Sports & Recreation

**Official Boxing Thread** - Parker vs Fury Sat Sept.23 (3PM ET - INT Sports PPV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2017 1:28 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19272 posts
1432 upvotes
Good scraps on Sat night....

Chocolatito was in tough against the Thai box Sor....surprised he lost but it was a tough close fight....they should do an immediate rematch....

GGG was in a tough battle against Jacobs...Jacobs was the bigger fighter, tho he did get knocked down in the 4th.....GGG won, but it wasn't easy.

Up next for GGG, either Canelo or Billy Joe....most likely Billy Joe if Billy will fight....Canelo won't be ready with his pending fight against Chavez Jr...
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19272 posts
1432 upvotes
Good heavyweight fight tomorrow - Joshua vs Klitschko!!

Young up-and-coming vs. veteran cagey lion - who shall win??

Hard to predict, toss up for me but slight edge to Joshua if Klitschko looks as old and unable to pull the trigger like he did in his last fight against Fury...plus Klitschko has been inactive for a while....hard for older fighters to rebound from inactivity...
csm_fight_poster_small_02_83a51e395b.jpg
Jan 29, 2017
516 posts
510 upvotes
Should be a great fight. I also agree the age, style of Joshua and Klitschko's inactivity will be key factors. On the other hand Joshua has not faced anyone even close to Klitschko. Can experience overcome youth? Joshua is a favorite 2:1 to win this fight and I think he will send Wlad to retirement!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19272 posts
1432 upvotes
wow, great great fight.....plenty of action and ebbs and flows.....Klitschko almost came through!!

Congrats to AJ !!- though Klitschko showed the heart of a lion (both did actually!!) - I think an immediate rematch would be great!!

Or they can go both go and take different fights and come back to do it again.....in any case, the heavyweight division is exciting again with a new young face leading the charge!
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1193 posts
275 upvotes
^ Damn, anyone have a link so I can stream the replay? Totally forgot the time difference and the live fight is already over! :(
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19272 posts
1432 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Apr 29th, 2017 8:03 pm
^ Damn, anyone have a link so I can stream the replay? Totally forgot the time difference and the live fight is already over! :(
Not sure if you found one but here is one - check it quick before it is taken down!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comment ... klitschko/
Jan 29, 2017
516 posts
510 upvotes
Fight delivered even better than Ward vs Kovalev. Revenge in Germany would be great!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19272 posts
1432 upvotes
Canelo vs Chavez Jr this Sat!! Interesting fight but Chavez is lazy and doesn't train....I see Canelo hammering Chavez for many rounds and possibly making Chavez quit......

good undercard too with David Lemieux vs Reyes and the return of Lucas Matthysse (vs. Emmanuel Taylor)

[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19272 posts
1432 upvotes
just as expected - Canelo hammers Chavez Jr for 12 full rounds....lol, only saving grace is that Chavez Jr made weight and lasted the entire 12 rds (didn't quit).....

Apple has fallen far from the tree in this one - I expect Chavez Jr to be a stepping stone for up-and-comers who need a big name on their resume or fighters at cross-roads that need a big name to kickstart their path to the championship....if Chavez Jr fights again...

The real winner are the fans!!! With the GGG vs Canelo showdown a done deal to happen in September!! Can't wait!

Congrats to Lemieux on a hard fought victory against Reyes - Reyes was a very game opponent that wouldn't go away and the return of the Machine!

Lucas looked good in his return - welcome back!!
Jan 29, 2017
516 posts
510 upvotes
Bump for Kovalev vs Ward II this weekend. Let's hope for another epic battle. This time Kovalev knows he has to finish the fight before decision but I believe Ward is too good and knows better what to expect.

Ward by decision again.

Then there is McGregor vs Money...
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19272 posts
1432 upvotes
thx peli33!!

Ward vs Kovalev 2 - The Rematch!! I agree, Ward is too savvy and has great movement\footwork - hoping for a Kovalev KO but likely a Ward UD after 12 rds..

And yes, Mayweather vs. McGregor is on like Donkey Kong on Aug 26!! What a spectacle that will be but I believe the hype and trash talking will be better than the snoozefest of a fight - Floyd will run all night, potshotting McGregor and McGregor won't lay a finger on that Pretty Boy face....
Jan 29, 2017
516 posts
510 upvotes
Yeah for me the whole entertainment will come from the trash talk before and after. Will be an easy win for Money.

2017 can be one of the best years for boxing in a long time. Kovalev vs Ward, Klitschko vs Joshua, Canelo vs GGG and Money vs McGregor circus.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)