[LEGO] Offical Lego Thread - Sales, Deals and Other Chat

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2019 10:40 pm
Mar 4, 2004
874 posts
81 upvotes
London
Hey guys.

Heading to the US next week. Anything special I might be able to see there that's not available in Canada? Or is it so homogeneous now I might as well stick to WM?

Thanks.
Apr 5, 2010
52 posts
5 upvotes
Canada
andyp wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2010 2:55 pm
Hey guys.

Heading to the US next week. Anything special I might be able to see there that's not available in Canada? Or is it so homogeneous now I might as well stick to WM?

Thanks.

It may be a bit late, but check out Target easter clearance. They may have still have some of the mini's.
Toys N Bricks (www.toysnbricks.com)
Canada's Greatest Destination for the Latest LEGO News! Follow us on FaceBook, and Twitter.
Aug 11, 2003
434 posts
7 upvotes
andyp wrote:
Hey guys.

Thanks.
And of coarse, as many people are aware, the regular price for Lego in the US can be considerably less than in Canada after adjusting for the exchange rate.

The Cdn $ is close to par. The regular price on SnowTrooper 8084 is $15 Cdn verses $11 US. If you can find the Fire Brigade 10197, it is $200 Cdn verses $150 US.
Mar 4, 2004
874 posts
81 upvotes
London
Thanks guys! Last time I was at Target they were almost sold out of Lego. Let's hope they're stocked this time!
Apr 5, 2010
52 posts
5 upvotes
Canada
I believe you can also check product availability on the Target website. Just look up the set your interested in and check their availability.

Oh and if your heading in the US, keep in mind that ToysRUs is currently having BOGO 50% off ALL LEGO Star Wars. A very good deal when compared to Canada considering the weak dollar. Sale ends May 1st.
Canada's Greatest Destination for the Latest LEGO News! Follow us on FaceBook, and Twitter.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2010
3553 posts
84 upvotes
Any news on the minifig collection? Anyone seen them in stores yet?
RFD OT: Serious answers to stupid questions.
RFD Definition of 'troll': Someone whose opinion you don't like.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
2983 posts
582 upvotes
andyp wrote:
Hey guys.

Thanks.
I am in Vegas right now.
Yesterday morning I was in Target and they had lots of sale pricing on lots of their Lego. IE...the Star Wars army builder Sets were all $10.44. The Tie Dedender was on for$45...great price compared to CAN $$.

Also, TRU has BUY 1, get 1 1/2 off on all STAR WARS Lego right now..down here that is.

PS - 31 degrees poolside yesterday afternoon. Same today!!!! HA HA.
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2010
3553 posts
84 upvotes
MrDisco wrote:
Apr 26th, 2010 12:35 pm
speaking of which, what are the best lego sites/blogs to follow for news and rumours?
Eurobricks.com. Good for set reviews and a good, friendly forum.
RFD OT: Serious answers to stupid questions.
RFD Definition of 'troll': Someone whose opinion you don't like.
Apr 5, 2010
52 posts
5 upvotes
Canada
FrogPrince wrote:
Apr 26th, 2010 9:39 am
Any news on the minifig collection? Anyone seen them in stores yet?
There hasn't been much news on that other than Argos in UK will get them starting May 1st.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4658 posts
247 upvotes
Just wondering, but has anyone in the GTA or in the West End of the GTA visited Lasting Toys? How is this place? I live a bit far but just been wanting to check this place out for the heck of it.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
1152 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
Canada_7 wrote:
Apr 27th, 2010 3:15 pm
Just wondering, but has anyone in the GTA or in the West End of the GTA visited Lasting Toys? How is this place? I live a bit far but just been wanting to check this place out for the heck of it.
I live in east end GTA, and on my way to London Ontario a few months ago I made a slight detour and dropped by Lasting Toys for the first time. It is a unit in an industrial plaza, but quite fully packed with shelves of legos (more than you'd expect for their not-very-big store size). They have large and/or discontinued legos that you won't find elsewhere, e.g. (my focus/knowledge is Star Wars legos) Republic Cruiser, Imperial Star Destroyer, motorized walking AT-AT, Tantive IV. They also have keychains, watches, pens, etc. Of course they have other lego themes too (just that I am less familiar with them). They even have some Lego Architecture that I think are not sold in Canada.

I personally won't make a special trip from Markham to Mississauga just to browse, but it was a happy "wow I can't believe they have so much hard-to-find legos" experience. If you're looking for a specific lego item that they carry but other stores don't, and/or you happen to be near the area for other reasons, it's definitely worthwhile to stop by.

P.S. You can get an idea of what they carry from their bricklink store http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=LastingToysInc, then call them up to confirm availability and price before you visit. Their store price may be a bit cheaper than the website price.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
2983 posts
582 upvotes
ssiu wrote:
Apr 29th, 2010 5:22 pm
I live in east end GTA, and on my way to London Ontario a few months ago I made a slight detour and dropped by Lasting Toys for the first time. It is a unit in an industrial plaza, but quite fully packed with shelves of legos (more than you'd expect for their not-very-big store size). They have large and/or discontinued legos that you won't find elsewhere, e.g. (my focus/knowledge is Star Wars legos) Republic Cruiser, Imperial Star Destroyer, motorized walking AT-AT, Tantive IV. They also have keychains, watches, pens, etc. Of course they have other lego themes too (just that I am less familiar with them). They even have some Lego Architecture that I think are not sold in Canada.

I personally won't make a special trip from Markham to Mississauga just to browse, but it was a happy "wow I can't believe they have so much hard-to-find legos" experience. If you're looking for a specific lego item that they carry but other stores don't, and/or you happen to be near the area for other reasons, it's definitely worthwhile to stop by.

P.S. You can get an idea of what they carry from their bricklink store http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=LastingToysInc, then call them up to confirm availability and price before you visit. Their store price may be a bit cheaper than the website price.
Which ISD is it?
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

codtongues, abkdt41