• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2015 7:55 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1958 posts
193 upvotes
SSJChar wrote:
Feb 9th, 2013 10:32 pm
I'm about to do this, but it requires a factory reset, right? what steps should i do before this, i assume it'll delete all my apps and such?
That's quite a lot of assumptions going on there that aren't really warranted.

You will be able to use your phone the same way you did the few seconds before entering the said information, rest assured. The steps are contained in the quoted post.
Mar 19, 2007
136 posts
9 upvotes
enhanced wrote:
Feb 5th, 2013 3:28 pm
Yeah that's fine.
ohh, i read the original post you quoted wrong. i thought he was trying to make lte enabled permanently(the one where you have to add lines to build.prop) and it wasn't working for him. Sorry about that

Though i do have a question about making your phone stay on LTE. i was going to try it. pulled the build.prop file from the phone with wug tool kit, added the lines, then pushed it back with wug. I pulled it back to see if the changes were made and they weren't? does wug not push files properly, or perhaps when being pushed back they don't overwrite? the original instructions say to use adb so perhaps i have to do it that way instead?
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
37973 posts
5465 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Well folks! The wait is finally over - PA version 3 is out. Its a RC but definitely not a beta such as 2.99. I haven't downloaded the mako version but will be installing this on my Galaxy Nexus.

Some new features:
Pie panels are centered and glide right under your thumb, don't stretch in landscape
New pie default colors (holo) for disabled per-app-color
Screenshot option
New statusbar icons (dont look "washed out" anymore)
New bootanimation
Unlockpattern cut off is gone
IME is themable
MMS black on black fix
Pie without search agent should be fixed
PAPrefs has been polished for easier use (still much to do)
PAC support for bluetooth icon
(Mako) Perfect kernel calibration, made one extra for pa
(Mako) Autobrightness is adjusted for it
(Mako) Fart vibration for on-touch is gone
Tons of optimizations under the hood
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
5814 posts
675 upvotes
Well, found a pair of nice Android working headphones with mics and control from my own research.

JVC's Micro HD Line - HA-FXD60, on sale at the source now until Feb 27th for $50

Rated pretty good by folks at http://www.head-fi.org/, Carbon Nanotube Tech, smart switch to work with Apple/Android/Black Berry/Etc phones.

hdom wrote:
Feb 7th, 2013 5:40 pm
Any suggestion for a set of headphones with mic and controls ??

It seems most similar sets on market are designed for Apple and as far as I know, only decent sets for Android are Klipsch S4a but they are not usually on sale / cheap.

Thx.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
37973 posts
5465 upvotes
Richmond Hill
hdom wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 5:49 pm
Well, found a pair of nice Android working headphones with mics and control from my own research.

JVC's Micro HD Line - HA-FXD60, on sale at the source now until Feb 27th for $50

Rated pretty good by folks at http://www.head-fi.org/, Carbon Nanotube Tech, smart switch to work with Apple/Android/Black Berry/Etc phones.
Well first off - sorry we could not answer your question. Many of us or some of us are not experts when it comes to having a proper earpiece/headset for cell phones. I use my audiophile headphones, so having one with a mute/pause/play button is not important to me.

Glad to see you have found one that works though. Its a shame that the Klipsch Image Ones don't work properly on Android devices. I have one but only the play button works I believe.
742 posts
63 upvotes
Franco made a shout out for PA v3 on an XDA Google hangout session. I don't know if I should run the PA v3 on my Nexus 4 with his kernel... might wait a bit to see if there are any compitability issues.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
5814 posts
675 upvotes
Thanks, and no problem, I just noticed that this question get asked a lot on the other Nexus thread but I think this is better place to discuss here.

You know what, the Klipsch does make android sets with the Image S4A & S4A (II). However, price-wise they are more, but yet sound quality is rated similar so i went for the JVC.

The JVC doesn't control volume, but will let you play, stop, fwd and rwd.
djemzine wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 10:16 pm
Well first off - sorry we could not answer your question. Many of us or some of us are not experts when it comes to having a proper earpiece/headset for cell phones. I use my audiophile headphones, so having one with a mute/pause/play button is not important to me.

Glad to see you have found one that works though. Its a shame that the Klipsch Image Ones don't work properly on Android devices. I have one but only the play button works I believe.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
37973 posts
5465 upvotes
Richmond Hill
hdom wrote:
Feb 11th, 2013 1:16 am
Thanks, and no problem, I just noticed that this question get asked a lot on the other Nexus thread but I think this is better place to discuss here.

You know what, the Klipsch does make android sets with the Image S4A & S4A (II). However, price-wise they are more, but yet sound quality is rated similar so i went for the JVC.

