Sports & Recreation

**Official Boxing Thread** - Tszyu vs. Fundora (Sat Mar 30 - 8PM ET Amazon Prime Video PPV)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 11:23 am
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
Ruiz vs Ortiz was actually a very fun & competitive bout!!

Ruiz’s hands are too fast, dropped King Kong a few times but don’t sneeze on da old man!! He landed some good shots!!

How about Ruiz vs AJ III?

That would be fun!!

But hoping Aj faces Fury at some point (most likely after Fury faces Usyk?)

How about Ruiz vs Wilder for now? I would watch that!!
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: Ruiz vs Ortiz was actually a very fun & competitive bout!!

Ruiz’s hands are too fast, dropped King Kong a few times but don’t sneeze on da old man!! He landed some good shots!!

How about Ruiz vs AJ III?

That would be fun!!

But hoping Aj faces Fury at some point (most likely after Fury faces Usyk?)

How about Ruiz vs Wilder for now? I would watch that!!
Usyk may have to wait now as Fury is challenging AJ in "Battle of Britain". Unfortunate for Usyk but certainly a better money maker for Fury with lower risk.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... t-december

Ruiz will face winner of Wilder vs Helenius. Pretty good chance we will see Ruiz vs Wilder early next year.

https://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-positio ... or--168878
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3067 upvotes
Winnipeg
I wanted Usyk-Fury. That's the better fight.

AJ-Fury will be exciting for the build up but I would expect Fury to drop AJ.
This isn't a blog.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
AJ has accepted the dealio, late Nov or early Dec do we get to see these 2 giants??

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/ ... r-promoter

Yup, Fury will outbox and drop AJ……will be fun while it lasts!!

And Jake Paul boxing Silva! Whhaaaaaa????

Rooting for Spider all da wayyyyyy
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
a massive fight this weekend across the pond at O2 arena - for the undisputed middleweight championship of the world!!!

And these two have great rivalry - Marshall being the only one to hand Shields her lone defeat!!

Not sure - thinking this is a toss 'em up fight - Marshall has power but needs to land, Shields is fundamentally sound on all fronts and has a motor that doesn't quit.....

I give the nod to Marshall if she can land her shots but if Shields is on point and lands punches and moves the entire fight - Shields wins!

Also Mikaela Mayer fights Alycia Baumgardner in a jr lightweight unification title fight - another good fight!!

Forgot to add, don't sleep on Baumgardner - she has power!!!

Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3067 upvotes
Winnipeg
ji2o0k wrote: Image
New Date October 15th after the Queen's passing.
This isn't a blog.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
woot! Good fight this Sat Sept 17 - Alvarez vs GGG III - to settle the score!!!

While Canelo is coming off a loss to Bivol in his last fight, he has looked really strong regardless while GGG has looked like an old GGG in his last couple of fights.

I give the nod to Canelo, possibly by late rd stoppage as GGG has looked gas as he gets into the later rounds....

And we have a confirmed date for Fury vs AJ - DEC 3!!! Woot, circle that date on your calendars!

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/ ... ight-dec-3
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6230 posts
4829 upvotes
^ I actually think Canelo is going to knockout GGG on Saturday as he promised for saying crap about him since they last fought. LOL
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
While Canelo is coming off a loss to Bivol in his last fight, he has looked really strong regardless while GGG has looked like an old GGG in his last couple of fights.

I give the nod to Canelo, possibly by late rd stoppage as GGG has looked gas as he gets into the later rounds....

And we have a confirmed date for Fury vs AJ - DEC 3!!! Woot, circle that date on your calendars!

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/ ... ight-dec-3
Ah forgot Canelo vs GGG is this upcoming week, thanks for the bump. 40 years old GGG - how much gas is left in the tank?

AJ vs Fury bring it on! Cardiff Principality Stadium will be rocking with 78 000 crazy brits.

Could pack +94 000 at Wembley but does not have a retractable roof.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
very nice - finally, at least on paper we will get to see Errol Spence Jr vs Terence Crawford!!!
Sources: Errol Spence Jr., Terence Crawford agree to terms for potential Nov. 19 megafight

Errol Spence Jr. and Terence Crawford have agreed to all material terms for a fight for the undisputed welterweight championship, an event targeted for Nov. 19 in Las Vegas, multiple sources tell ESPN.
https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/ ... itle-fight

If this actually happens, the last half of this year has been stellar in terms of boxing bouts - awesome!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2014
1362 posts
1791 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Had Golovkin showed up before the 9th round, he could have actually pulled it off. 116-112 is a good score as I gave 1-9-10-11 to him. Almost gave him 12 but he just didn't do enough to earn it. What's crazy is one all the scorecards, round 9-10-11 were given by some judges to Canelo when they were clear GGG rounds IMO.

