Cell Phones

The Official Google Android Wear and smartwatch Thread ; New Moto 360 pics leaked

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2018 9:48 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital

The Official Google Android Wear and smartwatch Thread ; New Moto 360 pics leaked

This thread will discuss all things related to Android Wear , development, questions (FAQs), etc

The newly announced Android Wear initiative, which makes a Google-approved SDK available to developers eying the wearable space, will initially focus on smartwatches created by the likes of industry heavyweights like LG, HTC, Motorola, Samsung and Asus. While Qualcomm, Intel, Broadcom, Imagination and Mediatek will also be pitching in on the chip side

Android Wear developer website

New Huawei Watch

New LG Urbane hands-on

Moto 360 2nd Gen accidently leaked photo by a Lenovo exec ? .OR just testing out new straps and finishes ?
[IMG]https://9to5google.files.wordpress.com/ ... 576&h=1024[/IMG]
458 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2008
1197 posts
257 upvotes
End of nowhere
Is this thing need a sim card?
Dec 20, 2012
728 posts
120 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
prolly feeds off your phone connection...

I cant do a voice reply to text on my phone and the watch can.. WTF...
Fido $45
Unlimited Canada Calling, Unlimited Global Texting/MMS, 5GB Data
Twilight 128GB Hauwei P20 Pro
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
So who is making the Google Android Wear? LG? Or is LG making their own?
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5485 posts
2762 upvotes
gd6noob wrote: prolly feeds off your phone connection...

I cant do a voice reply to text on my phone and the watch can.. WTF...
how else can they force you to buy their watch? :twisted:
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
djemzine wrote: So who is making the Google Android Wear? LG? Or is LG making their own?
Android wear is the OS .Am thinking LG might be making the Nexus Watch ?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
stephroll wrote: Android wear is the OS .Am thinking LG might be making the Nexus Watch ?
Hmm. So LG G watch is separate on their own or?
Blanka
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
djemzine wrote: Hmm. So LG G watch is separate on their own or?
Well Am guessing LG is developing it using Android Wear since Google and LG seem to be Nexus partners last couple of years .Too new for now to be sure .

EDIT : Now a Motorola model announced , Moto 360

***** just got real lol

Damn I feel like returning that Smart Gear now :D
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Lol if the Gear gets canceled, doesn't matter. Hopefully the price point of these ones will be competitive and cheaper. Don't mind the wait. In the mean time if the Pebble comes on sale, I will pick one up.
Blanka
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
I want that Moto 360 baddddd .Don't care what the rest look like , I want round !

Just want " Ok Google " ,no buttons to press , nothing
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Aye. So Android Wear is the OS essentially?
Blanka
Deal Addict
May 26, 2008
1266 posts
377 upvotes
Thornhill
Dammit! I was going to make a thread on this :(

Moto 360 is just Magnificent.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Motorola and LG better not do the following, and if they do, they won't get my money lol:

1) Make it exclusively for Motorola/LG smart phones.
2) This is a Google one also - make it only for the US first, then rest of the world. Better be a worldwide launch or at least North America.
Blanka
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
djemzine wrote: Motorola and LG better not do the following, and if they do, they won't get my money lol:

1) Make it exclusively for Motorola/LG smart phones.
2) This is a Google one also - make it only for the US first, then rest of the world. Better be a worldwide launch or at least North America.
They can't it's an open SDK.

Well , wont work with an iPhone i guess lol
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
stephroll wrote: They can't it's an open SDK.

Well , wont work with an iPhone i guess lol
Well when the Galaxy Nexus first came out, I think it was US only. The Chromecast is still US only lol. The Moto G first came to the US only lol.

That being aside, I guess you are right, but even then. I won't get my hopes too high yet :(
Blanka
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
djemzine wrote: Well when the Galaxy Nexus first came out, I think it was US only. The Chromecast is still US only lol. The Moto G first came to the US only lol.

That being aside, I guess you are right, but even then. I won't get my hopes too high yet :(
Well it's a watch , it doesnt have cell radios so , not like carriers can brand these .It's just like buying any accessory .I hope anyways . Added pics of that Moto 360
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
stephroll wrote: Well it's a watch , it doesnt have cell radios so , not like carriers can brand these .It's just like buying any accessory .I hope anyways . Added pics of that Moto 360
True, and so was the Chromecast - an accessory. Sadly we are still waiting for it here in Canada. Either way I am still looking forward to it.
Blanka
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
djemzine wrote: True, and so was the Chromecast - an accessory. Sadly we are still waiting for it here in Canada. Either way I am still looking forward to it.
Yah but Chromecast is about content , licensing etc ( Google doesn't offer content in Canada due to excessive fees ) ... This is just an accessory , just like that Gear we ordered

It's just an extension of Google Now on your wrist and maybe more , no idea yet , just been announced lol

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)