The Official RFD LEGO General Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 9:02 am
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1111 posts
1893 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
AmazingYen wrote: Not sure if anyone is interested, but picked up Lego Brickmaster (Star Wars) at Costco today. They also had the Atlantis version but did not pick it up. I think they had something similar last year, but they sold out pretty quickly last year. The Star wars one has 240 pieces (including 2 minifigs) and instructions to build 8 different vehicles. It is $16.99.

Cool, thanks. Was in at a Costco on Saturday but did not see this in the toy section. The store may not have had it, but at your location, was it in with the books?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1167 posts
736 upvotes
Calabogie, ON
dogbolter wrote: Does anyone know if the new Lego board games are 20% off at Sears?

To answer my own question, no but yes. If you look at the ad is say "All Reg Priced Lego Playsets ON SALE!" and it lists a bunch of sets that are 20% off.

I was able convice the sales person that everything was 20% off even though not everything scanned that way.
Aug 4, 2005
789 posts
8 upvotes
Stouffville
FrogPrince wrote: Not sure if this was mentioned but Zellers has the following sales:

All LEGO board games are 25% off Nov 12-18

$5 off Cad Bane's Speeder, City House and Atlantis Undersea Explorer (reg. 39.99, now 34.99) Nov 12-18

Thanks just a small correction, the Speeder is $5 off $40 -> $35 but the other two are $10 off $55 -> $45
Nov 3, 2009
91 posts
43 upvotes
stony wrote: Cool, thanks. Was in at a Costco on Saturday but did not see this in the toy section. The store may not have had it, but at your location, was it in with the books?

I found them in the book section, with the kids books.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2005
1488 posts
anyone looking to pickup that lego advent calendar, toys r us has it lumped in with their lego city sets so it's on sale this week for $31.xx instead of the 39.99 reg at the store and walmart
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2010
3553 posts
87 upvotes
Rogue_77 wrote: anyone looking to pickup that lego advent calendar, toys r us has it lumped in with their lego city sets so it's on sale this week for $31.xx instead of the 39.99 reg at the store and walmart

Is this the City Calendar or the Kingdoms one?
RFD OT: Serious answers to stupid questions.
RFD Definition of 'troll': Someone whose opinion you don't like.
Aug 8, 2006
81 posts
15 upvotes
Anyone know how this promo works? The advertisement and the card seems to be pretty clear, but I ran into 2 cashiers that claim otherwise. The advertisement suggests that you get a $10 card off your next $50 purchase (valid nov. 19th- dec.2) with purchase of any lego product right now. But the cashier insisted that I had to spend $50 to get the card. So I asked, do I need to spend $50 now and $50 again later, but he said no, spend $50 now and it works like a gift card for your next purchase (no need to spend $50). Yet, if I read the flyer, I know that when I go to use it, they will insist that I spend another $50. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

I mean really, all it amounts to is a 20% off coupon (max 20%... could be much less depending on what you buy) with a minimum $50 purchase... and they want you to spend $50 just to get this coupon? Bah...
Aug 8, 2006
81 posts
15 upvotes
Some deals to be had at Superstore. I was at a Calgary Superstore and I noticed that most of their lego is marked down (20%-25%). My location had some Star Wars lego (army builders and a couple of small ships), some smaller Kingdoms sets (army builders and the Tower), plus a bunch of small City sets.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3909 posts
2338 upvotes
Ottawa
rfd_112233 wrote: Anyone know how this promo works? The advertisement and the card seems to be pretty clear, but I ran into 2 cashiers that claim otherwise. The advertisement suggests that you get a $10 card off your next $50 purchase (valid nov. 19th- dec.2) with purchase of any lego product right now. But the cashier insisted that I had to spend $50 to get the card. So I asked, do I need to spend $50 now and $50 again later, but he said no, spend $50 now and it works like a gift card for your next purchase (no need to spend $50). Yet, if I read the flyer, I know that when I go to use it, they will insist that I spend another $50. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

I mean really, all it amounts to is a 20% off coupon (max 20%... could be much less depending on what you buy) with a minimum $50 purchase... and they want you to spend $50 just to get this coupon? Bah...

Easiest way to "verify" the logic is to ask to examine the card.

If the card has no requirements to use, then you must spend $50 now.

