Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Huggies

Official Kids Diaper Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2013 10:35 pm

Poll: Best Diaper poll

• Total votes: 69. You have voted on this poll.
Huggies

13%
Pampers

72%
Kirkland

9%
No Name / Private Label

6%

Poll ended at Mar 1st, 2010 3:50 pm

Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8717 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
It is $11 ;) when I was there to pick the size 6 for my gal.
voided wrote: they only sell those is packs of 40 for $12 :( . Thanks for the reminder op I picked up a few boxes for the future.
Mar 1, 2008
645 posts
31 upvotes
picked up 5 boxes @ loblaws in RH.Can never have enough!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1418 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
dafunkgirl20 wrote: I agree, since diaper boxes come in so many different sizes, I always have to whip out the calculator and figure out how much it is per diaper.
It's very difficult to compare boxes from one vendor to another. Earlier this year Walmart had boxes for $31.00 with 140 count of size 4 Cruisers, but they also have a box with only 108 diapers. The Superstore flyer with the Boxing Day sale price of $26.77 depicts a box of size 4 Cruisers with 120 diapers (can anybody who purchased a box confirm this number?). And the largest box of size 4 Cruisers sold at Zellers and Toys-R-Us only has 100 diapers.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1355 posts
44 upvotes
voided wrote: I can't wait till my little one gets into larger sizes. She is still in newborn sizes at just under 9lbs and they only sell those is packs of 40 for $12 :( . Thanks for the reminder op I picked up a few boxes for the future.
That's why I am looking out for the size 2's 275. One box lasts a long time and is usually enough to get to the next size.
Jan 1, 2007
505 posts
57 upvotes
Also if you go to save.ca, then often have manufacturer coupons for pampers there as well. Bought 9 boxes this boxing day. :D
Dec 2, 2008
828 posts
343 upvotes
here's the thing.... if this is now to become the "official" diaper thread - then i suggest the spelling error in the title be corrected.

oh and i think the consensus is that .18 or lower a diaper is what you should aim for.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
AEmgee wrote: It's very difficult to compare boxes from one vendor to another. Earlier this year Walmart had boxes for $31.00 with 140 count of size 4 Cruisers, but they also have a box with only 108 diapers. The Superstore flyer with the Boxing Day sale price of $26.77 depicts a box of size 4 Cruisers with 120 diapers (can anybody who purchased a box confirm this number?). And the largest box of size 4 Cruisers sold at Zellers and Toys-R-Us only has 100 diapers.
Can't confirm what the number of size 4 cruisers was from RCSS, we picked up some boxes, I think we had figured around 21 cents a diaper... I think the reason that the stores all have different sizes for their jumbo boxes is to avoid the PM opportunity... it's not the same item, pretty much proprietary to each store.
18 cents is a good price to aim for, but remember, this isn't a luxury item, it's a necessity, so really, any sale is better than nothing... Anything more than a quarter a diaper is crazy though!
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8717 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
Take size 6 for example, Walmart had them for $26.99 per 84 box during their last anniversary sales. RCSS now has $26.77 per 92 box. So you better stock them (any size) up. When my daughter was on her size 1, I already purchased at least 1 box from size 1 to size 6. If you think you have too many diapers, just keep the receipt for future refund.
AEmgee wrote: It's very difficult to compare boxes from one vendor to another. Earlier this year Walmart had boxes for $31.00 with 140 count of size 4 Cruisers, but they also have a box with only 108 diapers. The Superstore flyer with the Boxing Day sale price of $26.77 depicts a box of size 4 Cruisers with 120 diapers (can anybody who purchased a box confirm this number?). And the largest box of size 4 Cruisers sold at Zellers and Toys-R-Us only has 100 diapers.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
9645 posts
911 upvotes
Muskoka
Hard to say what a good per-diaper price is, as it will be different for each size!

RCSS Oakville yesterday only had size 3 and 6 left for this deal, both Pampers and Huggies. Guess those are the least popular sizes.
Jun 8, 2007
945 posts
286 upvotes
Oshawa
Do not pass up the sale because they are out of your little ones size. Buy as many boxes as you need, any size. Then when the sale is over and they pull out the hidden inventory go back and exchange them. Shoppers, Walmart and may others will exchange without a receipt.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2727 posts
419 upvotes
Nepean
canadian gal wrote: here's the thing.... if this is now to become the "official" diaper thread - then i suggest the spelling error in the title be corrected.

oh and i think the consensus is that .18 or lower a diaper is what you should aim for.
18 cents is relative to the size of diaper. But yeah staying under 20 cents a diaper guarantees you got some sort of deal.
Mar 8, 2004
755 posts
289 upvotes

I can confirm the numbers from RCSS for you:

Size 4:

Cruisers - 120 per box
Baby Dry - 158 per box
Mar 31, 2004
293 posts
72 upvotes
New Tecumseth
+1 for this thread.

With our first baby on the way, I will be keeping my eye on this thread.
Feb 8, 2007
460 posts
45 upvotes
Menace wrote: +1 Me too :cheesygri :D

I have enough diapers stocked up and I don't need to worry until my child turns 10 :D :D
I hope your kid is out of diapers by 10 :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2622 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
A big +1 for Mother-ease.

Yup, washable, not disposable.

It really isn't that bad. We had 2 kids (13 months apart) in them.

Really well made and way better than what I was swaddled in as a baby.
We used the "one-size" with "air-flow covers". They're adjustable, so they work for the entire diaper time. We never had any issues with leaks.

They're not cheap to buy, but they have a good resale market.

Both of our kids had bad diaper rashes. Disposables really aggravated this, which is why we went this route (resorting to disposables for travel for the obvious reasons :) .

YMMV, but just wanted to provide another option.

..karl
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2727 posts
419 upvotes
Nepean
I use cloth when I can but depending on the day and schedule sometimes disposables are easier so we jump back and forth.

But I don't want to make this a cloth vs disposable thread so let's not get into that :D :D
Dec 25, 2006
20 posts
2 upvotes
I have bought them in the past for $6.98/pk. For the size 1s that works out to about $0.08/diaper. Right now they are on sale for $7.99/pk and again for the size 1s that works out to about $0.10/diaper. I haven't been able to find any diaper cheaper than this. The teddy's choice diapers seem to be pretty good so far.
Jan 24, 2009
100 posts
18 upvotes
Ont
I disagree. We were using Huggies for our LO until she was 2 months old, then switched to Pampers, which we love and have been using since (she's 6.5 months now). For Christmas, our LO received a box of Teddy's Choice. We've been using it for about 5 days now and hate it. It's really bulky, the velcro sucks, and there's absolutely no leakage protection! The box is 168 count, so we're really stuck, throwing it away is a waste, so we're changing her every 2 hours during the day and using Pampers at night. This may just be our LO, but from experience, we'll stick with Pampers. lol, we've also stocked up on the Pampers sale from RCSS until she's 3.
superstar wrote: I have bought them in the past for $6.98/pk. For the size 1s that works out to about $0.08/diaper. Right now they are on sale for $7.99/pk and again for the size 1s that works out to about $0.10/diaper. I haven't been able to find any diaper cheaper than this. The teddy's choice diapers seem to be pretty good so far.