Sports & Recreation

**Official Boxing Thread** - Joshua vs Ngannou (Fri Mar 8 - 10:20AM ET DAZN)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2024 7:40 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: Good fight this Sat!! Wilder vs Fury 2!

Any predictions? I give the nod to Fury by UD......but he needs to be moving and sticking the jab for a full 12rds!
First fight was great with an epic 12th round. Since this fight is again in US I will go with Wilder by UD. Hopefully we will get a trilogy with the 3rd in London.

Mar 8, 2017
250 posts
147 upvotes
Anyone know of any good bars in the Bloor West area that show PPV boxing events?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6228 posts
4829 upvotes
Congrats to Tyson Fury for winning the championship fight against Wilder. Well done! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5770 posts
7830 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Mr_Fanta wrote: Congrats to Tyson Fury for winning the championship fight against Wilder. Well done! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
I haven't seen blood come out of the Earin a while. Damnnmmmmm
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24666 posts
8737 upvotes
Toronto
Wowzers, masterful performance by Fury!

He was aggressive, wonderful footwork and the added bulk really helped with his punches.

Bring on AJ!!

Wilder, wonder if he asks for a rematch right away or takes a few tuneup fights, works on a few things and then comes back to take on Fury?
Nov 2, 2018
152 posts
173 upvotes
Vancouver
I think the rematch is inevitable but the money fight now is Fury/AJ in the UK in a massive stadium show. Maybe Wilder takes on Ruiz in the meantime?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
ji2o0k wrote: Wowzers, masterful performance by Fury!

He was aggressive, wonderful footwork and the added bulk really helped with his punches.

Bring on AJ!!

Wilder, wonder if he asks for a rematch right away or takes a few tuneup fights, works on a few things and then comes back to take on Fury?
Rematch was a clause in the contract.
I believe Fury's interests in wrestling and mma help to improve his overall skillset.
Fury was 42lbs heavier than Wilder, but moved so much better.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
Wilder elects for rematch, blames weak legs on heavy 45 lb ring entrance costume. Should have opted to be carried in like the Gypsy King.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/287 ... by-costume

Blames ref, blames coach....everything but himself I guess?

Looking forward to the rematch this Summer hopefully in London. Hats off to Fury for a brilliant performance. Looked as dynamic as always despite weight gain really impressive for a 6'9 guy.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
peli33 wrote: Wilder elects for rematch, blames weak legs on heavy 45 lb ring entrance costume. Should have opted to be carried in like the Gypsy King.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/287 ... by-costume

Blames ref, blames coach....everything but himself I guess?

Looking forward to the rematch this Summer hopefully in London. Hats off to Fury for a brilliant performance. Looked as dynamic as always despite weight gain really impressive for a 6'9 guy.
No class...
I hope Fury KOs him.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24666 posts
8737 upvotes
Toronto
Experts weigh-in on whether costume would have affected Wilder physically as he says - pretty divided:

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/ ... erformance

I believe that it would have probably thrown him off mentally (whether real or imagined physically) and while he says "no excuses", that is his excuse.

Looking forward to the third match! I predict it goes the same way it went the 2nd match - Fury one-two combinations!!
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
Wilder vs Fury III reported to take place on July 18 again in Vegas.

https://www.si.com/boxing/2020/03/01/de ... tyson-fury

Despite breaking all time heavyweight gates record with $16.8M for Wilder vs Fury II promoters overall lost money. Apparently promoters expected 2M PPVs with around 1.1M PPVs required to break even but only got 800K....blame them pirates! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6228 posts
4829 upvotes
^ Sucks I really want to see Fury beat up Joshua ASAP on their home turf at Wembley Stadium! LOL
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24666 posts
8737 upvotes
Toronto
great fight tomorrow - Loma vs Lopez!!!

Loma can box & move - so fluid......Lopez has good power, moves well, younger & has under-rated boxing IQ & counter moves!!!

Young upcoming cub vs prime tiger!!! Who wins??!!??

I give the nod to Loma - probably by UD esp if Lopez gets dragged into deep waters. Lopez will hit Loma but might not be enough!!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6228 posts
4829 upvotes
^ Not sure I agreed with the decision. With that said, I was rooting for Lopez because I saw him wear a Bruce Lee T-shirt during an interview. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24666 posts
8737 upvotes
Toronto
Wow, what a very good fight....

Lopez dominated the early rounds & Loma won the later rounds.

Definitely really wide scorecards, seemed much closer imo.

Lopez is legit, wonder if there will be a rematch. What harmed Loma was his slow start - Lopez got into a nice rhythm early on.

Loma is better at the lower weights....Lopez prolly goes up in weight.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
Bump for:

this upcoming weekend.

Bookmakers favor Tyson 2 to 1.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6228 posts
4829 upvotes
^ Can't wait to see this fight live. Really hope I find a free streaming link that works tonight. LOL

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)