Cell Phones

The Official Google Android Wear and smartwatch Thread ; New Moto 360 pics leaked

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2018 9:48 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13378 posts
8308 upvotes
Brampton
angel_wing0 wrote: You making me want to punch my watch :mad: :lol:
The animations are also so much smoother.... :razz:

Seriously the work on M to bring everything up to 60FPS is in this update.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13378 posts
8308 upvotes
Brampton
angel_wing0 wrote: Finally got mine during early March. Nothing much different tbh.
Really? I noticed a huge difference in the transition animations. I used to get jank on some of them.

The gesture based stuff was also way better.

Battery life is wayyyyy better I don't know if you noticed that. When I have my watch and phone doing nothing laying on the table you can really see Doze working.
Mar 23, 2004
47728 posts
13901 upvotes
Markham
tebore wrote: Really? I noticed a huge difference in the transition animations. I used to get jank on some of them.

The gesture based stuff was also way better.

Battery life is wayyyyy better I don't know if you noticed that. When I have my watch and phone doing nothing laying on the table you can really see Doze working.
Fair enough, battery is probably better that I didn't notice.

But i mean animation and loading wise...still not smooth enough imo.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13378 posts
8308 upvotes
Brampton
angel_wing0 wrote: Fair enough, battery is probably better that I didn't notice.

But i mean animation and loading wise...still not smooth enough imo.
Loading I can agree with. Nothing really better there. But the transitions are definitely smoother, its not mind blowing but it's noticeable.
Mar 23, 2004
47728 posts
13901 upvotes
Markham
Ordered the Zenwatch 3 Black though BB, debating if I want the silver one instead in 2 weeks, but with 10% off!! I am surprised that I am not able to find the Rose Gold colour anywhere, that's my preferred colour tbh.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2989 posts
2030 upvotes
Calgary
angel_wing0 wrote: nice, i guess maybe a Google-branded watch will be coming soon?
It's been rumored, but given the slew of products we just saw revealed, probably won't see anything on a Pixel Watch until i/o 2018 at the earliest.
Mar 23, 2004
47728 posts
13901 upvotes
Markham
Devhux wrote: It's been rumored, but given the slew of products we just saw revealed, probably won't see anything on a Pixel Watch until i/o 2018 at the earliest.
True, they need to start from the ground up again imo.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote: TBH i think AW is dead...or at least very very close to it. AW 2.0 is a failure and the 2 new LG (Style and Sport) arent liting the world on fire either.
Garmin watches
May 31, 2016
105 posts
64 upvotes
I hope software support is still on. I backed the ticwatch s+e project because Google invested money on them
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
tk1000 wrote: Android Wear is getting killed, and it’s all Qualcomm’s fault
This weekend will mark two years since Qualcomm's last smartwatch chip was announced.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/02 ... mms-fault/
@tk1000 what do you think of wearables?
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]