The Official RFD LEGO General Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 11:02 am
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2627 posts
1427 upvotes
burlington, on
Deedee01 wrote: Guess it wouldn’t hurt to try. But it would on the rare side they’d let it go for $8 if they are scanning for more. That set still scanned at $70 couple days ago when I checked.
you think is better adjustment in store or better buy full price and call customer service?
Dec 5, 2008
441 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
immortal_kssss wrote: You killed it for us here when you made posted it on the Hot deal forum .
Funny to me cause he got on my ass last year for posting a lego deal in a seperate forum

Solid deals though, I got the Fire Boat last March for $20 and thought it was a steal, congrats to anyone who gets for $8.

Anybody find and scan in store to see if the price trickled down?
May 7, 2010
625 posts
509 upvotes
Edmonton
If I can score these on Kijiji for $200 is it a good deal?

10245 santa workshop
10254 holiday train
10249 winter toy shop
10235 winter village market
40139 gingerbread house
40093 snowman
40092 reindeer
40223 snowglobe
40138 christmas train

no boxes. just instructions
Last edited by 4gothow2playwc3 on Jan 26th, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 22, 2017
159 posts
80 upvotes
cayolargo wrote: you think is better adjustment in store or better buy full price and call customer service?
I guess you can try in store either way is a long shot I think. It’s like the HD sales in other threads extremely YMMV depending on the manager. Even stupid Walmart policy said they don’t price match their own online prices as mentioned in a earlier post.

And they still rant about their “price match guaranteed bs” it’s more like at their discretion. They say they would also match online but found out from local Walmart’s online competitor doesn’t cut it even if in stock it has to be in a flyer.

The thing with price adjustments is that they give you 90 days but there’s a line that excludes clearance items. So either way is a gamble. Calling in might waste more time just to get someone and difficult to show any proof. If you really want that set I say try if not don’t bother.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2627 posts
1427 upvotes
burlington, on
United11 wrote: Funny to me cause he got on my ass last year for posting a lego deal in a seperate forum

Solid deals though, I got the Fire Boat last March for $20 and thought it was a steal, congrats to anyone who gets for $8.

again my friend. check the time of my post...every thing was OOS. i will never post some lego deals in general hot deals.. check the time I'm serious, you will see that every lego was all OOS
Jun 22, 2017
159 posts
80 upvotes
4gothow2playwc3 wrote: If I can score these on Kijiji for $200 is it a good deal?

10245 santa workshop
10254 holiday train
10249 winter toy shop
40139 gingerbread house
40093 snowman
40092 reindeer
40223 snowglobe
40138 christmas train

Screw the boxes, get it! 9 sets if it was around Toronto you can’t even get half that list. I say it’s more than fair. Damn Edmonton is a Lego bargain haven based on another member who scored the pirate ships and some or was that Calgary.
Last edited by Deedee01 on Jan 26th, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2627 posts
1427 upvotes
burlington, on
4gothow2playwc3 wrote: If I can score these on Kijiji for $200 is it a good deal?

10245 santa workshop
10254 holiday train
10249 winter toy shop
40139 gingerbread house
40093 snowman
40092 reindeer
40223 snowglobe
40138 christmas train

i think is great... will be hard to check if they are complete or not
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2008
5754 posts
475 upvotes
Deedee01 wrote: Screw the boxes, get it! 9 sets if it was around Toronto you can’t even get half that list. I say it’s more than fair. Damn Edmonton is a Lego bargain haven based on another member who scored the private ships and some or was that Calgary.
It's not another member. It's him/her. :)
Jun 22, 2017
159 posts
80 upvotes
Archanfel wrote: It's not another member. It's him/her. :)
I am going to start buying out of other provinces lol Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
chineseconscript wrote: has anyone ever had luck getting TRU to price match these advertised walmart clearance prices?
Yes ,I stopped by TRU for the free Lego sets,but They refused to PM Walart.ca because items were OOS.
cayolargo wrote: you think is better adjustment in store or better buy full price and call customer service?
You can try your luck,but I f were you I would pass and not waste my time,It's not worth your time and get frustrated.
United11 wrote: Funny to me cause he got on my ass last year for posting a lego deal in a seperate forum

I'd be so happy If I could have bought for $40,the boat and turbo tanks were in my card for days and was waiting for the price to get a little bit lower to pull the trigger ,but it wasn't meant to be.
I wanted to stop by my local Walmart ,but my wife got a little tense after she wait half in hour in the car when I stepped in TRU,so I was scared to push my luck with Walmart.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2627 posts
1427 upvotes
burlington, on
immortal_kssss wrote:

I'd be so happy If I could have bought for $40,the boat and turbo tanks were in my card for days and was waiting for the price to get a little bit lower to pull the trigger ,but it wasn't meant to be.
I wanted to stop by my local Walmart ,but my wife got a little tense after she wait half in hour in the car when I stepped in TRU,so I was scared to push my luck with Walmart.
i got my order in stand by because boat OOS. in that order there was also a ninjago set and a turbo tank.
i only want to keep the boat (if they delivery it).
you can have turbo tank. best if you can trade with another set!!! but not big deal i can give for the price i paid.
May 7, 2010
625 posts
509 upvotes
Edmonton
Deedee01 wrote: Screw the boxes, get it! 9 sets if it was around Toronto you can’t even get half that list. I say it’s more than fair. Damn Edmonton is a Lego bargain haven based on another member who scored the pirate ships and some or was that Calgary.
I was the one who scored the queen anne's revenge and black pearl Smiling Face With Open Mouth
May 7, 2010
625 posts
509 upvotes
Edmonton
cayolargo wrote: i think is great... will be hard to check if they are complete or not
this is from the post.. "seems" to be fine.. again the only included are the christmas sets

Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
I used my 4 savings cars at Toys "R" Us in Brossard without any issue.
One of them didn't scan, but they had a paper with an additional code they could scan when that happens.
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM
Mar 27, 2012
852 posts
158 upvotes
Baffin Island, NU

10245 santa workshop
10254 holiday train
10249 winter toy shop
40139 gingerbread house
40093 snowman
40092 reindeer
40223 snowglobe
40138 christmas train

Did you snatch that one from me again? :'(

if so that is 2 already! let me win the next one please :D
May 7, 2010
625 posts
509 upvotes
Edmonton
dealbreak3r wrote: Did you snatch that one from me again? :'(

if so that is 2 already! let me win the next one please :D
You already scored a good deal on Ewok's village so it's my turn now Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Anyone else Toys "R" Us was pretty empty when they visited in the last few days?
Took me around 10-15 minutes to find something worth around 70$ on my wishlist... they only had 3 out of the 7 BrickHeadz from the latest wave... barely any of the last LEGO wave.
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM
Sep 12, 2017
141 posts
83 upvotes
MoneyHypeMike wrote: Anyone else Toys "R" Us was pretty empty when they visited in the last few days?
Took me around 10-15 minutes to find something worth around 70$ on my wishlist... they only had 3 out of the 7 BrickHeadz from the latest wave... barely any of the last LEGO wave.
I overheard part of a conversation at a lego meetup. So take this with a grain of salt, but I heard lego messed up in a major way in terms of stocking/ and/or sending new 2018 sets out to stores.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2017
1331 posts
960 upvotes
Montreal, QC
MoneyHypeMike wrote: Anyone else Toys "R" Us was pretty empty when they visited in the last few days?
The Brossard one had 11 of the 12 of the first wave. But they really don't have many new sets I think. Only one box of batman CMF series 2, even less than series one.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

whatdoiwanttodo, LegendKillaXXI