Sports & Recreation

**Official Boxing Thread**- GGG vs Jacobs Sat Mar.18 (9pm ET - HBO PPV)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 11:01 am
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1998 posts
407 upvotes
We are almost there. Can Pascal still box like he did against Dawson? How much local fans (Judges?) will be a factor? Has been a while since he faced true opposition - BHop almost 4 years ago (sorry Bute - you were not much of a challenge). Kovalev on the other hand is on a roll after a flawless performance against Hopkins. Krusher by unanimous or split decision.

Looking forward to this one!
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1998 posts
407 upvotes
Good call on that late round KO result. Would have liked this great fight going on but the ref made the right call. Pascal showed once again his heart but ultimately was was outclassed and looked hopeless. Rematch in 2-3 years maybe?

Stevenson vs Kovalev would be epic for sure.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18639 posts
1249 upvotes
Pascal put forth a valiant effort but he was ultimately out-powered and out-boxed by Da Krusher.....

Gotta give Pascal credit - he didn't go into survival mode and didn't stop swinging for the fences - which made for an entertaining bout...

In the end, the stoppage was the right one - Pascal looked out on his feet from those right hands...

Rematch down the road would be nice but definitely want to see Stevenson vs. Kovalev - in Montreal would be huge!
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
10379 posts
734 upvotes
So Mayweather vs Pacman is going to be $99.99 in the US

Can't wait to see what it costs in Canada
He who tries will be wasted
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1998 posts
407 upvotes
Two locally managed boys in action this weekend - Stevenson and Beterbiev. Ticket sales are disappointing but this will be a great exposition opportunity nevertheless as both will be broadcasted nationally on CBS in US. Program starts at 3:30pm!

Expecting KO wins for both.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18639 posts
1249 upvotes
man.....the fight of the decade is almost upon us!!!

MAYWEATHER VS PACQUIAO - it is really happening!!!

Predictions?

I bet it will be controversial in nature - paving the way for a rematch at least and possibly a trilogy?

Mayweather will win this one by majority decision and the world will clamor for a rematch....which they will do it up as it is too lucrative to pass up!
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2090 posts
181 upvotes
Edmonton
Why is Mayweather's picture so crystal clear and Pacquiao's is blurred? lol
Jul 23, 2008
240 posts
11 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Where do I go to place bets on this fight? I've never betted before
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6058 posts
148 upvotes
I really hope manny wins. He has to knock out floyd though.

I highly doubt manny can win if it has to come to a decision. Still, I think manny will come out with that FIRE.

If this ends up being a draw. I am done with boxing. I know its rigged as hell but damn man. You cant rig it like that.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1998 posts
407 upvotes
Is it too big with too much potential for future lucrative re-matches to not be scripted/rigged in some way? Would Money jeopardize his legacy by allowing PacMac to win a controversial decision at least once?

Will go with a safe bet of a decision win by Money.
Nov 20, 2010
943 posts
197 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
Apr 26th, 2015 8:50 pm
man.....the fight of the decade is almost upon us!!!

MAYWEATHER VS PACQUIAO - it is really happening!!!

Predictions?

I bet it will be controversial in nature - paving the way for a rematch at least and possibly a trilogy?

Mayweather will win this one by majority decision and the world will clamor for a rematch....which they will do it up as it is too lucrative to pass up!

I think your predictions are spot on. Although I'll still be rooting for the underdog Pacman.

Rematch in the Philippines for Christmas 2015 for Manny's people! :idea:

Have goosebumps after I just watched this 30 minutes HBO special. They interviewed fighters that fought both Floyd and Manny plus other boxing experts analyzing the upcoming fight.

Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6058 posts
148 upvotes
markom wrote:
Apr 27th, 2015 7:15 pm
Is it too big with too much potential for future lucrative re-matches to not be scripted/rigged in some way? Would Money jeopardize his legacy by allowing PacMac to win a controversial decision at least once?

Will go with a safe bet of a decision win by Money.
Well unless its a knockout by floyd there is no way the judges can rig it. Floyd is all about money too so im pretty sure if it comes down to it money > legacy.

I love manny but im pretty sure that fool is corrupt as hell. Im filipino and he is always hanging out with the most corrupt politicians in the philippines. Shoot, the guy with a glasses that is always in the ring with him is one of the most corrupt politician over there.

I wouldnt doubt for a second this guy will win/lose if the money is right.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel