Entertainment

The Official RFD LEGO General Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 9:02 am
Dec 17, 2008
17 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Not waiting for double VIP points in October? That's a lot of missed VIP points :-)
Nov 15, 2015
329 posts
42 upvotes
Only if you can buy the thing. i really dont know how much stock they will have in the first month of its release.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2004
2113 posts
79 upvotes
danienagle wrote: Not waiting for double VIP points in October? That's a lot of missed VIP points :-)
Just buy again if it's available with double points :twisted:
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2627 posts
1427 upvotes
burlington, on
dOuble O wrote: Just buy again if it's available with double points :twisted:
Can you price adjust or "return" the one you buy in September ?
Nov 15, 2015
329 posts
42 upvotes
Return policy is 90 days. Im unsure if you have to pay for shipping, or you could go to a lego store? Im assuming the latter is ok
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
HainesGT wrote: Return policy is 90 days. Im unsure if you have to pay for shipping, or you could go to a lego store? Im assuming the latter is ok
Lego store online return has to be under $200, so I wish ;-)
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2017
1331 posts
960 upvotes
Montreal, QC
TRU sales for the next 2 weeks:
20% off on select Star Wars sets (75182: Republic Fighter Tank, 75178: Jakku Quadjumper)
20% off on all Classic sets
20% off on select Friends sets (41315: Heartlake Surf Shop, 41316: Andrea's Speedboat Transporter)
20% off on select MARVEL sets (76083: Beware the Vulture, 76076: Captain America Jet Pursuit)

There is a grandparent event on this Sunday.
The Grand Event Play Day

Sunday, September 10th
from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.

Available at all Toys"R"Us locations

On Sunday, September 10, we’re inviting all the grand spoilers, the grand teachers, the grand babysitters, and the grand storytellers to our Grand Event.
Bring your kids and grandkid(s) to The Grand Event Play Day and take part in all the FUN & FREE activities in-store!

Build and take home a Mega Bloks Animal
Get inspired with Disney Princess Dream It, Be It
Test your skills in our Nerf target practice
Part-take in the Peppa Pig’s Day out with Grand-parents colouring activity

Peppa Pig Character Appearances
PLUS Don’t miss a special Peppa Pig Meet and Greet at two of “R” locations!

Burlington, ON - 3051 Appleby Line
Time: 10am - Noon

Oakville, ON - Oakville 290 North Service Rd. W.
Time: 2pm – 4pm

Child must be present to participate. Parental supervision required at all times. Event activities may vary by store and are subject to change. While supplies last. Limit one per customer.

Grandparents can take advantage of additional savings in-store!
SAVE 10%* when you present a photo of you and your grandkid(s)
SAVE 15%* when you also sign up for R Club

*applies to regular priced items only. Excludes prices ending in .94, clearance LEGO® Hard to Find building sets, Peg Perego, Thule, videogame hardware, food, formula, diapers, wipes, gift cards, pre-paid cards, pre-orders, special orders or the Buyer Protection Plan. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Discount valid instore only for 10% off when you show a photo of your grandchild and 15% off when you sign up for R Club. Discounts not combinable. Offer valid Sunday, September 10th only.
Nov 15, 2015
329 posts
42 upvotes
Ah, so no returns on falcon. Hmm. Well makes sense.

Those toysrus deals seem luke warm. Im unsure if base plates ever go on much cheaper or not tho. I assume thy do.
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10595 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH
podball wrote: It is on the shelf now only in Europe. For US and Canada, it will be next month.
Wake me up next month! ;)
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2017
1331 posts
960 upvotes
Montreal, QC
HainesGT wrote: Those toysrus deals seem luke warm. Im unsure if base plates ever go on much cheaper or not tho. I assume thy do.
They sometimes go on clearance in Walmart, although I never really saw that happened in my local stores...
For example, you can check this postal code for the in-store price: H7E 0A3.
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-class ... 0190449114
There were also some 32x32 ones sold for $2, but not available now.

But anyway, if you buy the 32x32 from LEGO's brick & pieces site, it's a little bit cheaper (around $9) than those wrapped one...
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11294 posts
6292 upvotes
Ontario
ez_86 wrote: definitely not paying more than $15 for that set
Agreed. Low piece count and not very exciting minifigs and overall scene.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1465 posts
348 upvotes
Quebec City
Hi guys, new to LEGO sets and I've been curious about that huge Star Wars MF set coming soon.
Does LEGO sets have limited production of these exclusives sets?

I mean, I see some sets sold out and some even say this one will sell out pretty fast (other say the contrary but anyway), how does this work? I'm big collector of numismatic coins and I'm used to maximum mintage number, so we know the rarity and can guess the popularity, scarcity and sellout time of new coins... what about the LEGO sets?
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11294 posts
6292 upvotes
Ontario
TIPIT wrote: Hi guys, new to LEGO sets and I've been curious about that huge Star Wars MF set coming soon.

I mean, I see some sets sold out and some even say this one will sell out pretty fast (other say the contrary but anyway), how does this work? I'm big collector of numismatic coins and I'm used to maximum mintage number, so we know the rarity and can guess the popularity, scarcity and sellout time of new coins... what about the LEGO sets?
Hard to predict, there is no set number for maximum sets produced. You have to go with your feeling. I feel this set will be here for some time, if previous mf set of this magnitude is any indication. I could be wrong though...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5898 posts
2331 upvotes
Toronto
TIPIT wrote: Hi guys, new to LEGO sets and I've been curious about that huge Star Wars MF set coming soon.

It'll sell for at least a year, no need to worry, lol.....
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2627 posts
1427 upvotes
burlington, on
I know is still too early but, what usually happen on black Friday? Do you guys score great deals or just regular 20-35% off?
Maybe the new MF will go for sale on black Friday?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5898 posts
2331 upvotes
Toronto
cayolargo wrote: I know is still too early but, what usually happen on black Friday? Do you guys score great deals or just regular 20-35% off?
Maybe the new MF will go for sale on black Friday?
Maybe the MF might, but black Friday has always been worth it to shop @ lego
Last edited by ez_86 on Sep 6th, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Black Friday deals usually suck, as all the holiday's sales from LEGO...
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

GoExpos, slo mo