• Oct 31st, 2015 7:55 pm
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
37990 posts
5468 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bargain man wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 10:25 pm
yea im pretty sure they do, but with their new machines i could never get the damn thing to work. Im pretty sure you are supposed to tap your card on the screen of the machine but it never seems to work. I even asked the guy at the till and it didnt work. I used my card pretty much everywhere else tap to pay is supported. Not sure why it doesnt work there.
I saw a video long time ago of one dude using NFC + master card at Timmies. If I am not mistaken.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
May 6, 2005
9120 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
I have a replacement on the way - hope I don't have the same battery issues...
Follow me on Instagram and 500px
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1830 posts
152 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
djemzine wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 10:46 pm
I saw a video long time ago of one dude using NFC + master card at Timmies. If I am not mistaken.
I saw that video as well, but that was when they had one of those pads stuck on the back of the register. Now that they accept virtually every form of payment they changed that pad into an all in one terminal with a touch screen.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2006
4718 posts
441 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 10:46 pm
The only reason Google Wallet NFC worked in Canada was because of the Prepaid Google Card that used to be offered. Now that the Prepaid Google Card is discontinued the workaround is gone.
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
37990 posts
5468 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Kaitlyn wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 10:51 pm
All the best!
bargain man wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 10:56 pm
I saw that video as well, but that was when they had one of those pads stuck on the back of the register. Now that they accept virtually every form of payment they changed that pad into an all in one terminal with a touch screen.
Hmm...
icemasta wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 11:01 pm
The only reason Google Wallet NFC worked in Canada was because of the Prepaid Google Card that used to be offered. Now that the Prepaid Google Card is discontinued the workaround is gone.
Right.
Jun 15, 2011
37990 posts
5468 upvotes
Richmond Hill
RT Wolf wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 11:28 pm
I was gonna setup google wallet, too, until I saw this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_vYuLyfw3E
CyanogenMod only :(
1830 posts
152 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
That app kinda gives me an idea. I have a key fob to my school that I use after hours to get into the building. I wonder if I can use that app to read my fob and replay it back to their terminals at my school. Hmm....
Oct 19, 2012
923 posts
89 upvotes
Brampton
Kaitlyn wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 10:51 pm
Did your battery performance not improve? I think mine got better after a few more charges and after switching to wind, because I only had 0-1 bars with mobilicity.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
8169 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
Perhaps poor battery life for those who are experiencing it can be attributed to a crappy network. I can imagine that for Mobiliticity and maybe WIND.

I'm assuming the phone has to work harder to maintain signal.. but that's all theory haha
Apr 11, 2009
23 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
I have to say, the film/screen-protector that came with the phone felt pretty nice. I finally took it off today and replaced it with the screen protector that came with my nillkin case. Sadly, I'm pretty lousy at putting screen protectors on. I should have just left it as it was. Does anyone have any tips or good youtube videos for installing screen protectors? I managed to have put some dust on the screen between the time I took the first protector off and the put the second one on. And some areas along the edges aren't sticking.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
8169 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
immiketran wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 2:57 am
I have to say, the film/screen-protector that came with the phone felt pretty nice. I finally took it off today and replaced it with the screen protector that came with my nillkin case. Sadly, I'm pretty lousy at putting screen protectors on. I should have just left it as it was. Does anyone have any tips or good youtube videos for installing screen protectors? I managed to have put some dust on the screen between the time I took the first protector off and the put the second one on. And some areas along the edges aren't sticking.
Peel the screen protector to the point where the dust speck is, use a piece of scotch tape and use it to lift it off the "sticky" part of the protector. Works wonders
Apr 11, 2009
23 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
mcg wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 3:07 am
Peel the screen protector to the point where the dust speck is, use a piece of scotch tape and use it to lift it off the "sticky" part of the protector. Works wonders
My man! Thank you! I will give this a go.
Mar 8, 2008
731 posts
33 upvotes
At 15% battery life I started charging my N4 at exactly 2:00 AM. By 3:30 AM the battery reached 78%. 90min/68% = 1.43% per minute.

Everything I claimed previously regarding my unit's sluggish charge rate should be disregarded. At this rate I will achieve full charge (from 15% starting) in approximately two hours, which is actually quite good IMO.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
1051 posts
84 upvotes
Markham
Twitch_City wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 2:54 pm
I've read about this on XDA as well (primarily, trying to get tethering to work with LTE). Haven't done it yet, but from what I read - you can do it on stock ROM, so long as you are rooted (this obviously requires su permissions). My only issue with relying on LTE right now is that I still want Google Now to work, which apparently isn't the case on LTE.
Yeah, basically you need root permissions to run the iptables command.. Hmm, I am on LTE now and Google Now works just fine? Not sure if they're related.
Not for any nation, not for any ideology, not for justice, not for honor, not for power, not for the future, not for love, not for peace, Only for revenge. -MGSVTPP
× < >