OFFICIAL Google Nexus 4/Android 5.0 Lollipop Thread/Accessories/ETC

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2015 7:55 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
1786 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
So I am THINKING of buying the Ringke Slim case (revised) http://www.rearthusa.com/google-nexus-4 ... -slim-case

Apparently no free shipping for Canada, but $5.

Any feedback on this case? It doesn't come with a screen protector it seems though.

Or I may get this Nillkin case http://www.nillkin.com/english/proshow. ... 960&page=1 that comes with the screen protector.

I'd like to go with the least bulky and best material (i.e. not that kind of silicone feeling).
Mar 25, 2011
708 posts
31 upvotes
Guelph
Moerby wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 11:35 pm
They replaced my SIM with a microSIM free of charge. Not sure if that's YMMV.
Really? Was it a corporate store?

They asked $10 from me. No biggie though.
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
38662 posts
5605 upvotes
King City
AndroidRootGuy wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 11:58 am
Anyone received their cases yet? If so which ones? Thoughts? Or are you all going bare?!
Probably next week for my generic TPU case from eBay.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
May 9, 2009
5469 posts
1270 upvotes
Montreal
mariokarter wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 3:34 pm
Hopefully Qi will win the format war fairly quickly. Considerign that everything Android and WP is Qi I can only see it being prolonged if Apple joins powermat. :(
If Apple's adoption of NFC (or lack thereof) is any indication, the format war will have been decided long before they include wireless charging in an iPhone.
bylo wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 8:29 am
Good luck with that, especially since there isn't even a dominant standard for wireless charging. If airports gave a rat's arse about your (or my) convenience they'd have at least provided more AC outlets in waiting areas, if not powered USB outlets.
At MIA, they've got these great charging hubs sponsored by Samsung. If only more airports had them!
May 30, 2008
168 posts
3 upvotes
just put in my request for a replacement nexus 4, the one i got was buggy as hell...random reboots, lag, and even static screens...restored the phone three times..but still problems
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5717 posts
654 upvotes
Ottawa
rainmaker89 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 2:48 pm
just put in my request for a replacement nexus 4, the one i got was buggy as hell...random reboots, lag, and even static screens...restored the phone three times..but still problems
What is the process for that. Do you get to keep your phone until they can ship you a replacement or do you have to send it in?
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
38662 posts
5605 upvotes
King City
TripleHelix wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 2:56 pm
What is the process for that. Do you get to keep your phone until they can ship you a replacement or do you have to send it in?
I may have to send mine back. I think you send in defective one and they send out replacement most likely.
175 posts
169 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
djemzine wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 3:29 pm
I may have to send mine back. I think you send in defective one and they send out replacement most likely.
You keep your current phone and only return it to them when you receive your replacement unit.
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
38662 posts
5605 upvotes
King City
FormerSlacker wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 6:44 pm
You keep your current phone and only return it to them when you receive your replacement unit.
Ah.
Aug 7, 2007
396 posts
112 upvotes
O1IN85 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 11:53 am
Really? Was it a corporate store?

They asked $10 from me. No biggie though.
It was the Wind store @ Shops At Don Mills (cnr. Don Mills and Lawrence). No hassles at all.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
3279 posts
1126 upvotes
Toronto
so what's the best screen and back protector (dry application) that's not too expensive?

also, any cheap compatible hdmi cable?
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1377 posts
189 upvotes
Vancouver
AndroidRootGuy wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 11:58 am
Anyone received their cases yet? If so which ones? Thoughts? Or are you all going bare?!
Earlier this week, I ordered two Nillkin super frosted cases (Brown for myself, White for the lady).

I'll take pics and post some impressions later.

Thinking about buying a case with a flap as well - possibly the Nillkin leather.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14439 posts
2034 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 8:27 pm
Ugh I am having the same issue with my phone again. This time if someone calls me, it rings once (well ring tone on the person making the call) but my phone doesn't ring and it goes to voice mail. Am on the line with Bell tech support and they tried calling me but my phone didn't ring at all, even though that they said it kept on ringing but no answer.

Hopefully its not a Bell and Nexus 4 issue. Worst case, I will wipe the phone and follow Android Root Guy's suggestion.
You crazy bro?
I don't think the problem has to do with the phone but the fact that the phone wasn't really built with LTE in mind.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2301 posts
836 upvotes
This sounds pretty bad. I hope this is more of a defect and not the fact that the speaker gets blown easily. Not that I crank it up so much, but still.