If it DOES require you to spend $50, just argue that you get it now, and requirement is for future purchase only.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1355 posts
1346 upvotes
Southern Ontario
For anyone that lives close to the border, or wants to take a little drive, Target has a sale on Harry Potter, Prince of Persia, and Hero Factory ---Buy 1 get one 50% off. I went down today in pursuit of Hogwarts, but unfortunately there were none available in Metro Buffalo. (Be sure to check online---limited availability was showing for Hogwarts at 2 locations but they were sold out by the time I got down there.) The other Harry Potter sets seemed top be in good supply.

I ended up getting Hogwarts down the street at TRU on sale for $129.99 US.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
3129 posts
1289 upvotes
rfd_112233 wrote: Some deals to be had at Superstore. I was at a Calgary Superstore and I noticed that most of their lego is marked down (20%-25%). My location had some Star Wars lego (army builders and a couple of small ships), some smaller Kingdoms sets (army builders and the Tower), plus a bunch of small City sets.
Which RCSS did you see this at please? This might be the only store...
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
Apr 3, 2006
446 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
robskot wrote: Which RCSS did you see this at please? This might be the only store...

Saw a bunch of lego on sale at the RCSS in Ricmond, BC last night as well. So don't think it is just one store.
Aug 4, 2005
789 posts
8 upvotes
Stouffville
redjl wrote: Saw a bunch of lego on sale at the RCSS in Ricmond, BC last night as well. So don't think it is just one store.

Similar thing at the Loblaws in Markham. They only sell smaller sets, but lots of them on clearance. No stellar deals. Some examples of City:

7236 Police car reg 7.99 sale 7.14 -11%
8401 Minifig collection reg 12.99 sale 9.94 -23%
7942 Off road fire rescue reg 12.99 sale 11.14 -14%
Aug 8, 2006
81 posts
15 upvotes
robskot wrote: Which RCSS did you see this at please? This might be the only store...

This was at the Superstore in Calgary (on Country Hills / Harvest Hills).

Some examples I can remember:
City Camper is regularly 19.99, but it was marked down to 15.xx (a bunch of other City sets there too).
Snowtrooper packs were regularly 14.99, but reduced to 11.94 (same with Hoth Rebel packs) (just over 20% off).
Kingdoms Chariot pack regulary 12.99 or 14.99 at TRU was reduced to 10.34 (just over 20% off).
There were a couple of creator sets as well (a helicopter) which was also reduced about 20-25%.

Most of the sets were marked down similarly, but there isn't alot to choose from. Having said that, I did pick a couple of Star Wars battle packs, because they don't seem to go on sale very often at TRU.
Aug 8, 2006
81 posts
15 upvotes
Akitakara wrote: Easiest way to "verify" the logic is to ask to examine the card.

If the card has no requirements to use, then you must spend $50 now.

If it DOES require you to spend $50, just argue that you get it now, and requirement is for future purchase only.

The card does have a requirement to use written directly on it. And the flyer also states pretty clearly that you have to spend $50 when using it:

"Redeemable from Nov. 19th - Dec. 2nd, 2010 towards the purchase of $50 or more (before taxes) on ANY** LEGO items!"

Also, their ad states that you get the card with any lego purchase (no min requirement), but no deal for me. Oh well, saves me money I guess... the coupon would only entice me to spend more on Lego I don't need. HAHA.
Aug 11, 2003
434 posts
7 upvotes
rfd_112233 wrote: The card does have a requirement to use written directly on it. And the flyer also states pretty clearly that you have to spend $50 when using it:

"Redeemable from Nov. 19th - Dec. 2nd, 2010 towards the purchase of $50 or more (before taxes) on ANY** LEGO items!"

Also, their ad states that you get the card with any lego purchase (no min requirement), but no deal for me. Oh well, saves me money I guess... the coupon would only entice me to spend more on Lego I don't need. HAHA.
Looks like you answered your own question. I took a close look at the card that I received and came to the same conclusion.

Get the card if you are going to buy Lego anyway. But don't buy anything that you would not otherwise buy just to get the card. If some Lego comes on sale that you had intended to buy then use the card if you can. Toys R Us seems to have some Lego theme on sale every week but not something I would always want to get.
Nov 3, 2004
783 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Any suggestion for a 7 year old boy for around $80? Much appreciated.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1163 posts
210 upvotes
Unless you son has shown preference for a particular theme, I would go for a set from the city theme.

It's been a long while since I was that age, but don't most boys that age like cars, trucks etc?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

godrack