OFFICIAL Google Nexus 4/Android 5.0 Lollipop Thread/Accessories/ETC

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2015 7:55 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7486 posts
385 upvotes
Scarborough
1) After you transferred it from the phone to your computer, can you see the backup files on the computer?

2) When you did the 2nd backup, did you remember where the backup is stored on your phone? TWRP folder is created by TWRP Recovery installation.
Canada_7 wrote:
May 6th, 2015 12:11 pm
Then transferred it from my phone to my computer. I made a second backup with TWRP after I had restored everything. Now, when I use ES File Explorer again, when I see my TWRP folder, it is no longer accessible as a folder but rather a question mark.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4424 posts
146 upvotes
Menace wrote:
May 6th, 2015 2:16 pm
1) After you transferred it from the phone to your computer, can you see the backup files on the computer?

2) When you did the 2nd backup, did you remember where the backup is stored on your phone? TWRP folder is created by TWRP Recovery installation.
1) Yeah, I can see the first android on my computer without problems. I see all the files.

2) I'm pretty sure it's in the exact same place because that's where I found my other one. It's TWRP>Backups>some huge number>my Backup

I just plugged my phone in my laptop now as a media device, even the laptop can't see the new one I made (doesn't even see the TWRP folder). The only thing that can see TWRP folder as a folder is through the recovery's file explorer. ES File Explorer won't, neither would a new file explorer I tried (Solid Explorer).

EDIT: Ok, I used the file explorer in TWRP recovery, and moved the file from the TWRP>Backups>some random number to another random spot on my phone. Then I rebooted my phone regularly, used ES File Explorer and went to where I had moved the backup, and I'm able to see it then. Seems like the issue is that I can no longer access the TWRP folder from a regular file explorer, which I was able to before.
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
10661 posts
1666 upvotes
Toronto
Canada_7 wrote:
May 6th, 2015 3:04 pm
1) Yeah, I can see the first android on my computer without problems. I see all the files.

2) I'm pretty sure it's in the exact same place because that's where I found my other one. It's TWRP>Backups>some huge number>my Backup

I just plugged my phone in my laptop now as a media device, even the laptop can't see the new one I made (doesn't even see the TWRP folder). The only thing that can see TWRP folder as a folder is through the recovery's file explorer. ES File Explorer won't, neither would a new file explorer I tried (Solid Explorer).

EDIT: Ok, I used the file explorer in TWRP recovery, and moved the file from the TWRP>Backups>some random number to another random spot on my phone. Then I rebooted my phone regularly, used ES File Explorer and went to where I had moved the backup, and I'm able to see it then. Seems like the issue is that I can no longer access the TWRP folder from a regular file explorer, which I was able to before.
That is strange. I have had issues seeing files created by titanium backup on my PC. ES would have no problem displaying it. My workaround would be to make a copy and paste into the download folder. From there the PC has never had any issues with files or folders.

BTW, I assume you flashed a factory rom and overwrote the bootloader and radio firmware?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4424 posts
146 upvotes
will888 wrote:
May 6th, 2015 10:20 pm
That is strange. I have had issues seeing files created by titanium backup on my PC. ES would have no problem displaying it. My workaround would be to make a copy and paste into the download folder. From there the PC has never had any issues with files or folders.

BTW, I assume you flashed a factory rom and overwrote the bootloader and radio firmware?
Sorry for the late reply. If you're talking about when I factory reset the phone, yes, I flashed a factory version of 5.1. I rooted the phone right after and created a nandroid backup. Then when I got all my apps and data back in order, I made that second backup (still with stock everything). Afterwards, then I flashed a hybrid radio (to allow LTE) and a custom kernel (hellscore).
× < >