Automotive

Off lease purchase 2013 RDX a good choice ?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2016 4:59 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3448 posts
684 upvotes

Off lease purchase 2013 RDX a good choice ?

A friend's RDX is coming to the end of his lease. The buyback is about 26-27k + taxes, the vehicle is great shape, low km.

I don't think the dealer will just switch my name over so the government may get the taxes twice. Does anybody have any experience with this sort of thing AND is it a decent vehicle ?

I currently drive a Santa Fe 07 from the USA when the dollar was high with no major issues, it's been a solid veh. I'm just thinking ahead for the eventual older car bills and am still debating whether it's worthwhile for the switch.

The other option is to drive the current car into the ground and hope for no major bills.

Thanks.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
2 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
30023 posts
15868 upvotes
Ottawa
Have him transfer the lease to you (split the admin cost) and you buy it out at the end of the term.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3448 posts
684 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Jun 1st, 2016 4:56 pm
Have him transfer the lease to you (split the admin cost) and you buy it out at the end of the term.
Thanked. Didn't know you could do that. I'll inquire about the admin.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.