• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2019 12:39 am
Sep 30, 2001
27373 posts
6366 upvotes
Toronto
flyz wrote:
Jun 14th, 2011 11:28 pm
According to BL, MISB sets like 8145 has doubled in price since 2007.
wow never saw that set before. would love to have that (and the 8285). i only recently got into collecting so there are thousands of lost sets for me :) oh well can't have 'em all right?
Don't talk about it, be about it
Feb 21, 2011
10 posts
MrDisco wrote:
Jun 15th, 2011 12:26 am
wow never saw that set before. would love to have that (and the 8285). i only recently got into collecting so there are thousands of lost sets for me :) oh well can't have 'em all right?

You know what's really funny?
Even LEGO doesn't have every single set.
They're missing a few from the 70's - they didn't start collecting them themselves till it was too late.

(but they have most - locked safely away).
Sep 30, 2001
27373 posts
6366 upvotes
Toronto
chenwaa123 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2011 10:35 am
What/Who is S&H?

Lego shop at home. Lego.ca (.com etc) online store.
Sep 30, 2001
27373 posts
6366 upvotes
Toronto
brickgoalie wrote:
Jun 15th, 2011 10:10 am
(but they have most - locked safely away).

Yep. Believe it was engadget who had that awesome video tour of the "vault"
Feb 21, 2011
10 posts
MrDisco wrote:
Jun 15th, 2011 10:47 am
Yep. Believe it was engadget who had that awesome video tour of the "vault"

Yup.
That and I was just in there May :D
MUHHAHAHAHA /touches rarest LEGO sets.

Though it's also known as "Memory Lane"

--

Probably doesn't help anyone here, but Canada_7 mentioned in another board that TRU US is having a BOGO 50% right now on ALL LEGO - big sets already OOS/taken off ... now to go beg US friends.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
1239 posts
206 upvotes
GVRD
MrDisco wrote:
Jun 15th, 2011 10:45 am
Lego shop at home. Lego.ca (.com etc) online store.

OK thanks. So the poster asking about Lego.com, yes I buy all my kids lego on the U.S. site, pay with a CDN Visa and have them ship to a postal depot just across the border.
Jan 31, 2003
200 posts
10 upvotes
flyz wrote:
Jun 14th, 2011 9:35 pm
Has anyone ordered from S@H US and had the items shipped to a US mailbox (Something like CBIUSA), but with a Canadian credit card?

I'm planning to get 2 8110 when it comes out and my estimates would be savings of $50-75 per set.

Yes and no issues.
I am broke. Thanks RFD
Jan 31, 2003
200 posts
10 upvotes
brickgoalie wrote:
Jun 15th, 2011 11:07 am

Probably doesn't help anyone here, but Canada_7 mentioned in another board that TRU US is having a BOGO 50% right now on ALL LEGO - big sets already OOS/taken off ... now to go beg US friends.

Someone must be hoarding the expensive sets for EBay. The Death Star and Imperial Shuttle were around yesterday and now they are OOS. I hate people trying to profit on children's toys.
I am broke. Thanks RFD
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5833 posts
235 upvotes
chenwaa123 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2011 3:01 pm
OK thanks. So the poster asking about Lego.com, yes I buy all my kids lego on the U.S. site, pay with a CDN Visa and have them ship to a postal depot just across the border.
Bafflebrain wrote:
Jun 15th, 2011 5:06 pm
Yes and no issues.
Thanks, good to know.

Time for a trip and some shopping when the set is out :razz:
signature edited for rule violations
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
2952 posts
491 upvotes
So, this is what I did with mine...just added a couple Minifig Magnet bases to it and put it on the fridge. And as of Tuesday, Calgary's Lego Store still had some of these sets. Staffer said they believed it was going to be a one time only shipment and won't be on S@H.

My question was if the numbers/days/months were stickers or painted...they are painted which makes the set that much better!!

[IMG]http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/4123/phototh.jpg[/IMG]
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
Nov 24, 2007
859 posts
335 upvotes
robskot wrote:
Jun 16th, 2011 3:17 am
So, this is what I did with mine...just added a couple Minifig Magnet bases to it and put it on the fridge. And as of Tuesday, Calgary's Lego Store still had some of these sets. Staffer said they believed it was going to be a one time only shipment and won't be on S@H.
Price?
Oct 14, 2005
352 posts
34 upvotes
Canada_7 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2011 12:48 pm
I just got an email today telling me that my order couldn't be processed. Gave them a call, originally the CSR said it was because of my payment info not matching up with the CC that was used to pay for it. I said that's really unlikely considering I've used that same card to make my order. He then mentioned that they were aware that the order was made during the time when the pricing was wrong (which he then said on their website they reserve the right to cancel orders if it was during price-error situations) so that was also a possibility in the order being canceled. He did give me an option of ordering the set again at full-price ($154.99), but a $25 credit-back immediately after my order. That works out to:

154.99 x 1.13 - 25 = 150.14

That compares to when they had the Maersk Train at 20% off: (154.99 x 0.8) x 1.13 = 140.11

Sure it's still nice to have the train at $150.14 but that's still over $10 more plus I'm willing to wait it out until the next sale I guess (I do want this set but as high as it is up my list, there are a couple other sets I want more).

Different outcome this time in what happened when compared to their pricing error previously a week ago, where I ordered Shuttle Adventure at 20% off and they still processed and shipped it. Oh well...I guess will save me some money (albeit, I would likely be not as happy with my order being canceled if I had not been able to get my Shuttle Adventure from last week's order). Will wait for the next Creator sale (where it will likely be out of stock right before the sale again).

Speaking of Creator, TRU has the new modular house set 10218 Pet Shop listed on their site (where it will also likely be OOS right before a sale).

Canada_7, wow this is exactly what happened to me. They sent me an email saying that my order couldn't be processed because of conflicts in my credit card address with the one I gave them. I called them saying this is very unlikely. The lady just send in the order again. She said that the discount was over so I have to pay the full price of 159.99 + tax. She did say though that I will be refunded the difference after I paid. Now I am not sure if she meant the difference total or just a $25 credit like what happened to you. She didn't mention anything about reserving the right to cancel the order because of pricing error so that's good =D
:lol:
Jun 4, 2010
413 posts
37 upvotes
Scarborough
Anyone knows if the Lego store at Sherway Gardens have any promo/sale this weekend?
anything, even on magnets, keychains, etc.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 1 guest)

KirbyLight, punkren, 4gothow2playwc3, ctam88, Mojomiko