Sports & Recreation

**Official Boxing Thread** - GGG vs Canelo Sat Sept.16 (8PM ET - HBO PPV)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 5:41 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19135 posts
1397 upvotes
next Saturday will host a true boxing delight - GGG vs Canelo!!! For middleweight supremacy!! This should be a great rock 'em, sock 'em match with both fighters who like to come forward, pressure and can land some heavy bombs!!

Rooting for GGG but have to give Canelo a legit shot at dethroning GGG as Canelo has looked really really sharp in his last couple of matches (well, against Chavez Jr that was like a sparring match...lol)....and Canelo has youth on his side. GGG had a really tough match against Jacobs....

Predictions?

Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1129 posts
254 upvotes
^ Ahem, it's like still one day short of 2 weeks from today. A bit anxious are we? LOL I have similar thoughts about this big fight. I'm really rooting for GGG, but think Canelo may also win and really won't mind if he does. He really wants to prove that he hasn't been ducking Triple G for 2 years. Plus, from what I've read GGG and Canelo sparred in 2011 and apparently the former actually got the best of Canelo during those 2 sparring sessions in Big Bear, California. Canelo has put on muscle and weight and wants to prove he's a 27 year old man now and not the same 21 year old kid that GGG messed with 6 years ago.
Jan 29, 2017
360 posts
141 upvotes

Golden Boy was getting a bit jealous there, with good reason. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Looking forward to Sept 16! Also Joshua will be back defending his belts vs Pulev in October.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19135 posts
1397 upvotes
Not sure if anyone caught last night Rungvisai vs Roman Gonzalez 2....

The rematch Jr Bantamweight title fight between Sor Rungvisai and Chocolatito!

What a spectacular KO by Sor Rungvisai....Chocolatito didn't look like the same fighter as in the first fight....he seemed more tentative and also too focused on possible butts..

Chocolatito looked his age in the ring....possibly been in too many grueling fights...

Sor Rungvisai looked good! Should be some good title fights with that man!!
Aug 29, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
I've trained as a boxer and fought and even I have been a bit "meh" for non Joshua fights. And the McGreggor/Money fight was just a show.

Now Canello vs GG is A REAL FIGHT.

I encourage any fight fans here to go see it. These are two really good fighters, with hearts of steel, and it will be a war.

These are what real fight fans should support.
Aug 29, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 12:34 pm
Bump for tomorrow - tomorrow is FIGHT NIGHT!!

So awesome...this should be a good scrap, for however long it lasts!!
Very happy to meet a real fight fan.

Who did you bet on (oops, I'm a gambler)...I mean, who do you think will win?

Can't wait for this!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19135 posts
1397 upvotes
10ksox wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 10:29 pm
Very happy to meet a real fight fan.

Who did you bet on (oops, I'm a gambler)...I mean, who do you think will win?

Can't wait for this!
yes, so good to have a fellow Fight fan! It feels a little lonely in this thread sometimes (though there are others that chime in as well).

It's hard to say but I give the nod to GGG - Canelo has youth on his side but I give the edge to GGG in terms of power and caliber of opposition he has faced. Jacobs is no slouch and apparently Jacobs rehydrated up to another weight class after the weigh-in (which he apparently gamed?)...

But this will be a great great fight - no doubt. There will be fireworks and I think the fight will have ebbs and flows. Should be really exciting!

Can't wait, fight night is here!!! Thinking this will be a good fight and there will be a rematch at least!
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1129 posts
254 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
Sep 16th, 2017 2:11 pm

Can't wait, fight night is here!!! Thinking this will be a good fight and there will be a rematch at least!
If there is a rematch, my conclusion is that GGG wins the fight. Canelo has the rematch clause in the contract, but GGG just wanted the fight so badly that he didn't care for the clause by being so nitpicky.

I'm rooting for GGG, but really worried he'll lose tonight.

Last month for Mayweather vs. McGregor we ordered the PPV at my buddies place. Tonight, I'm either gonna be at the Real Sports Bar or House of Lancaster strip club to watch this fight live. It's such a friggin' BIG FIGHT you have to watch this one live!
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14726 posts
3786 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Shit I can’t believe I almost forgot about this fight tonight!
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14726 posts
3786 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Hell of a fight!

Garbage ****ing result

118-110 Canelo the female judge had it. Wtf was she smoking?

GGG got robbed
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3264 posts
1927 upvotes
North Vancouver
Thought GGG won, but I can see the draw. Not sure where Adalaide Byrd got 118-110 from....