The Official RFD LEGO General Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 7:26 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
MoneyHypeMike wrote: The 7% is in optimum points right?
5% optimum + 3% PC points from my credit card.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11295 posts
6298 upvotes
Ontario
cayolargo wrote: I think the ATTE was 60% on mastermind warehouse sale.
Still good price now,lowest from long time. Tempting but I spent already too much.. keeping some money for black friday. Let's see what happens
Even better. Once I see 50%off or close to it, generally a good time to buy. Though I don't like this atte, have older version and its way better for me. Got a few sets from Bay nevertheless)
May 25, 2009
707 posts
302 upvotes
is $30 for lego city advent 2017 the cheapest so far?
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2448 posts
1073 upvotes
Toronto
that's what U can get from Costco. It can be had for $25 and change with The Bay's coupon.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2008
5754 posts
475 upvotes
immortal_kssss wrote: Sorry to hear that,I bet it was shipped with Purolator? ,usually the packages I get through Purolator are in bad shape.
Sorry I don't get that ( with numbers written on the box. No wonder they are going bankrupt.) ?
The set is not available though through TRU anymore,did you try to call them and get some resolution ? ,although it's unethical but if I wanted that set so bad and can't get a replacement from TRU,I'd order it through Walmart.ca and return the damaged one to Walmart.
Yeah, it's Purolator. Although I don't think it's the shipper's fault. Three sets, the firehouse, the carousel and the assembly square was put into a single package with the assembly square on the bottom, vertically. The weight of the two other sets crashed its box. :(

Each box also has a number 4 written on it with a black marker for some reason.

I haven't had a chance to call them yet. Maybe I should just return them.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2627 posts
1427 upvotes
burlington, on
seams now on kijiji there are lots Saturn for sale and prices are getting lower. Probably you can find from 170 to 180.
obviously better wait again stock on lego shop but for someone that needs it asap is not too crazy price.
I bought mine with double vip points :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
MoneyHypeMike wrote: Just saw how much I spent in November... ouch.
Only 23 days left...
I stopped by 3 SDM locations,I couldn't find any Hudson's bay GC,but I found Home outfitter GC,I called Hudson's bay customer service to confirm if I can use HO GC there,and they said No sorry it won't work,I didn't want to end up with $200 Home outfitters GC.
Due to the fact (The Bay's customer service sucks and they are incompetent),I decided to take a risk and buy $25 HO GC only to give it a try,I just tried the GC online and it works,I can't believe they made drive around for nothing.
Tomorrow I have to go again to SDM to grab some GCs,I don't know why I said 7% is the cashback if you take GC route,if you have PC MC,it's 8% (3% from CC and 5% in Optimum points)
Last edited by immortal_kssss on Nov 8th, 2017 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 4, 2008
70 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
cayolargo wrote: seams now on kijiji there are lots Saturn for sale and prices are getting lower. Probably you can find from 170 to 180.
obviously better wait again stock on lego shop but for someone that needs it asap is not too crazy price.
I bought mine with double vip points :)
Bought mine from a mastermind store over the past weekend using their 20% discount code/coupon. Seems to be the best deal imo. I just received their holiday catalogue which includes another 20% off coupon in it.

The staff don’t seem to be educated on this since they all insist that LEGO IDEAS are excluded from the discount but it’s clearly not listed as one of the exclusions so I just told them to scan it st the register and they were shocked that it worked.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
fr33styl3 wrote: Bought mine from a mastermind store over the past weekend using their 20% discount code/coupon. Seems to be the best deal imo. I just received their holiday catalogue which includes another 20% off coupon in it.

The staff don’t seem to be educated on this since they all insist that LEGO IDEAS are excluded from the discount but it’s clearly not listed as one of the exclusions so I just told them to scan it st the register and they were shocked that it worked.
When I read the fine print of the 20% code I thought it's not gonna work on Saturn,How to get the Holiday catalogue? By mail or is it digital?
Dec 4, 2008
70 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
It was by mail but I think you just need to sign up for their mailing list. Don’t worry, they always email you their sales with a 20% off coupon.

For some reason the discount doesn’t work online but no issue in stores. Also got the fishing store with the discount.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2627 posts
1427 upvotes
burlington, on
fr33styl3 wrote: Bought mine from a mastermind store over the past weekend using their 20% discount code/coupon. Seems to be the best deal imo. I just received their holiday catalogue which includes another 20% off coupon in it.

Did they have stock in store??
Dec 4, 2008
70 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
cayolargo wrote: Did they have stock in store??
The stores must've got stock towards the end of the week because none of them had it for a while but I think most stores are sold out now from checking the store inventory online. Only Hurontario and Pickering (limited) have stock at the moment.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
cayolargo wrote: Walmart has on clearance some lego tshirt for kids... no too many sizes.
I bought a small and an extra small.
To have a free delivery I added a random item that I will return in store!

https://www.walmart.ca/search/lego%20boys%20batman/N-32
Thanks bud, I grabbed a few as gifts,too bad the red one is OOS.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)