DAZN kept shitting on GGG being old, shot, etc yet what does that tell you about Canelo? They make it seem like Canelo is one of the greatest yet GGG is completely past it. Which is it? You can't have it both ways. If you shit on GGG, your are hurting Canelo's win...

Most of the fight GGG didn't have a jab (seeing rumors of an injury on his right ribs prior to the fight), yet Canelo was never able to capitalize on it, he was content throwing combinations 3-4 times a round instead of going for the knockout like he said he would.

It's a shame it took this long for GGG to wake up, it could have been a way better fight.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6230 posts
4829 upvotes
Can somebody send me a PM if they have a link to the fight? Was at the NEW ORDER/PET SHOP BOYS concert where they were co-headlining tonight in Toronto. Didn't get home on time for the fight and friggin' missed it. :(
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
theXshape wrote: Had Golovkin showed up before the 9th round, he could have actually pulled it off. 116-112 is a good score as I gave 1-9-10-11 to him. Almost gave him 12 but he just didn't do enough to earn it. What's crazy is one all the scorecards, round 9-10-11 were given by some judges to Canelo when they were clear GGG rounds IMO.

DAZN kept shitting on GGG being old, shot, etc yet what does that tell you about Canelo? They make it seem like Canelo is one of the greatest yet GGG is completely past it. Which is it? You can't have it both ways. If you shit on GGG, your are hurting Canelo's win...

Most of the fight GGG didn't have a jab (seeing rumors of an injury on his right ribs prior to the fight), yet Canelo was never able to capitalize on it, he was content throwing combinations 3-4 times a round instead of going for the knockout like he said he would.

It's a shame it took this long for GGG to wake up, it could have been a way better fight.
yup, GGG is known as a notoriously slow starter but that was just odd!

I think the going up in weight class & coming down affects fighters and Canelo is another example........he won but I was expecting Canelo to KO or stop an "old" GGG.....

GGG still has some gas in the tank and 2 belts in the 160lb division - maybe 1 more fight? Go out with a W?

Will Canelo do the rematch with Bivol? I'd like to see who Canelo fights next!
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2014
1362 posts
1791 upvotes
Westmount, QC
ji2o0k wrote: yup, GGG is known as a notoriously slow starter but that was just odd!

I think the going up in weight class & coming down affects fighters and Canelo is another example........he won but I was expecting Canelo to KO or stop an "old" GGG.....

GGG still has some gas in the tank and 2 belts in the 160lb division - maybe 1 more fight? Go out with a W?

Will Canelo do the rematch with Bivol? I'd like to see who Canelo fights next!
Personally, I hope GGG retires. He got his paycheque and should ride into the sunset, and it would be well deserved. You can always tarnish your legacy if you don't know when to stop.

I don't want to see the Bivol rematch, honestly it feels pointless to me. If by any chance he wins that fight, would he face Beterbiev? Nope. And he already said he's only fighting Bivol if he wins vs Ramirez, but he also hopes Ramirez wins that fight. And Canelo said multiple times he won't fight other Mexicans so that means no Zurdo and no Benavidez. I don't know who he could be facing next, 168 isn't exactly stacked.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
my bad, I missed a couple of good fights this weekend......

Shakur Stevenson vs Robson Conceicao - looks like Stevenson's body has outgrown the 130lb division so he is moving up to 135lbs (where some exciting fights can be made!)......

Dood has all the skills and youth, very exciting to watch and he dominated Conceicao.....

Also heavyweights Parker vs Joe Joyce - what a finish by Joyce!!!

Last edited by ji2o0k on Sep 25th, 2022 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
also circle Oct 15th on your calendar - a couple of great fights lined up!

Prediction - Haney routs Kambosos Jr again.....takes place on Oct 16 in Australia, Oct 15 our time

A nice "get your confidence back" Wilder fight - Wilder KOs Helenius
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
good fight tomorrow - Fundora isn't called the "The Towering Inferno" for nothing!!!

Crazy height at 6'5 and he likes to fight on the inside and can punch......his last bout vs Lubin was a fun one!

This will be fun for however long it lasts, Fundora by late rd KO!

Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
UD by Fundora last night, surprised he didn't KO Ocampo (tough hombre).....

Friendly reminder this coming Sat!!!
ji2o0k wrote: also circle Oct 15th on your calendar - a couple of great fights lined up!

Prediction - Haney routs Kambosos Jr again.....takes place on Oct 16 in Australia, Oct 15 our time

A nice "get your confidence back" Wilder fight - Wilder KOs Helenius
Plus Shields Marshall and Mayer vs Baumgardener - woot, lots of good boxing next weekend!!!

Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: A nice "get your confidence back" Wilder fight - Wilder KOs Helenius
Bump for Wilder vs Helenius. First bout for Wilder since losing twice to Fury. Indeed should be a nice rebound fight.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)