Cell Phones

[Official] Google Pixel & Pixel XL Thread (Announced Oct. 4, 2016)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2017 4:37 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3917 posts
2186 upvotes
Toronto
In that case you might as well order the new HTC U Ultra from HTC Canada in which you can use a memory card...now price is sitting at $1000CDN; it's a dual SIM phone as well...
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38385 posts
12009 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
DJ Trance AZ wrote: In that case you might as well order the new HTC U Ultra from HTC Canada in which you can use a memory card...now price is sitting at $1000CDN; it's a dual SIM phone as well...
I want the pure Android experience. Not interested in HTC Sense
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3518 posts
689 upvotes
Allenford
polizeifritz wrote: Anyone notice that the camera autofocus is pretty bad indoors in artificial somewhat low light? If I take a picture of my kid, if he moves the slightest bit, it is out of focus and blurry. Video also has a poor time focusing in low light. Daytime it is the complete opposite, I can take a picture of a car on the highway and literally look at all of the spokes on the rims as if they are at a complete standstill. I have the 32GB 5 inch pixel by the way.

Is this still an issue? I take a lot of lowlight indoor pictures and this would be a big issue for me otherwise very interested in the Pixel
Jan 17, 2009
564 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Gee wrote: It's no good if you can't get the phone. I desperately need a new Pixel XL 128
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous when you can't purchase the flagship Google phone that launched 5 months ago.
I waited 2 months and bought a Pixel XL BNIB off Kijiji after much vetting of the seller to make sure phone wouldn't be blacklisted.

The phone is awesome, somehow Google/HTC messed up the production....
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38385 posts
12009 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I broke down and couldn't wait. Didn't want to risk Kijiji and bought one from a Rogers corporate store. $1185 for a 32 gig blue Pixel XL
Jan 17, 2009
564 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Gee wrote: I broke down and couldn't wait. Didn't want to risk Kijiji and bought one from a Rogers corporate store. $1185 for a 32 gig blue Pixel XL
32gb? I thought the XL 128gb was that price?
Oct 24, 2003
614 posts
32 upvotes
I have a 32GB Pixel. I love it. My only complaint and it's driving me nuts. This thing is constantly switching from LTE to N mode. I've done all the updates and it still does it. Makes using this phone annoying when you're trying to pull something up and it won't load! Anyone else having this issue? I'm on Telus.
Jan 17, 2009
564 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
kingpounds2002 wrote: I have a 32GB Pixel. I love it. My only complaint and it's driving me nuts. This thing is constantly switching from LTE to N mode. I've done all the updates and it still does it. Makes using this phone annoying when you're trying to pull something up and it won't load! Anyone else having this issue? I'm on Telus.
I'm on Rogers and I've never had this on my Pixel XL 128GB. I mean it's done it when I'm underground or in a building with a lot of concrete. But out and about I very rarely see it move from LTE.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
kingpounds2002 wrote: I have a 32GB Pixel. I love it. My only complaint and it's driving me nuts. This thing is constantly switching from LTE to N mode. I've done all the updates and it still does it. Makes using this phone annoying when you're trying to pull something up and it won't load! Anyone else having this issue? I'm on Telus.
My 32gb pixel in Niagara does not do this. You might want to go to a Rogers store and get a new sim card. Just tell them your phone keeps dropping connection, they shouldn't charge you for one.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Evil Baby wrote: My 32gb pixel in Niagara does not do this. You might want to go to a Rogers store and get a new sim card. Just tell them your phone keeps dropping connection, they shouldn't charge you for one.
You asking him to switch from Telus to Rogers? :razz:
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Haz wrote: You asking him to switch from Telus to Rogers? :razz:
My bad....

He should probably go to a Telus store instead, might have better luck than going to a Rogers store looking for a Telus sim. :)