Cell Phones

Official LG G5 Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2017 5:32 pm
Sep 16, 2013
7 posts
Ottawa
I just ordered mine from Koodo. Going to see how it compares vs my dtek50 that I got Friday.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4192 posts
425 upvotes
Mississauga
the lg keyboard.... when you Swype a word and it's not what you want, when you press the delete key, it only deletes one letter.... annoying

the Google keyboard, it deletes the entire word...

the lg keyboard is better for typing numbers...

which keyboard do you guys use?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4701 posts
1504 upvotes
Ducky wrote:
Nov 28th, 2016 6:54 pm
the lg keyboard.... when you Swype a word and it's not what you want, when you press the delete key, it only deletes one letter.... annoying

the Google keyboard, it deletes the entire word...

the lg keyboard is better for typing numbers...

which keyboard do you guys use?
I've been using Swift keyboard since my Note 4.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1311 posts
154 upvotes
Everytime I create an ssid for my hotspot, it would revert back to androidap. Does anyone have this problem?

Is there a way to delete or hide the battery saver, smart doctor, battery usage icons?

My 5x would default to desktop mode on firefox but my g5 would always revert back to mobile mode. Does anyone know how I can get it to stick?
Jun 20, 2005
184 posts
13 upvotes
London
Any recommendations on a qc 3.0 charger?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4192 posts
425 upvotes
Mississauga
9394 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2016 9:02 pm
I've been using Swift keyboard since my Note 4.
swift is same as lg... only deletes a letter when i click delete... looks like i will use the Google keyboard

i really like swype even though accuracy is mediocre
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4701 posts
1504 upvotes
Ducky wrote:
Nov 30th, 2016 9:29 am
swift is same as lg... only deletes a letter when i click delete... looks like i will use the Google keyboard

i really like swype even though accuracy is mediocre
If you hold down the backspace key, the entire word will be deleted.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4701 posts
1504 upvotes
jellytime wrote:
Nov 27th, 2016 2:12 pm
I jumped on this deal. I should be getting it by wednesday the latest. Had to upgrade all my charging equipment to Quick charge and USB C..
Which was kind of annoying, but I guess that's the future. All of my Micro Cables are soon to be obsolete.
A 6ft charging cable is a must for me..

I got the following accessories.

Spigen TPU Rugged Armour case: $15
https://www.amazon.ca/Spigen-Rugged-Res ... igen+lg+g5
I ordered this along with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid LG G5 Case: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01B1G ... UTF8&psc=1

I ended up returned yours and keeping the Ultra Hybrid. I like the tight fit and grippy sides. I also bought a slickwrap skin as I hate the silver on this phone.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1355 posts
127 upvotes
Bought Nillken Frosted cases for my last 2 phones (Nexus 4 and 5), and I'll do the same. Just hate how long it takes to get here from China.

Debating if I should buy the Spigen Thin case as an interim one though.

I also wish they had the "black" color for sale from Koodo, but not enough to buy a skin.
Dec 1, 2012
995 posts
451 upvotes
Beaverton
kuri wrote:
Nov 25th, 2016 6:41 pm
How are you guys finding the battery life?
munsifn wrote:
Nov 28th, 2016 10:08 am
picked up the phone about 2 weeks ago.

grabbed the following accessories:

SPIGEN neo hybrid case 17.99 on amazon
Love this case, great protection on all sides, inner is TPU, outside border is removable and made of polycarb. Only downside - hard to remove, so if you'll be changing your battery often, I would recommend something else.

ID Glass tempered glass protector - 10.99 on amazon
Works great, easy install. Note it doesn't cover the top portion of the screen as the screen is curved. Still provides protection on the part of the screen you touch most often.

AUKEY USB-C to Micro USB adapters 3-pack - 10.99 on amazon
Tested two of the three with some of the dozens of microUSB cables I have around the house, work well.

LG G5 Folio case - 39.99 on blueshop (cheaper with coupon code)
Still waiting on this to come in. Ordered on Saturday. They had a 25% of promo for black Friday, looks like its down to 20% off for cyber Monday. Also looks like the titan colour is out of stock. They had all colours in stock when I orderd.
That case looks nice.......but I'll bet the first time the phone drops on a ceramic or concrete floor, the phone will be ringing "I need a new screen" :(
Nowhere in the description is the word "Protection"
Be careful. Looks are secondary to protection. Just ask Kate +8 :-)
Deal Fanatic
May 21, 2005
8294 posts
54 upvotes
love2save wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 1:27 pm
That case looks nice.......but I'll bet the first time the phone drops on a ceramic or concrete floor, the phone will be ringing "I need a new screen" :(
Nowhere in the description is the word "Protection"
Be careful. Looks are secondary to protection. Just ask Kate +8 :-)
I assume you are referring to the LG Folio case?

I agree, it has little to no protection. I switched back to my Spigen case after one day. The folio case is extremely slippery in the hand.
It does look very nice and being able to answer calls/snooze alarm with the cover is a nice touch.
FOR SALE
Shoes for sale, sz 10 - 11
100% Heatware/RFD/HoFo/eBay Feedback
Sep 16, 2013
7 posts
Ottawa
Anyone having issues with screen shadows? I read that there are issues with the screen. Close an app and you still see the shadow, like screen burn.