[LEGO] OFFICIAL LEGO THREAD - New TRU and other general things

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2019 10:28 pm
Dec 8, 2013
115 posts
80 upvotes
brickpreviews wrote:
Mar 16th, 2018 11:40 pm
Is this a good sale on the mini cooper? do they go below 20% often?
Hard to find sets not often on sale, Mini Cooper is one of the hard to find sets, and soon be retired. I guess Mike meant that to get it before it is too late. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
1901 posts
514 upvotes
burlington, on
CNNZCA wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 12:36 am
Hard to find sets not often on sale, Mini Cooper is one of the hard to find sets, and soon be retired. I guess Mike meant that to get it before it is too late. :)
I can be wrong but I think is the only creator expert that I see often on sale at toys us.
Was included few months ago on BOGO Sale at toys us
May 8, 2012
140 posts
29 upvotes
NORTH YORK
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 8:13 pm
Anyone ever had their order shipped to a Walmart store?
It's written 4-12 business days on the website, but that doesn't make any sense to me.
I haven't had the best experience with my Walmart...on average, I've had to wait 45+ mins each time I've gone to pick up my items. The fastest being 20 mins, the longest being 1.5 hours. I've also had 5 different orders that were sent to the store with tracking that never made it to the store so they had to refund my orders.
Oct 22, 2016
64 posts
24 upvotes
cyphon wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 5:35 pm
Will Wal-Mart match toys r us 20% off pricing?
Only from the flyer, and not a percentage.

I was able to PM the SW 75200 Ahch-Training set at Walmart because it was shown on the flyer. I was not able to get 20% off any other SW sets.
May 7, 2010
502 posts
228 upvotes
Edmonton
My Kijiji adventures...

UCS R2D2 for 200 and Tower Bridge for 85 (missing about 20 small pieces). Washing the TB was a pain as it was super dusty so I had to wash, dry, sort and build @_@

Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6686 posts
2089 upvotes
Mississauga
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
It's written 4-12 business days on the website, but that doesn't make any sense to me.
espressions wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 8:50 pm
I haven't had the best experience with my Walmart...on average, I've had to wait 45+ mins each time I've gone to pick up my items. The fastest being 20 mins, the longest being 1.5 hours. I've also had 5 different orders that were sent to the store with tracking that never made it to the store so they had to refund my orders.
MY experience was horrible too,my orders took long time to get to the store even some of them were shipped with Canada post,they took long time to find my orders and bring it up to my car.
Despite receiving the pick up notification email,sometimes I need to go 2 times to the store because they couldn't find it the first,in a few words (It's complete mess up),I'm not shipping anything to store again unless it's very burning hot deal and it's the only option available.
May 15, 2011
64 posts
25 upvotes
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Pretty much agree with the others that it is not a ideal experience, although I haven't had anything worse than their's.
Definitely is slow to get to the store & do inventory with some stores are better than others. Employees always are slow to help or have little experience with online pickup.
Only positive for me is that I tend to get stuff in better condition that in post. I only do it when I have a low price item I'm not in a hurry to get & don't want to add a filler to be returned to meet free ship.
Feb 27, 2007
306 posts
44 upvotes
superlight wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 11:51 pm
Only from the flyer, and not a percentage.

I was able to PM the SW 75200 Ahch-Training set at Walmart because it was shown on the flyer. I was not able to get 20% off any other SW sets.
Well now i know what I'm not doing this afternoon :)