• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2018 5:36 pm
May 7, 2015
82 posts
48 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
silverferrari wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 8:32 pm
They offered a return and full refund first, but I said I wanted to keep the damaged product. They offered the 20% discount immediately afterwards. I think this is a standard offer they give for damaged products.
Oh man I NEVER get offered the % off even if I want to keep it. The best I get is a free month of prime.
May 7, 2010
399 posts
195 upvotes
Edmonton
Looks like I should order a Silent Mary from Amazon then if all the packages from Walmart looks !@#$
Aug 16, 2015
390 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Saturn V from WalMart arrived in great condition.

Had to return 4 Ghostbusters firehouse and 3 Slave 1 to Amazon before getting one in acceptable shape on the 5th and 4th try, respectively.

So it seems like luck of the draw with these two. Not sure which is better or worse.
Oct 18, 2016
475 posts
839 upvotes
All these Walmart and Amazon experiences sound like horror stories. I feel like they just have all these lego items strapped to a skid and they just take them and throw into a shipping box.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7138 posts
511 upvotes
I got a UCS Y-Wing that has a tiny ding in one corner that I'm selling for 220, if anyone's interested.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
7949 posts
8796 upvotes
GT-EH
4gothow2playwc3 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 9:40 pm
Looks like I should order a Silent Mary from Amazon then if all the packages from Walmart looks !@#$
Don't -- Amazon is just as bad.
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1271 posts
160 upvotes
Winnipeg
SumoNinja wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 1:26 pm
The seller is responsible for any duty or customs charges if they’re shipping from out of country, but selling on amazon.ca. Message the seller to get a refund on the overage, if they refuse, escalate to amazon.
Thanks for this info.
I sent them a message through Amazon and they agreed to refund once I send them the custom invoice.
Then I ran into another problem. Actually I paid duty and picked up the parcel even before seller agreed ( you know how tough to argue with 6 year olds)
Package looked new but when I opened one of the smaller plastic bags was ripped open and some pieces were roaming loose in the box.
This set has 792 pieces. and they come in unnumbered 9 bags. There is no way to find each bags has how much pieces.
I just took a picture of all bags together with one lose bag but then I had to open all the bags and kind of count.
It was difficult and I could not match all 792... Not sure what can I do now.. May be just build it and see if everything is in there.... Do you guys count?( I mean if a smaller bag is ripped )
Lesson learnt - never buy Lego from out of country seller.
Jun 3, 2007
260 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
CocoJambo wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 9:52 am
Thanks for this info.
I sent them a message through Amazon and they agreed to refund once I send them the custom invoice.
Then I ran into another problem. Actually I paid duty and picked up the parcel even before seller agreed ( you know how tough to argue with 6 year olds)
Package looked new but when I opened one of the smaller plastic bags was ripped open and some pieces were roaming loose in the box.
This set has 792 pieces. and they come in unnumbered 9 bags. There is no way to find each bags has how much pieces.
I just took a picture of all bags together with one lose bag but then I had to open all the bags and kind of count.
It was difficult and I could not match all 792... Not sure what can I do now.. May be just build it and see if everything is in there.... Do you guys count?( I mean if a smaller bag is ripped )
Lesson learnt - never buy Lego from out of country seller.
The instruction book should list all the parts contained in the box on one of the pages (likely the last one, showing pictures of each piece and the part count). Some bigger sets do list them by bag number, I believe.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1498 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
Can I return Lego bought from TRU eBay store in the brick and mortar store?
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1498 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 12:05 pm
Yes
Did u try? What document do they need? Sometimes they need the packing slip.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

codtongues