Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39199 posts
3501 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
IMPORTANT DISCUSSION RE: THE FUTURE OF E-BIKES iN ONTARIO
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=793367

The pilot project is ending OCT 2009!
'Sash[DSL wrote:;9482893']you mean riding continously, not just to move to left lane to make a left turn? That would be pretty stupid of them, definitely an accident waiting to happen :confused:
Yes exactly... Because some of these e-bicycles look like gas motorized scooters/mopeds some people think it gives them some sort of magical vehicle powers that allow them ride them as such...
May 13, 2008
6 posts
Owen Sound - South o…
If anyone is interested in a Veloteq E-bike in the Owen Sound / Grey Bruce area give Bob Prowse or Ron Prowse a call @ 519-371-5362. Comes w/warranty & we service all makes and models of ebikes.
I ride a Veloteq Ebike and I love it! :D
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15888 posts
596 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
So anyone know where I can bring in my trashed e-bike that should have salvage title in for repairs as idk why it doesnt work and stuff?
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39199 posts
3501 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
AzN_RiverdaleCI wrote:
Nov 12th, 2009 6:24 pm
So anyone know where I can bring in my trashed e-bike that should have salvage title in for repairs as idk why it doesnt work and stuff?
Is it an E-bike? or one of those E-bikes that looks like a scooteR?
If its an E-bike.. I'd probably rip out the motor, battery, ignition etc... and use it as a regular bicycle!! or you could sell it off as such.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15888 posts
596 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
quikdraw wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 7:20 pm
So, you trashed it? or it just doesn't work anymore? We do repairs.....maybe it can be repaired?
nah, highschoolers were jealous and just gg-ed it. check thread
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/pics ... ed-522964/

and this thread too: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/pics ... ut-505140/

so... idk why it doesn't work.

If your local that'd be great! Else I don't wanna travel far to have it fixed, need it fixed for less than $100, also lost battery and charger.
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
May 13, 2008
6 posts
Owen Sound - South o…
We're located in Owen Sound (Georgian Bay/Grey Bruce area). Contact 519-371-5362 Golectric Owen Sound if you want more information. Most parts are easily ordered and able to be replaced. If you decide you would like to have it fixed, give us a call....
:D ♥ my Veloteq Ebike ♥ :D
Dec 29, 2005
312 posts
5 upvotes
AzN_RiverdaleCI wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 8:24 pm
nah, highschoolers were jealous and just gg-ed it. check thread
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/pics ... ed-522964/

and this thread too: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/pics ... ut-505140/

so... idk why it doesn't work.

If your local that'd be great! Else I don't wanna travel far to have it fixed, need it fixed for less than $100, also lost battery and charger.
Why would highschoolers be jealous about your crappy e-bike? Most high school kids already have their own cars nowadays. :lol:
Dec 2, 2003
149 posts
dougmania wrote:
Sep 15th, 2009 1:26 pm

I am not sure why bicycle conversions costs more than new bikes, even some electric bikes. O_O

I am sure that the quality of the motors/wheels for the conversion kits are of a higher standard than low cost e-bikes. Take a Bionx setup, you get a good quality wheel with hub motor, a throttle, a regenerator built in, various types and sizes of batteries and carrier/mount for batteries. BTW at the e-bike store in Ottawa I was quoted a low price to modify my bike. http://ridemore.ca has all sorts of products for e-bikes or even e-scooters. BTW someone in an earlier post mentioned that Bionx was from Quebec, and that they were purchased a year or two ago and now owned by Magna intl.

B
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
16089 posts
12772 upvotes
Toronto
This is my first winter with an electric bike. I'm using a Veloteq Commuter. I've noticed that really cold weather definitely has a detrimental effect on the sealed lead acid battery. In the summer I had no problem riding from midtown Toronto, down to King, then back up Mt Pleasant home all with the original charge.

Now I have to take my charger with me to work and 'top off' the battery to be sure i won't be stranded going home. This is especially important 'cause I took the pedals off long ago.

As for 'How does it handle through ice and snow? ' - like any other bike. i don't have studded tires on it so have to exercise some caution. i took it on the icy Beltline trail here some time ago. it was just me ripping along and having fun until the back end of the bike slid out from under. then i crashed. me and bike were fine but i was more careful after that and eased up on the throttle.
An earlier version of this article incorrectly described a behavior of crows exposed to crow corpses. Live crows only touch, attack and attempt intercourse with crow corpses, they do not scavenge them. (Actual NYT correction)
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2007
1079 posts
181 upvotes
since it's summer again, I thought this thread might need some life as this is the time of year people (like me) are usually looking to purchase e-bikes.

My question is, are there any tradeshows happening in the GTA where I can get some good info and price comparisons on these bikes?

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
7889 posts
423 upvotes
Toronto
+1.
kuzi wrote:
May 18th, 2010 1:12 pm
since it's summer again, i thought this thread might need some life as this is the time of year people (like me) are usually looking to purchase e-bikes.

My question is, are there any tradeshows happening in the gta where i can get some good info and price comparisons on these bikes?

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
7889 posts
423 upvotes
Toronto
Apparently Walmart has the new and improved Ecoped called the CityGo. Anyone buy this yet?

Also, anyone considering the old model City45 from last year found in a few Walmarts on clearance for $798 (display model) or so (Dark grey with orange trim), should check reviews as there are some horror stories with that model. The new CityGo appears to have been greatly improved, but......
Apr 27, 2005
92 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I thought I would give this thread a little bump. I have been considering an e-bike (the kind that look like a scooter)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
7889 posts
423 upvotes
Toronto
Get the Walmart one. Good value for the features and price. $998 plus taxes.
English Eyes wrote:
Jul 14th, 2010 11:28 pm
I thought I would give this thread a little bump. I have been considering an e-bike (the kind that look like a scooter)