[LEGO] OFFICIAL LEGO THREAD - New TRU and other general things

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2017 4:52 am
Mar 30, 2015
192 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hoping to see large discounts on Lego Dimensions soon,
now that it is announced that the Lego Dimensions line will be discontinued.
Mar 30, 2015
192 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Chapters/Indigo 20% off using Masterpass

Edit:
Use TreatMar code for an extra 10% off when you spend $50 or more.
Applies to Lego books with exclusive minifigures.

Not sure if it applies to Lego sets.
Last edited by kukitsuwa on Mar 20th, 2017 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
6815 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
kukitsuwa wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 8:08 am
The dumping of them to Dollarama and the lack of updates to newer waves was a clue.

It was getting far too expensive and alot of people seem to wait for them to go on sale before picking them up.

Will definately pick them up the rest of them once they are on the clearance rack.
May 7, 2010
282 posts
138 upvotes
Edmonton
Uhm, chapters/indigo doesn't price match? Do they? Would be awesome if I can price match + apply masterpass discount
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6392 posts
1983 upvotes
Mississauga
4gothow2playwc3 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:06 pm
Uhm, chapters/indigo doesn't price match? Do they? Would be awesome if I can price match + apply masterpass discount
No.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4891 posts
374 upvotes
kukitsuwa wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:02 am
Chapters/Indigo 20% off using Masterpass

Edit:
Use TreatMar code for an extra 10% off when you spend $50 or more.
Applies to Lego books with exclusive minifigures.

Not sure if it applies to Lego sets.
Doesn't look like they apply. Mindstorm is out of stock. Anything else interesting? Other than the calendars, I don't see anything else on sale anymore.
Feb 27, 2007
261 posts
30 upvotes
kukitsuwa wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 8:08 am
I'm not terribly surprised that this was a possibility. LEGO Dimensions was a neat idea, and was executed pretty well, but as a game, it wasn't as good as any of the single franchise games. And yeah, it gets expensive, even when you get decent deals. But at least you have LEGO, which makes it a better deal for our family than for some of the other toy-based video games.
Nov 6, 2016
322 posts
187 upvotes
Anyone got a clue what's happened to Costco's prices? The Lego seems to have leapt up in price on some sets...no longer around 20% off on most sets, and at least one, the already absurdly overpriced Joker Lowrider, is actually $10 MORE than it's MSRP.
Just making air plans for if I have any money and whether I should go for the Sears deal if it comes around or go left-field..may even go for ones not at Costco....Tower Bridge..although..Assembly Square....I can't believe you guys buy modulars and stick them on the shelf; I'm SO taking that thing apart and displaying ALL the rooms ;-)
Although with that, the Silent Mary......oh man,. Maybe it;s time to stop buying CMfs and small sets and just spend the $1000 on big sets ;-O
Glorious Days when one can (almost) always get LEGO for 20% off or more, and sometimes you need only wait a few months...... Come and talk LEGO here
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/lego-dea ... le-2062291
Oct 2, 2016
191 posts
37 upvotes
Discounts at Costco.ca come and go. But I have never seen them overprice than MSRP. Might be a pricing error.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
2114 posts
699 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Thank god Indigo doesn't carry biggers sets... I already spent my extra paycheck this month on LEGO sets... lol
Feb 18, 2017
17 posts
3 upvotes
Oh what great deals.

Returned the rebel combat frigate and first order transporter that I purchased on sale at TRU and picked up the Y Wing, Yoda's starfighter, and the Phantom as well as the newest battlepacks and microfights from Indigo (20% masterpass) and the Tie Striker from Amazon (30% off). After the discounts I was looking at ~11 cents per brick and 26 minifigs (vs ~13 cents and 12 minifigs from what I had bought from TRU). This doesn't even factor in the bonus points I should be getting from the air miles promotion although I consider that gravy at this point (I'll probably put it towards the A Wing next time it's on sale).

On an aside, guess I can just bricklink Captain Phasma. I still want the Ahsoka minifigure from the combat frigate however I am going to just keep an eye on TRU/S@H and wait for them to sell for 30% off or more. The proportions on the set are kind of odd and there seems to be tons of stock in every TRU I visit so sales are bound to happen as it gets retired.

I wish I had never found this thread... lol
Mar 30, 2015
192 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is what I got from the Chapters/Indigo recent (10%-off using TreatMar code + 20%-off using Masterpass) sale

LEGO Batman Movie Activity Book with Minifigure (reg. $11.99) $7.47
Lego Dc Comics Super Heroes Character Encyclopedia (reg.$21.99) $13.75
Lego Batman: Visual Dictionary (lego Dc Universe Super Heroes) (reg. $23.99) $14.99
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
7763 posts
749 upvotes
Richmond Hill
kukitsuwa wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 1:38 am
This is what I got from the Chapters/Indigo recent (10%-off using TreatMar code + 20%-off using Masterpass) sale

LEGO Batman Movie Activity Book with Minifigure (reg. $11.99) $7.47
Lego Dc Comics Super Heroes Character Encyclopedia (reg.$21.99) $13.75
Lego Batman: Visual Dictionary (lego Dc Universe Super Heroes) (reg. $23.99) $14.99
did you use AM 25x bonus equiv to 13% off? i thought TreatMar didn't apply to lego.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
2114 posts
699 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
wlee wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 8:07 am
did you use AM 25x bonus equiv to 13% off? i thought TreatMar didn't apply to lego.
I think it might apply to books but not actual LEGO sets.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 2 guests)

lilguy, tekkamanraiden, pete, cayolargo