Tags:
None
Jul 27, 2007
259 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Mike Skinner wrote:
Aug 11th, 2008 7:23 pm
Has anyone seen these really big and obnoxious "bike lockers"?

What is the point of those?
I know which ones your talking about..they have some of them at Nathan Phillips Square.
The point of them? To lock your entire bike and keep it safe...
Its basically a really big bike lock.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15861 posts
585 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
habsfan93 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2008 12:20 pm
I know which ones your talking about..they have some of them at Nathan Phillips Square.
The point of them? To lock your entire bike and keep it safe...
Its basically a really big bike lock.
+1, they can't take what they can't see. So if its a Trek Madone or a beater, they won't know, unless they're scouting the locker 24/7
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Aug 26, 2006
493 posts
1 upvote
Can anyone suggest a NON-BUSY simple way to get to King's College Circle (Spadina & College approximately) from the High Park area (Bloor St West & Keele) by bike?

I'd like to avoid as many cars as possible until I get really comfortable city biking in TO. I've looked a bit on Google Maps to find a simple way to get to Spadina & College but I didn't really see anything... if it has to be a little complicated, is there at least a non-traffic heavy way of getting there?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15861 posts
585 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
skuric wrote:
Aug 15th, 2008 10:40 pm
Can anyone suggest a NON-BUSY simple way to get to King's College Circle (Spadina & College approximately) from the High Park area (Bloor St West & Keele) by bike?

I'd like to avoid as many cars as possible until I get really comfortable city biking in TO. I've looked a bit on Google Maps to find a simple way to get to Spadina & College but I didn't really see anything... if it has to be a little complicated, is there at least a non-traffic heavy way of getting there?
I was gonna say bloor st, but theres tons of cars, but via bike you'll go zoom since all the cars on the curb lane are usually parked after x time.

Worst case, you go take Queen st W all the way to Spadina and go up Spadina as there is a small bike lane, although not marked officially.
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15861 posts
585 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
bump, mods plz merge this thread with mine as its related.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1134 posts
3 upvotes
shakira
Anyone biked east from Toronto's Pearson Airport all the way to St. Clair and Bathurst?

I'm looking into going on Eglinton --> east, its about a 15Km trip. I'm wondering if anyone has experience going this route: safety, traffic, best time of day, better routes, uphills/downhills, etc.

Thanks
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15861 posts
585 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
bumpp for the thread merge request.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15861 posts
585 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
bump for eskimono.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15861 posts
585 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
looks like shimano is to release an electronic dura ace group! how many of you are excited?

http://www.bicycling.com/article/0,6610 ... -1,00.html
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15861 posts
585 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
bumpp
Nov 22, 2007
424 posts
3 upvotes
Barrie
AzN_RiverdaleCI wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2008 9:43 pm
looks like shimano is to release an electronic dura ace group! how many of you are excited?

Meh, not big news. There has been electric shifting on bikes for about a decade now.....so meh.

Its so much more expensive then mechanical shifting....and until they get really creative with the possibilities of it, its not worth it.

My parents were in Blegium this summer for a bike tour they did(Belgium-spain and back in 2 weeks-2400km). They were telling me that in Belgium the government pays you per km to ride a bike to work. Sounds awesome.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1708 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
AzN_RiverdaleCI wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2008 9:43 pm

more excited that campy is coming out with 11 speed than shimano's electric shifting.

anyway, picked up this ebike recently.

http://www.tailg.com.cn/Photo_Show.asp?PhotoID=173
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14458 posts
942 upvotes
Markham
^*^BATMAN^*^ wrote:
Sep 9th, 2008 10:53 am
Meh, not big news. There has been electric shifting on bikes for about a decade now.....so meh.

Its so much more expensive then mechanical shifting....and until they get really creative with the possibilities of it, its not worth it.

My parents were in Blegium this summer for a bike tour they did(Belgium-spain and back in 2 weeks-2400km). They were telling me that in Belgium the government pays you per km to ride a bike to work. Sounds awesome.
but here in Toronto, the POlice will be on your arse and ticket you
ShadowVlican