• Dec 11th, 2018 11:05 pm
Tags:
Feb 25, 2003
201 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver
smehmood wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 5:32 pm
How are these bike lights at 40% off price? Anyone has any experience or recommend any other light? Thanks
https://www.sportchek.ca/product/332268 ... =332268578

https://www.sportchek.ca/product/330967 ... =330967856
I also recommend Bontrager, specifically the Flare R rear light. Doubles as a day-time running light. On sale on the Trek website for $52.99 right now, so you might be able to price match at your local Trek dealer.
https://www.trekbikes.com/ca/en_CA/equi ... t/p/13202/
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6407 posts
981 upvotes
T dot 6
If you lock up your bike in a big city, I've had countless lights stolen off my bike when I forget to remove it. So now I just buy dollar store lights and attached them to my helmet.

Maybe its just a downtown Toronto thing, but I've had peddles, a seat, many lights, bungee cords stolen off my bike. Its to the point, I'm like not surprised or mad as I expect it to happen.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
14577 posts
5802 upvotes
Guys I could really use some help and advice. I just took my brand new GT Vantara bike for its first ride and unfortunately my pants got caught on the front derailleur and bent it out of shape. The front derailleur wound up hooked over top of the chainrings. I managed to get it off of there, but the top gear on the front deraileur would not work and the bike would not even go with it set on the top gear. Someone came over to help me and said I should shift it down a gear. The second and first gear still worked. I had an allen key on me so I was able to try to adjust it a bit to get it working again but I couldn't get it to go.

Is this something I can attempt to fix on my own? Are components now damaged? Or should I just take the bike in to Sportchek for a tune up? Getting in to Sportchek is a huge PITA for me. The store is far away and the bike won't fit in my car.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Images
  • IMG_1095.jpg
  • IMG_1094.jpg
  • IMG_1093.jpg
I am a Public Mobile customer.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8334 posts
1491 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Are both side of the cage parallel? It may just be twisted.
It will take quite a bit of force to bend that steel cage.

Loosen the bolt of the clamp on the frame and twist the derailleur and make sure its parallel to the frame/chainring. The bottom of the cage should also be within 3-5mm from the teeth of your largest chainring, check out Park tools videos on how to tune a front derailleur, very thorough.
Jun 18, 2018
21 posts
10 upvotes
Jaytee wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 5:14 pm
If you lock up your bike in a big city, I've had countless lights stolen off my bike when I forget to remove it. So now I just buy dollar store lights and attached them to my helmet.

Maybe its just a downtown Toronto thing, but I've had peddles, a seat, many lights, bungee cords stolen off my bike. Its to the point, I'm like not surprised or mad as I expect it to happen.
Aliexpress is your best friend. Lights for under a dollar, get a few shipped, for free. Does take weeks to get here but but $10 can get you a lot of parts.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2590 posts
450 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone looking for bike lock let me know. I am selling my Kryptonite Kryptolok Series 2 U-Lock with 4-Foot Flex Cable.
$50
Sep 20, 2003
343 posts
80 upvotes
Burnaby
I'm looking for loose fitting (normal pants looking) pants to ride around in. Like something that's breathable so I can do a workout in but still look normal if I have to do something off bike before/afterwards. Would appreciate suggestions. thx.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39390 posts
3595 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
mc hammer wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 10:43 pm
wow that's perfect. had no idea old navy made these kind of pants. price is right too. thanks!
You should see the ones lululemon makes.
If you're interested in that style... GOLF WEAR. The pants are very flexible. some even dry fit.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8334 posts
1491 upvotes
Montreal, QC
mc hammer wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 10:43 pm
wow that's perfect. had no idea old navy made these kind of pants. price is right too. thanks!
They often have 30-40% off too, can be had for like $30
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6407 posts
981 upvotes
T dot 6
zephillou wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 4:47 pm
Aliexpress is your best friend. Lights for under a dollar, get a few shipped, for free. Does take weeks to get here but but $10 can get you a lot of parts.
Oh Im totally with you. I've bought lights, bike seat covers, presta schrader adapters, chain whips, etc, off Ebay sellers in China (which is basically Aliexpress) and you save so much money. Feel dumb buying stuff at Mec before. You just have to wait a while like you said but the savings are worth it.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8334 posts
1491 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Some stuffs is still worth buying at MEC, better quality or sold for a low profit.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39390 posts
3595 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Daijoubu wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 4:17 pm
Some stuffs is still worth buying at MEC, better quality or sold for a low profit.
True true. Like bags.
Funny story... I got this rack bag from ebay. Cheap stuff...
I filled it up with a bit of groceries. It was too heavy and ripped! And guess what i bought on that run...
Grapes, tangerines, apples! It was my fruit run. Theyre all rolling away with cars running them over turning it into a fruit smoothie :(
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2590 posts
450 upvotes
Mississauga
UrbanPoet wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 6:59 pm
True true. Like bags.
Funny story... I got this rack bag from ebay. Cheap stuff...
I filled it up with a bit of groceries. It was too heavy and ripped! And guess what i bought on that run...
Grapes, tangerines, apples! It was my fruit run. Theyre all rolling away with cars running them over turning it into a fruit smoothie :(
Items you care to last a long time, proper brand names and proper stores.
Items you dont care about, whatever you find the cheapest. In this case. Ebay :)