express

I was just wondering since they openned their first store only a few months ago if they're known to have any boxing day deals.

9 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2293 posts
136 upvotes
Ottawa
They will. They always do... However, to my recollection they don't do the one-day Boxing Bay sale. They do the week-long Boxing Day sale.

~V79~
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
2101 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
thanks for the info
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6014 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa
Viz79 wrote:They will. They always do... However, to my recollection they don't do the one-day Boxing Bay sale. They do the week-long Boxing Day sale.

~V79~
still waiting for those 80 cd wallets to become available in ottawa!!
Nov 4, 2003
594 posts
31 upvotes
I'd stay away from OEM Express - i've been to the one in Calgary a couple times and am convinced they will say whatever is needed to close a deal. Poorly trained, or trained to lie - not sure... but they are pretty brutal.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6014 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa
biznatch wrote:I'd stay away from OEM Express - i've been to the one in Calgary a couple times and am convinced they will say whatever is needed to close a deal. Poorly trained, or trained to lie - not sure... but they are pretty brutal.
I agree with the above statement, but I'd like to think of it as you have to be smart when you shop there. I go in knowing what I want, and rarely is the price better anywhere else. Go in there, get what you want, and leave...
Jul 1, 2003
414 posts
London Area
The store in London is a sh*t hole- its a small room on the main floor of a converted house- it is in the worst Location on Oxford st near warncliff rd. Extremely bad corner major blind spot when turning (if you even can) right after a bridge to top it all off.
Nov 4, 2003
594 posts
31 upvotes
skanji wrote:I agree with the above statement, but I'd like to think of it as you have to be smart when you shop there. I go in knowing what I want, and rarely is the price better anywhere else. Go in there, get what you want, and leave...
True, but their return policies are vague and they will tell you, when asked, that they won't allow you to return defective purchases.

It also doesn't help that across the street from their Calgary location is Memory Express - probably the best computer shop (price, service and selection) I've ever seen.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2293 posts
136 upvotes
Ottawa
skanji wrote:I agree with the above statement, but I'd like to think of it as you have to be smart when you shop there. I go in knowing what I want, and rarely is the price better anywhere else. Go in there, get what you want, and leave...
Exactly! Know what you want and get it -- don't go for anything else. If you're paying for a brand new item, don't settle for an "inspected" open but-new box or whatever.

~V79~
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
8831 posts
1346 upvotes
Montreal

Exactly, you walk in buy what you want...get out. You don't SHOP AROUND in there like you would in Futureshop.

I need media, boom pay cash walk out. I need a DVD burner, boom walk in pay walk out.