The JVC doesn't control volume, but will let you play, stop, fwd and rwd.
You're welcome. Oh I do know that Klipsch does makae separate ones for Android but I only knew after I bought the Image Ones back in summer of 2011. Plus I am not a fan of in ear headphones to begin with. They hurt my ears lol.
Aug 4, 2004
1046 posts
84 upvotes
Markham
djemzine, I was holding off on this, but I figure some people might find this useful.. please put this in your OP..:

How to get LTE tethering hotspot working:

Here are the instructions (your phone MUST be rooted).. :

Save the following as UNIX text file (I called mine lte-tether.sh)

Code: Select all

iptables -A bw_FORWARD -i !lo+
iptables -A natctrl_FORWARD -j RETURN -i rmnet+ -o wlan0 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
iptables -A natctrl_FORWARD -j DROP -i wlan0 -o rmnet+ -m state --state INVALID
iptables -A natctrl_FORWARD -j RETURN -i wlan0 -o rmnet+
iptables -A natctrl_FORWARD -j DROP
iptables -A natctrl_nat_POSTROUTING -t nat -o rmnet+ -j MASQUERADE 
Copy this file to your phone's root directory or where ever you want.

Install / Load up Root Browser Lite (or any other file manager program)..

Setup your LTE hotspot..

Browse to your file using Root Browser, and make sure the permissions are set to EXECUTE (Unix 644 works for me).. once you do that.. you need to click on that file and choose execute. You're good!

You can take it one step further by making a 'command' shortcut as a widget to this file. I use Widgetsoid for that.. GOOD LUCK!
Not for any nation, not for any ideology, not for justice, not for honor, not for power, not for the future, not for love, not for peace, Only for revenge. -MGSVTPP
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
37973 posts
5465 upvotes
Richmond Hill
plisk3n wrote:
Feb 11th, 2013 11:53 am
djemzine, I was holding off on this, but I figure some people might find this useful.. please put this in your OP..:

iptables -A natctrl_FORWARD -j RETURN -i rmnet+ -o wlan0 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED

Setup your LTE hotspot..

Browse to your file using Root Browser, and make sure the permissions are set to EXECUTE (Unix 644 works for me).. once you do that.. you need to click on that file and choose execute. You're good!

You can take it one step further by making a 'command' shortcut as a widget to this file. I use Widgetsoid for that.. GOOD LUCK!
Done and done! Page 1, 2nd post. I would try it myself but ever since I ran into issues when enabling LTE on my phone, it actually prevented me from receiving/making calls properly. Or could have been a 4.2.1 and LTE issue thing.
2450 posts
212 upvotes
Vancouver
If I'm on HSPA and I want to tether with HSPA (hypothetically), would I still be able to with the LTE fix below?
plisk3n wrote:
Feb 11th, 2013 11:53 am

Setup your LTE hotspot..

[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
37973 posts
5465 upvotes
Richmond Hill
litebrite wrote:
Feb 11th, 2013 12:23 pm
If I'm on HSPA and I want to tether with HSPA (hypothetically), would I still be able to with the LTE fix below?
There's no need for a fix for HSPA tethering. I've done it before many times with my Nexus 4. It works like a charm. This is only if you enabled the LTE option (page 1) and want to use tethering. It seems it did not work properly, hence the fix.
Aug 4, 2004
1046 posts
84 upvotes
Markham
djemzine wrote:
Feb 11th, 2013 12:14 pm
Done and done! Page 1, 2nd post. I would try it myself but ever since I ran into issues when enabling LTE on my phone, it actually prevented me from receiving/making calls properly. Or could have been a 4.2.1 and LTE issue thing.
Thanks! BTW - I think phone calls are not supported on the LTE protocol. That's why you'll see your antenna icon change from "4G" to "3G" during a call. ;)
Not for any nation, not for any ideology, not for justice, not for honor, not for power, not for the future, not for love, not for peace, Only for revenge. -MGSVTPP
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
37973 posts
5465 upvotes
Richmond Hill
plisk3n wrote:
Feb 11th, 2013 1:01 pm
Thanks! BTW - I think phone calls are not supported on the LTE protocol. That's why you'll see your antenna icon change from "4G" to "3G" during a call. ;)
You're welcome. No no that's not the issue. If someone is calling me, my phone doesn't ring at all. Or it does, but one ring then goes to VM. Same thing if I am dialing someone. I mentioned this way earlier back, but like I said hopefully 4.2.2 fixes it and I might just try again. Either way I am fine with the HSPA speeds :razz:
Aug 4, 2004
1046 posts
84 upvotes
Markham
djemzine wrote:
Feb 11th, 2013 1:28 pm
You're welcome. No no that's not the issue. If someone is calling me, my phone doesn't ring at all. Or it does, but one ring then goes to VM. Same thing if I am dialing someone. I mentioned this way earlier back, but like I said hopefully 4.2.2 fixes it and I might just try again. Either way I am fine with the HSPA speeds :razz:
I had that issue when I did a 'dirty' flash of a custom rom. If you're doing custom stuff, do a full wipe and test out your calls that way. You can also try clearing out the data/cache for the contacts app. That worked for me, but only the first call. So strange!
× < >