Sports & Recreation

**Official Boxing Thread**- Pacman vs Horn Sat July 1 (9PM ET - ESPN)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2017 5:59 pm
Oct 28, 2012
248 posts
38 upvotes
Ajax, ON
**Disclaimer, yes I did post this same reply in another thread lol And yes, I'm ready for the lashing that I will surely receive!**

PLEASE! Any ideas how to stream this legit in Canada. I don't have cable so I'm hoping to get this on Roku, or I can stream from the comp to the TV.
PPV gonna be $94.50!! Seems excessive, obviously, but the guys will chip in lol

Oh and I have a feeling Floyd will dance around as usual, be on his back step as usual and probably pull out the decision, as usual. lol But I'd love to see Pacman put this JA on the canvas. Not saying I dislike Mayweather at all, just that he needs just a smidgen of humility. The comment about the clarity of pictures on the promo poster are dead on lol. Manny looking SD vs Floyd looking UHD! lol

Anyhow, the original question: legit streaming ideas (Roku or otherwise... just no region/DNS switching suggestions please, I'm talking Canada). On my knees beggin' baby please
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1684 posts
160 upvotes
Any idea where is a good bar to watch the event in Richmond hill/Markham area?
Life is short make it long
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18959 posts
1340 upvotes
darkmagician wrote:
Apr 29th, 2015 1:57 pm
London Pub Co is definitely showing the Mayweather vs Pacman fight:

9724 Yonge St
Richmond Hill, ONT
905-508-2770

$5 cover charge which seems pretty fair. I don't know how the food is but if they serve beer on tap - then it is all good!
Dec 25, 2010
658 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not really a boxing fan, but this fight has intrigued me... Do you guys think the sportsbar will be full/booked for this fight? I am trying to get some friends together to watch it at a sportsbar or something, just not sure if they'll all be booked.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1684 posts
160 upvotes
I tried a few Bars/pubs from the site. All the big chains are either full, or First come first serve. However, door fee ranges from $15-$20 dollar. Some provide drink tickets along with the door fee, some dont. $20 just to get in is a bit much.

Ill look into London Pub Co, for $5 why not
Life is short make it long
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18959 posts
1340 upvotes
If you do hit up a bar, I would suggest go early.

Card doesn't start until 9pm, get there earlier to snag a good table.

Main event of Mayweather vs Pacman probably start close to 11pm or later would be my guess!
grumps312 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2015 4:30 pm
I'm not really a boxing fan, but this fight has intrigued me... Do you guys think the sportsbar will be full/booked for this fight? I am trying to get some friends together to watch it at a sportsbar or something, just not sure if they'll all be booked.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1045 posts
107 upvotes
darkmagician wrote:
Apr 29th, 2015 1:57 pm
Allstar is charging $10 cover. London Pub is showing, but not sure about cover.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1045 posts
107 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
Apr 29th, 2015 5:47 pm
If you do hit up a bar, I would suggest go early.

Card doesn't start until 9pm, get there earlier to snag a good table.

Main event of Mayweather vs Pacman probably start close to 11pm or later would be my guess!
Yeah most restaurants might have seats already reserved. If you want any chance of getting good seats, go early.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1045 posts
107 upvotes
darkmagician wrote:
Apr 29th, 2015 5:07 pm
I tried a few Bars/pubs from the site. All the big chains are either full, or First come first serve. However, door fee ranges from $15-$20 dollar. Some provide drink tickets along with the door fee, some dont. $20 just to get in is a bit much.

Ill look into London Pub Co, for $5 why not

Just an FYI. London Pub only have one big screen and limited seats to see it. The rest of the TVs are small. Just so you don't expect much.

Tuesdays they have $2 for a pound of beer. Only reason I've ever gone there was on Tuesdays.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18959 posts
1340 upvotes
This weekend we see a good fight - a barnburner for sure with most likely someone getting KO'd!!

**not like last week's tactical bout**

Canelo vs Kirkland!!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ak5a2Ro.jpg[/IMG]

Interestingly enough, Kirkland is a bit of an enigma.

He has the style and tools similar to Provodnikov to be a fan favorite (eat 2 shots to land a power punch) but has been terribly inactive the last couple of yrs.

On top of that, he isn't with his longtime trainer Ann Wolfe for arguably Kirkland's most important fight of his sporadic career.

I predict that we see the Kirkland Ishida version with a shaky chin, bad balance who will get KO'd by Canelo.

I hope not though, I want to see the Kirkland version that showed up against Angulo/Tapia!

Prediction: Canelo by mid-late KO!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18959 posts
1340 upvotes
Damn Alavrev and Kirkland was a smashfest....

Kirkland used his face and head as defence, no head movement at all.

Alvarez at least moved his head, slipped punches.

Great KO finish by Alvarez!!

Kirkland needs to go back to Ann Wolfe!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)