[LEGO] OFFICIAL LEGO THREAD - New TRU and other general things

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2017 5:48 am
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
4166 posts
800 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone in GTA have an extra batman bricktober Toys R Us set? I have other sets and polys to trade.....
Nov 19, 2010
514 posts
136 upvotes
burlington, on
ez_86 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 2:24 pm
Anyone in GTA have an extra batman bricktober Toys R Us set? I have other sets and polys to trade.....
I'm still waiting on you to trade my first order transporter with your x wing resistance Upside-down Face
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
8249 posts
1748 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
cayolargo wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 2:56 pm
I'm still waiting on you to trade my first order transporter with your x wing resistance Upside-down Face
LOL

+1 I am still waiting to trade Jakku with him/her
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
4166 posts
800 upvotes
Toronto
Andro wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 4:11 pm
LOL

+1 I am still waiting to trade Jakku with him/her
cayolargo wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 2:56 pm
#DEAD, lol @ him/her

my main focus for now is the batman fig set, lol
Jul 13, 2017
295 posts
150 upvotes
Montreal, QC
cayolargo wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 5:48 am
If i don't mistake price started for 160 for both.
Than I saw same ad for 150...than 120.
The seller at the end was agree for 110
Did a quick search, and found there was a WM store in Montreal had already had 75179 on 50% off clearance...
Unfortunately not very convenient for me to get there by bus and metro...
Jun 16, 2003
631 posts
97 upvotes
Hi All,

I'm new to this thread... but wanted to get some advice from some of you more avid Lego Collectors. I'm starting to get into the Lego Trains (starting with the Lego Winter Train Set) for my 11 month old son (really for me :D). Given the train set is an unpowered set and is just a circular track, what powered train set is the best to compliment or is it better to just buy the power units?

I'm a bit torn with the High Speed Train and the Cargo Train or just buying the power components outright.

Oct 7, 2011
45 posts
13 upvotes
podball wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 4:33 pm
Did a quick search, and found there was a WM store in Montreal had already had 75179 on 50% off clearance...
Unfortunately not very convenient for me to get there by bus and metro...
which WM is that ?

Thanks
Nov 4, 2007
878 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
^ Definitely the Cargo train has more playability and is $180 at costco.ca or amazon.ca. Power functions on their own are pretty pricey, so it may be worth it to just get additional trains as it will also give you more tracks to play with. You can just reuse the power functions for the x-mas set during the holidays and switch it back to the other set in Jan.

If you buy the power functions separately, you need the motor, battery pack and remote which are roughly $20 each. Put that $60 towards a second train set.
Jun 16, 2003
631 posts
97 upvotes
kasm wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 5:30 pm
^ Definitely the Cargo train has more playability and is $180 at costco.ca or amazon.ca. Power functions on their own are pretty pricey, so it may be worth it to just get additional trains as it will also give you more tracks to play with. You can just reuse the power functions for the x-mas set during the holidays and switch it back to the other set in Jan.

If you buy the power functions separately, you need the motor, battery pack and remote which are roughly $20 each. Put that $60 towards a second train set.
Thanks Kasm - I was definitely thinking about Costco with the Master Pass - $25 off promotion going on. And you read my mind around using the Winter Set over the holidays and the other set for the rest of the year :)
Jul 13, 2017
295 posts
150 upvotes
Montreal, QC
vinvin621 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 5:15 pm
which WM is that ?

Thanks
Place Viau Supercentre.
There are 2 in stock according to their online service.
But be aware you might not be able to find them...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
8249 posts
1748 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Just got this week's bricktober sets. Noob employee did not include any at first, then after my reminder tried to include only 1 set, after which other employee had to remind its both.
Jul 13, 2017
295 posts
150 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Just got mine, too.
They confirmed again, I could only get one with purchase of $75. If I want to get both, I need to make two seperated purchases over $30 and $75, then I cannot apply my R club coupon on both purchases. Fortunately I am not really into the city one.
Planned to buy the A wing, but they could not apply the coupon on it in the system. I guess because it's a TRU exclusive.
Then change back to 4 microfighters, which I planned to buy them when on clearance in WM.
Not a nice experience, again...
Oct 3, 2015
385 posts
316 upvotes
Midland, ON
podball wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 10:09 am
Just got mine, too.
They confirmed again, I could only get one with purchase of $75. If I want to get both, I need to make two seperated purchases over $30 and $75, then I cannot apply my R club coupon on both purchases. Fortunately I am not really into the city one.
Planned to buy the A wing, but they could not apply the coupon on it in the system. I guess because it's a TRU exclusive.
Then change back to 4 microfighters, which I planned to buy them when on clearance in WM.
Show them the website. It very clearly says Minifigure Collection AND Minifigure Build when you spend $75
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
8249 posts
1748 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
podball wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 10:09 am
Just got mine, too.
I would recommend to start calling head office with the store manager's name. Yes, it will take time, but you'll keep having the same issue in the future otherwise.

Not only are they screwing you, but also other customers.
TheMadMax wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 10:16 am
Show them the website. It very clearly says Minifigure Collection AND Minifigure Build when you spend $75
Agreed
Jul 13, 2017
295 posts
150 upvotes
Montreal, QC
TheMadMax wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 10:16 am
That's exactly what I did last week.
They said that was my misunderstanding. The flyer on the website said, I could get those freebie, but details were shown below. Then there were 2 rules below, one for each. So they were separated.
That's how they explained to me. Quite funny.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Andro