• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2019 9:46 pm
Mar 10, 2007
102 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
rfd_112233 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2010 9:37 pm
Just in case some people missed the pricing error for Cad Bane's speeder (it's now priced at $65).

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.as ... =520&d=322

You can pick it up at Zellers for $39.99.
This seems to be the year of pricing stupid mistakes by LEGO. They published that price to Zellers I assume, but never fixed it, even though they fixed shop@home price themselves. Same thing has happened with a few DUPLO sets on shop@home, the prices are reversed. I think the pet shop set, has it's price swapped with another. Very obvious since the item count was higher, price was lower, but when you look at Canadian prices, they are in the right ratio. Sounds like some gremlins in the pricing computers!!
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4658 posts
247 upvotes
I'm a little surprised bluedragonz hasn't posted this yet since he usually does, posting both here and on the Toys N' Bricks site. Here's this week's TRU sale:

25% off all Toy Story & Toy Story 3
20% off all Space Police, Creator & Indiana Jones
20% off all Hero Factory plus free Powerband with purchase
20% off all basic buckets and box sets

Free Minifig with LEGO purchase over $35

Credit goes to Hodgeman from the Toys N' Bricks site who originally posted it there.

This upcoming sale is good for those of you that want to get just one item from the themes listed (particularly Creator, with the modular houses and the winter sets) instead of having to buy multiple sets just to get a discount. Based on my previous experiences with the ToysRUs website, the discounts seem to kick in at around 6am EST usually.
Aug 4, 2005
789 posts
8 upvotes
Stouffville
Barnes and Noble have $5 off toys and 15% off any one item this weekend using promo code B3Y3A7L. The 15% is applied first, and is then combined with the $5 off any Lego set to get some pretty good prices. Most sets are priced at the the US MSRP which is already 30% less than the Canadian price. So compared to shopping in Canada, there are some good deals to be had.

Shipping to Canada is reasonable - I paid less than $7.

For example
2824 Advent Calendar was $21.73 USD - even with tax and shipping total just $29.30 USD would have been $45.19 ($39.99 + tax) in Canada.
5891 Creator Apple Tree House $33.21 USD - $59.99 in Canada
3181 Passenger Plane $28.96 - $54.99 in Canada
many many more
The prices on their website do not include either discount (15% or $5) you have to add to cart and proceed through the checkout.

I ordered Lego from B&N before - there were no additional taxes or brokerage fees shipping to Canada. It's a good store to use to take advantage of Lego's big difference in US vs CDN pricing, now that the dollar is almost at par.
Aug 8, 2006
81 posts
15 upvotes
ratface wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2010 12:31 pm
Barnes and Noble have $5 off toys and 15% off any one item this weekend using promo code B3Y3A7L. The 15% is applied first, and is then combined with the $5 off any Lego set to get some pretty good prices. Most sets are priced at the the US MSRP which is already 30% less than the Canadian price. So compared to shopping in Canada, there are some good deals to be had.

For example
2824 Advent Calendar was $21.73 USD - even with tax and shipping total just $29.30 USD would have been $45.19 ($39.99 + tax) in Canada.
many many more
The prices on their website do not include either discount (15% or $5) you have to add to cart and proceed through the checkout.

I ordered Lego from B&N before - there were no additional taxes or brokerage fees shipping to Canada. It's a good store to use to take advantage of Lego's big difference in US vs CDN pricing, now that the dollar is almost at par.

Most of the lego at B&N now excludes the use of coupons. I think the Advent Calendar still allows coupons, but most sets do not. One funny thing to note about the Advent Calendar is that it used to be priced at about $26 USD, but now that they've gone with their $5 promo, they bumped up the Advent Calendar by $5, so that the promo is essentially net zero. LOL... but at least you can use the 15% coupon for the Advent Calendar.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
2983 posts
583 upvotes
rfd_112233 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2010 1:15 pm
Most of the lego at B&N now excludes the use of coupons. I think the Advent Calendar still allows coupons, but most sets do not. One funny thing to note about the Advent Calendar is that it used to be priced at about $26 USD, but now that they've gone with their $5 promo, they bumped up the Advent Calendar by $5, so that the promo is essentially net zero. LOL... but at least you can use the 15% coupon for the Advent Calendar.

That's right...I just tested it with a Technics set and no go...

For anyone interested, I saw the Advent Calander at my local Walmart on Tuesday, was $38.99
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1007 posts
169 upvotes
I was waiting to pick up the calendars. The kids will be happy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
2983 posts
583 upvotes
canadiantj wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2010 2:08 pm
I was waiting to pick up the calendars. The kids will be happy.

If you don't find any down there, let me know and I can grab some for you...
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
Aug 4, 2005
789 posts
8 upvotes
Stouffville
rfd_112233 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2010 1:15 pm

I think you were looking at the 2009 Advent Calendar - they were clearing them out last week on sale. Sold out now and removed from the website, only the 2010 is available.
Dec 16, 2004
709 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
ratface wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2010 12:31 pm

For example
many many more

Thank you so much for this! I didn't know B&N shipped to Canada! I just ordered the Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle 4842 for $105 with taxes and shipping! The MSRP in Canada is $174.99!!!! I chose Standard shipping which says it will be sent by US Postal Service so there shouldn't be any brokerage fees.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2005
1488 posts
stony wrote:
Oct 18th, 2010 11:12 am
We went to one of these for the first time this past Saturday; definitely for kids. Didn't see any adults try to score one which was nice. For my kids (3 and 5), it was the highlight of their day - free lego and a cool pumpkin to boot. Will keep an eye out for this next time it is offered.

I'd recommend arriving right on time though as it was pretty hectic and the 100 builds offered would not last long.

I checked it out at the one near me, i got there in time to see the after effects of having a kid puke (yea!) near the table. It was fun watching the kids build it but the smell got to me so i walked away
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2063 posts
1033 upvotes
Ontario
Canada_7 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2010 10:52 pm
Here's this week's TRU sale:

25% off all Toy Story & Toy Story 3
20% off all Space Police, Creator & Indiana Jones
20% off all Hero Factory plus free Powerband with purchase
20% off all basic buckets and box sets

Free Minifig with LEGO purchase over $35

Credit goes to Hodgeman from the Toys N' Bricks site who originally posted it there.

This upcoming sale is good for those of you that want to get just one item from the themes listed (particularly Creator, with the modular houses and the winter sets) instead of having to buy multiple sets just to get a discount. Based on my previous experiences with the ToysRUs website, the discounts seem to kick in at around 6am EST usually.
I managed to take advantage of this sale. TRU were giving out $10 off $40 cash cards to the 1st 200 customers on the weekend. But they still had a large stack when I went yesterday at 2pm. I don't think people knew about this promo.
Oct 5, 2003
305 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver BC
Where to buy the Mindstroms with better price? Thanks :)
Mar 10, 2007
102 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
Best bet is someone in USA buying it for you in a non-taxed state, then shipping it up. I know at our store we don't discount them anymore, because LEGO has a hard time even keeping us supplied with them, so why sell off the small amount for less than the normal margin?
Aug 9, 2006
183 posts
8 upvotes
hao3388 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2010 10:16 pm
Where to buy the Mindstroms with better price? Thanks :)

I can help anyone picking up Legos from US. I will charge for a small fee but it will still be a good saving compared to buying in Canada. Items must be prepaid and I will order from Lego.com and items will be shipped to my US address. I will bring them back into Canada fully declared to Canadian Customs. Please email "r[dot]mak[at]rogers[dot]com" for details of the arrangement.

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 3 guests)

golden, TheMikron, Brickguy, kevkwan