Sports & Recreation

**Official Boxing Thread**- Pacman vs Horn Sat July 1 (9PM ET - ESPN)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2017 5:59 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1058 posts
232 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
Nov 20th, 2015 10:00 am
Tomorrow night is fight night!!!
Where can I see this fight? I definitely want to watch this live. The bar that I watched UFC 193 last Saturday is not airing it.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1998 posts
409 upvotes
Kuddos to Pascal for facing The Krusher again. What next for Kovalev - Ward or Stevenson?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18959 posts
1340 upvotes
this Saturday is the return of GGG !! Going up against Dominic Wade (both undefeated!)

Prediction - GGG by KO!!!

Also on the card is Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez vs. Arroyo! Another good scrap....guessing Chocolatito by late round stoppage!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18959 posts
1340 upvotes
Anyone catch the Canelo vs. Khan scrap this weekend?

Dang, Khan got KTFO! He was doing ok with his speed and outboxing Canelo but looked like it was just a matter of time..

Khan has a really glass chin...otherwise, he would be pretty solid with good speed, footwork and combinations!

Next up for Canelo...GGG! Yeah right, not going to happen any time soon I predict
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1998 posts
409 upvotes
Bump for Kovalev vs Ward, two of the best pound4pound going at it this weekend. Can Ward evade punishing shots from Kovalev? Ward should have the decision but Kovalev can very well come out victorious.

Been waiting for this match-up for a long time. Hopefully both live up to expectations!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18959 posts
1340 upvotes
Shizz, I have been MIA - way too busy with work and everything else to post in this thread.....

But......daayyuuummm. BHop got KTFOuttada ring! What a crazy way to end his career - he probably should have picked a easier opponent instead of Joe Smith Jr....kid can bang, needs a bit more experience but keep your eye out for him - he can make noise in the light heavyweight division....

GGG vs Daniel Jacobs! Can't wait!!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18959 posts
1340 upvotes
Been MIA for a while.....just too busy with things....but....

2 great matches this weekend....

Haye vs Bellew - heavyweight match.....love him or hate him, Haye is one entertaining character and Bellew can trash talk with the best of them...these guys truly hate each other....

Can Haye smash Bellew and get him out quickly? Or can Bellew withstand the early onslaught, weather the storm and drag Haye into a drawn out battle where pretty sure Haye will run out of gas....going to give the nod to Haye....he is the heavier man and will try and smash Bellew out early...
Haye-vs-Bellew-950x440-318254f22a.jpg

Another good match is Garcia vs Thurman...welterweight unification match....Garcia has more power but Thurman has the faster hands and footwork....if Garcia catches Thurman with his left hook - lights out!

I'd give the nod to Thurman if he can make it a boxing match...stick and run....
C2euY2aUUAEklah.jpg
Jan 29, 2017
257 posts
84 upvotes
Mayweather claims to be officially out of retirement for a possible fight vs McGregor in June. A guy with no pro boxing background vs one of the greatest all time P4P fighters. Two big mouths will be all about the show outside the ring.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18959 posts
1340 upvotes
I didn't get a chance to post this but big fight yesterday with Canadian kid David Lemieux vs Curtis Stevens...2 of the hardest punchers in the middleweight division..

Knew the fight would be a bang-up and Lemieux scored a devastating knockout of Stevens....candidate for KO of the year right there..

Lots of good opponents for Lemieux...I'd like to see him vs Alvarez if Alvarez doesn't fight GGG..

Or Lemieux can face the winner of GGG vs Jacobs (fight is next week - another good one)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18959 posts
1340 upvotes
Next Saturday we see the return of GGG and he is taking on the #2 Middleweight Daniel Jacobs!

This should be a good fight - probably the best opponent either one has faced. Jacobs has looked excellent in his last few fights and he has a great backstory that folks will find inspirational.

GGG has looked good in his last few fights as well - though Kell Brook gave him some trouble in his last fight with his speed but ultimately Brook was too small for GGG.

I think this will go into the late rounds with GGG's power being the difference.....though it will be a hella good fight with plenty of close rounds. If Jacobs can box and move all night, that might frustrate GGG.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)