[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
6054 posts
1145 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC

Off Topic Trudeau Megathread

Earthlings, you're evicted.
You are not getting the damage deposit back.

God
3 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1521 posts
538 upvotes
London
MexiCanuck wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2018 8:25 pm
In OT, the mods helped to clear up the forum by establishing a single "Everything Donald Trump Thread".

I suggest the same for postings related to Justin Trudeau. Consider the number of threads with Trudeau highlighted recently.
I would disagree with this, as the Trudeau threads involve separate issues which should be discussed individually.
Combining them would just create a chaotic mess with overlapping discussions.

You can rightfully say that applies to the Trump thread, however I'd argue that the one involves the Canadian Prime Minister, discusses Canadian issues, and is on a Canadian forum.
That elevates the status.
The issues most relevant to Canadians shouldn't be diluted by mixing them all into one pot.
Sep 27, 2003
9529 posts
2265 upvotes
Newmarket
arisk wrote:
Mar 4th, 2018 8:42 am
I would disagree with this, as the Trudeau threads involve separate issues which should be discussed individually.
Combining them would just create a chaotic mess with overlapping discussions.

You can rightfully say that applies to the Trump thread, however I'd argue that the one involves the Canadian Prime Minister, discusses Canadian issues, and is on a Canadian forum.
That elevates the status.
The issues most relevant to Canadians shouldn't be diluted by mixing them all into one pot.
I personally agree with this position; however, I see valid arguments for both sides. That being said, ultimately, this would be up to @TomRFD and the admin team. I'm inclined to suggest its left as-is though. A Trudeau mega-thread would not be appropriate on a Canadian-based site that permits political discussion.
RFD Forums Moderator