Cell Phones

OFFICIAL Google Nexus 4/Android 5.0 Lollipop Thread/Accessories/ETC

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2015 7:55 pm
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Canuckerr wrote: How come it doesn't mention the nexus 4?

does that mean the nexus 4 won't get the update as quickly as the nexus 7 or galaxy?
Maybe they're older devices, so being rolled out first? I am not too sure. Some have reported on the Nexus 10 as well.
Blanka
Apr 3, 2006
808 posts
468 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Maybe they're older devices, so being rolled out first? I am not too sure. Some have reported on the Nexus 10 as well.
What have these update rollouts been like in the past? Do all the Nexus devices get the OTA updates within 24 hours of each other (with the exception of Verizon models)? Do all Nexus 4 owners get it at once or is it a staggered rollout by country, area, etc?

In the Apple iPhone world, updates are pretty much instant. They roll out all at once. They even just rolled out 6.1.1 to my 4S today.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
6762 posts
2096 upvotes
I don't get why everyone wants the Orb charging thing so bad...is it really that hard to plug a charging cord into your phone to charge?
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15768 posts
11164 upvotes
Canada_7 wrote: I don't get why everyone wants the Orb charging thing so bad...is it really that hard to plug a charging cord into your phone to charge?
Could possibly be that the connection will wear out with time, and not work anymore? Or intermittent?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto
Canada_7 wrote: I don't get why everyone wants the Orb charging thing so bad...is it really that hard to plug a charging cord into your phone to charge?
To be honest, it's a pain in the ***** . Especially micro-USB that can only be put in one way, and when the connector is really small. I didn't think much of the change to lightning connector on the iPhone 5, but it make a difference in terms of usability.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2005
1064 posts
66 upvotes
Downtown TO
Sushi Roll wrote: I chose the slim case because it doesn't wrap around the sides of the phone. I hate cases that do that because it interferes with swipe gestures from the of the phone.

From pictures of the fusion it looks like it wraps over the side. Also most TPU cases wrap over the side so pretty sure that Diztronic one does too.

Battery life update:
I went completely mobile today on my second Nexus 4 and had WiFi off the entire day. Using only 3G/HSPA data I ended the day with 20% battery left and 3 hours 8 minutes of screen time.
Thanks for the recommendation, I ordered the slim.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
2054 posts
283 upvotes
Onterrible
Because it looks freaking cool. That's why.

No, I do not find it very hard to plug in the charger in my phone, but it's impossible to plug the charger into the phone without a light.
The orb is cool as f. Would I pay $60 for it? Personally, no.
But, like everything in life, is anything really necessary?

On another note, wouldn't the wireless charging mat reduce the life of the battery? I've heard reports of the phone heating up when on these wireless charging mats.
So if the phone and battery is heated, doesn't this reduce the life of the battery?
Check out my >>Blog<< to learn how to get CashBack from Shopping Online! (Almost EVERY online retailer)
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
1093 posts
95 upvotes
Markham
The ORB looks great, and you reduce the wear and tear onto your USB port.
Not for any nation, not for any ideology, not for justice, not for honor, not for power, not for the future, not for love, not for peace, Only for revenge. -MGSVTPP
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
403 upvotes
GT&A
djemzine wrote: Maybe they're older devices, so being rolled out first? I am not too sure. Some have reported on the Nexus 10 as well.
From the Cyanogen Mod thread:

question: ok, so this is going to go off topic, but i saw that 4.2.2 is rolling out for all the nexus devices...except the nexus 4! what gives!?! anyways, is the cm team able to merge in 4.2.2 fixes/improvements into their ROMs for our device?

answer:
Obviously I don't have inside knowledge but my guess would be that the Nexus 4 requires a bit more work as a bugfix release.
You've got the Code Aurora wakelock patches that were incomplete and needed work to get working properly on the Mako and you saw what happened when CM merged the GPS fixes a few nights ago.
troll: someone you dislike, fear or do not comprehend...
11b guide
When the doorbell rings, it's just a request. You are not a dog, it is not a command, only a request. You are not in church, you are at home. No guilt.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
plisk3n wrote: The ORB looks great, and you reduce the wear and tear onto your USB port.
Are we still doing that Group Buy :razz: ?
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
Sorry, did a bit of research and couldn't find answer.

Does the Nexus 4 comes with app similar to iOSs Reminder ?? I just need a quick way to set reminders like call Ryan at 5pm, buy tix on next Wed, etc.

I was hoping to use Speaktoit app for those but it seems to require internet to work even for reminders. Btw, is any Siri alternative on Android that doesn't require internet to work all the time ??
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2776 posts
2425 upvotes
hdom wrote: Sorry, did a bit of research and couldn't find answer.

Does the Nexus 4 comes with app similar to iOSs Reminder ?? I just need a quick way to set reminders like call Ryan at 5pm, buy tix on next Wed, etc.

I was hoping to use Speaktoit app for those but it seems to require internet to work even for reminders. Btw, is any Siri alternative on Android that doesn't require internet to work all the time ??
I love the app Any.DO. you can setup quick reminders, and set it to nag you after missed calls, among other features. And it's free!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anydo
[IMG]https://lh3.ggpht.com/tJieHwpE1YMhltAVd ... XaDug=w705[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2217 posts
438 upvotes
First world problems yes, but like Canuckerr said, it's a pain in the ***** . Especially if you're moving around from the office/desk a lot, the last thing I wanna do is to always have to plug in the cable when I get back. Same if I had to make a phone call or need to take a pic of something or peck out a text message, I don't want to have to unplug, do what I need to do and replug it back in. My phone is beside me at my desk right now and it isn't plugged in. Why? Laziness and because I know I won't be stationary. If I had a wireless charger, my phone could be charging right now as we speak and not be idle at 80% battery life. The easier it is for someone to do something, the more likely they are to do it (charge the phone).
djemzine wrote: Are we still doing that Group Buy :razz: ?
I'd be totally down if this were real.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
1093 posts
95 upvotes
Markham
djemzine wrote: Are we still doing that Group Buy :razz: ?
LOL, I have an amerifriend that will be bringing one back for me! Whoo.
Not for any nation, not for any ideology, not for justice, not for honor, not for power, not for the future, not for love, not for peace, Only for revenge. -MGSVTPP
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
plisk3n wrote: LOL, I have an amerifriend that will be bringing one back for me! Whoo.
Boo you had us fooled lol. Probably should get my cousin in DE to order it. No taxes at all heh.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
1093 posts
95 upvotes
Markham
djemzine wrote: Boo you had us fooled lol. Probably should get my cousin in DE to order it. No taxes at all heh.
Well, user 'enhanced' will be in on one.. so the two of you can at least figure out something there.. lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8718 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
I was told it would arrived Feb 15, but I got it today. It took about 10 days (with the big snow storm). I also ordered Fusion one last week.
jimmy-j wrote: i ordered one last week and waiting for it to arrive.. i ordered white though
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
2054 posts
283 upvotes
Onterrible
If I want to change my kernel to a franco kernel can I just buy, "franco.Kernel updater" from the playstore?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lling_paid

And will this be enough to change my kernel or do I need to do something else?
(I am already rooted btw)
Check out my >>Blog<< to learn how to get CashBack from Shopping Online! (Almost EVERY online retailer)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)