Sports & Recreation

**Official Boxing Thread** - Parker vs Fury Sat Sept.23 (3PM ET - INT Sports PPV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2017 1:28 am
Aug 16, 2017
83 posts
9 upvotes
the judge who scored it 118-110 must be investigated... the other 2 scores were understandable..

what was she smoking?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1186 posts
273 upvotes
Anyone have a link to the Canelo vs. GGG fight? It would be grealy appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I'd like to rewatch the fight and mute it so I don't hear the boxing analysts commentaries and make up my own mind on who actually won the fight. LOL
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19266 posts
1430 upvotes
some good fights this weekend!!

Today - heavyweights clash - Joseph Parker vs Hughie Fury (cousin of Tyson Fury) and this is for Parker's WBO belt! Showing on Youtube for a fee and I believe Integrated Sports PPV? Not sure....

This is probably the best opponent each of them have faced and this is a good match - both are young, have power, Hughie is taller and has a longer reach but I give the power nod to Parker - should be a good one!!

Also later tonight at 10PM ET (HBO PPV) - Jorge Linares vs Luke Campbell! This is for Linares' WBA title - Linares has looked good in the last few fights, have to give the nod to Linares!

And Andre Ward's retirement - sayyy whattt ??!? Looks like his body couldn't hold up, no more desire (or a tactic to take some time off and secure a better promotional contract?). Retires at age 33, undefeated with a 32-0 record...

Enjoy retirement champ - you really had the ring smarts and skills to adjust mid-match and beat your opponent!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19266 posts
1430 upvotes
Bit of a snoozefest between Parker and Hughie fury.....Parker unable to land anything significant and Hughie with good footwork and awkward movement made it hard...

Parker didn't look so good and even though he got the split decision win....not sure how he would stack up against Wilder or Joshua

Linares also wins by close UD....close fight but I had Linares winning by a wider UD....

Look forward to Wilder vs Oritz!!
Jun 12, 2017
71 posts
58 upvotes
Montreal (QC)
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 5:41 pm
Anyone have a link to the Canelo vs. GGG fight? It would be grealy appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I'd like to rewatch the fight and mute it so I don't hear the boxing analysts commentaries and make up my own mind on who actually won the fight. LOL
You don't need to listen to the analysts but the fans were pretty clear on who won. They were all cheering for Canelo at the start of the fight and when the fight ended they were cheering for GGG. They booed the decisions. Everybody got robbed... including me.

Kind of think GGG could've pulled the trigger at least 3 times during the fight and finish Canelo but he was hesitant. Canelo didn't do bad but he wasn't great. Still love them both and I still hate De La Hoya and have a new found hate (hate is a strong word...more like a lost of respect) for Hopkins. F**king worms I want my $200 back.
Jan 29, 2017
493 posts
478 upvotes
Joshua is back Saturday a few months after his epic fight vs Klitschko. Taking on Takam after initial opponent Pulev had to withdraw recently due to a shoulder injury.

Don't know much about Takam but not expecting major opposition.
Jan 29, 2017
493 posts
478 upvotes
Another HW title on the line this evening as Haiti born-Montreal raised-Fighting out of Vegas Stiverne is getting a rematch vs Wilder. Last time Wilder pounded poor Stiverne for 12 rounds and a trip to hospital. Expecting Wilder KO somewhere mid-fight.

A fight already not very high on radar will get even more overshadowed by GSP return at UFC 217 .
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19266 posts
1430 upvotes
peli33 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 2:20 pm
Another HW title on the line this evening as Haiti born-Montreal raised-Fighting out of Vegas Stiverne is getting a rematch vs Wilder. Last time Wilder pounded poor Stiverne for 12 rounds and a trip to hospital. Expecting Wilder KO somewhere mid-fight.

A fight already not very high on radar will get even more overshadowed by GSP return at UFC 217 .
crap - I've been so busy at work that I haven't been able to post on RFD too much and didn't get a chance to update the thread title so thx peli33!!

But wowzers, I thought the Wilder vs Stiverne fight would be competitive but this was utter dominance.....Stiverne got rocked with that first knock down and never fully recovered....bring on Wilder vs Joshua!!!